PDA

View Full Version : Entertaining Multiplayer Stories

Were-Sandwich
2007-08-12, 01:17 PM
I always like to hear funny multiplayer stories, anyone got any?

On Halo For PC, I was playing my first ever multiplayer game, on Death Island in a 16-way team game. Everyone was racing around in every kind of vehicle on the game, having a blas. But there was this one guy, you know the type, no life outside the game, who taunts everyone else who is slightly less able. Well, he was going around kicking my teams ass.

He killed three players in a warthog in one shot, who had been driving right towards him, with the rocket launcher. He says "Lern2play n00bs". Now, I get really annoyed when people don't speak properly online, and especially when arrogant gits spoil everyone's fun, so I wheeled my banshee round, aiming at another of his team members slightly to his right, whilst he was other wise engaged with a team mate of mine on his left. I dived toward his team mate, firing, and hopped out of the banshee in mid-air, sending it careening into his friend, and landing behind him. I one-shotted him with a melee attackf rom behind. I looked down on his dead body whilst he waited to repsawn and said "Learn to play, newb", then hopped back in my banshee.

*is a banshee-whore*

Logic
2007-08-12, 10:15 PM
I was playing a cpature the flag game on Halo 2 in Coagulation with 4 other friends. I was on the team of 2.

Each team had one flag capture, and I had just recently been killed, and respawned near the back of my base. I turned to go get into the scorpion, when a banshee falls behind the base, near the cliff. I turn and look up, awiating the inevitable fall of its former pilot. He never appeared. So I concluded that a banshee must have random spawned behind the base near the cliff. I proclaim, as loud as I can, "A banshee fell out of the sky!"

The other team had to contain their giggling.

20 minutes later, I finally see that someone is up there, and sniping us, and relay the information to my teammate. We killed the sniper, but lost that game.

Ranis
2007-08-12, 10:31 PM
Killimanjaro with a Banshee in Halo 2. Killed one person with shots, got out of the banshee and sent it careening to kill two others, sent a rocket down with the banshee, blowing it up at the exact right moment, somehow killing five others.

It was beautiful.

Logic
2007-08-12, 10:39 PM
These must be PC versions of Halo 2. I have not heard of any of these maps.

Xefas
2007-08-12, 10:45 PM
In a game of Dawn of War, me and a friend were playing a 3 on 3 match on a 6 player map. We were both Eldar, with an Eldar computer as a teamate. We were fighting 3 Space Marine computers.

In the first 5 minutes of the game, the 3 Marine comps rush our Computer ally and destroy him utterly. We panic and go full defense, pulling all our guys inward.

Now, since Eldar can teleport their buildings around, we managed to find a reasonably easy to defend area where both of our bases could sit together while we marshalled an attack. They could either attack from the south via a narrow straight of negative-cover, from the southwest via a chokepoint, or from the east, a wide-open area that would be like hell to defend.

So, the 5 of us tech up for a bit, only the comps have free reign of the map, and we're stuck in our little fort. So, they have relics; we don't. They have a bazillion strategic points; we have 5 or 6 to share between us.

After some small skirmishes, everyone has become teched to the max, and we have a general idea of how they're going to attack. They have deep-striking and land-raiders, we have the webway building cloak, and...errr...human intelligence. The marines are smart enough not to attack directly from the southwestern chokepoint. They only send occasional deepstriked squads to the western side of our base while their other units are attacking elsewhere. Ergo, we just position a couple squads of infantry there as a little deterance. They send a slow, steady stream of tactical marines up from the South just to force us to spend resources to defend it. And the east...they hit us with everything they have. Pairs of landraiders roll up every couple minutes, entire battalions of dreadnaughts come screaming out of the sky, and a sea of blood-red painted marines marches on us with no end.

My friend focuses on infantry; he makes sure we aren't overcome from the west or south, and provides as much as he can spare to the eastern front. I focus on building turrets...lots of turrets. I build 'em 4 at a time every time I have a chance. I plug the entire eastern hole with dozens and dozens of webways and turrets.

6 hours and 36 minutes later (we saved the replay, so we know the general timings), the assault has not ended. We've dug in and managed to secure one relic and summoned an Avatar of Khaine. We have not won, but we have not lost. Then, we both see it...a lull in the forces from the south. We know not why, but we take advantage of it. 60 Eldar Banshees, 2 Fire Prisms, and 4 Vipers go gunning down the pass and overwhelm all of the marines' defenses. The east of our base is getting overrun and we can't hold them off any longer. We make a last desperate stand, pouring everything we have at the onslaught as our assets are placed elsewhere.

In the end...we won. The game was around 7 hours long...but we won. We went from a losing battle to victory in a matter of minutes. One descisive strike was all it took. One mistake by the enemy and it was all over.

Dawn of War. Best. RTS. Ever.

Emperor Ing
2007-08-13, 05:26 AM
This probly isnt the best double kill of halo 2 ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA4fJwvnrcM), but its DEFINITELY up there.

It was a BTB death match on headlong (i think thats what the level is called, i cant remember :smallyuk: ) and I was doing pretty good in a ghost, mostly splattering everyone. So I go up to the street, near the overpass, and I see someone. So i'm going around, trying to blast and splatter him, when he gets by some boxes. So I naturally try to splatter him. He jumps over me, and tries to jack me. That's when I see one of his allies, probably asleep (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=offO0aJT5Qo). So I fly the ghost over to him. Then, the amazing thing happens. He gets splattered by one of the boxes under the overhang, and i splatter his sleeping ally. Best double kill ever in my opinion!

2 good vids in 1 post! I reached my quota! :smallbiggrin:

Dihan
2007-08-13, 05:42 AM
This happened a few days ago on Neverwinter Nights.

I had a level 11 Warmage who was travelling with a Ninja/Werewolf of about the same level as me.

We decided to go down to the crypt to clear out the undead and complete the quest we picked up. As soon as we got down there, we were jumped by 6 skeletons wielding enchanted greatswords...

Without thinking, I aimed a Cone of Cold at the group of undead... I killed them all - about 90 damage, but also killed the Werewolf due to him running in front of me... Then I became an Archmage with Mastery of Shaping :smallbiggrin:

Jibar
2007-08-13, 06:26 AM
I'll do another Halo story then. :smalltongue:

My and my friend against his little brother and his friend, Halo 2, some swampy level.
At the beginning of the battle, I just turn to my friend and say "You get sword I got shotgun." He nods. We never say anything for the rest of the match.
What follows is an almost barrage of corpses as little bro and friend try to get us. They charged, I shoot them in the face. They try to sneak behind, all of a sudden they've been sword lunged.
Almost every time they die, it's at the same time. They keep trying to jump us, hide in parts of the level, atttack from different angles.
Everytime, it's shotgun to the face, sword lunge. That's all. That was the whole battle. Even when they tried to snipe us, we ducked, jumped, blam. They're dead.
Me and my friend never died.

All must fear the power of shotgun and sword.

Setra
2007-08-13, 06:57 AM
Nothing too special but...

Once when I was playing Halo, in Blood Gulch, I shot a rocket from that one cave where the pistol is, all the way to the base on the opposite side and actually got a double kill.

~~

Once, in Battlefield 2142, I was playing a titan match. And someone got it into their head it would be a good idea to try and destroy the titan guns. Well, I play Engineer so I started to repair them. But he would not give it up (there may have been two, probably a support and an engineer), and instead of trying to shoot them, I kept repairing the guns, and got the highest score on my team without getting a single kill.

Were-Sandwich
2007-08-13, 07:04 AM
Everytime I drive a vehicle off a cliff due to bad driving on Halo, it always landson someone on the oher team. Always. Then I hit the ground.

Blayze
2007-08-13, 08:31 AM
Counter Strike: Source. Assault map. I'm the only surviving Terrorist, against four or five CTs. I know that they are more skilled than me at shooting. Taking on one is a bad idea, taking on any more is suicide. I was armed with this knowledge before the map began, and so I spent the entire time barricading myself in the hostage room.

That means that every filing cabinet I could find, every TV and monitor in that room, as well as the big piece of wood and even that table that takes years to pull out (But seconds to push sideways) is now positioned in front of the only door.

I'm stocked up on nades, have the dual Elites and the big machine gun. They open the door, and come face-to-face with a wall of debris. I hurl my single HE grenade over the small gap that remains, and it lands in their midst. Boom.

One down.

The explosion has cleared a good chunk of the barricade, and their own HE grenades easily take care of the rest (And nuke the two hostages closest to the door by accident, which was funny.), except for a single filing cabinet laid lengthways across the doorway.

I have hidden myself with the other two hostages. Everything is silent. Spooked slightly, I launch my two Flashbangs towards the far wall, hoping they bounce towards the entrance door. The Flashbangs do their job, and I charge out, firing those Elites as fast as I can.

The first enemy falls, not to my bullets, but to those of the guy behind him. The unfortunate team-killer dies next, ten or so bullets lodged in his eyes. The final enemy remains, and the Flash is wearing off quickly. He's spraying like mad, and his aim is getting better and better now he can almost see well once again.

Not wanting to wait for the reload, I switch to my machine gun, and plaster his torso with a good portion of the clip. It is over.

Or is it?

One enemy had hung back, waiting to pick me off at my weakest. I barely dodge out of the way of his rifle rounds, launching a grenade in the hopes that it will slow him down somehow. Just as I remember that all I had left was my Smoke grenade, it collides with his face...

...and drops him. He had been on 1HP, and by the looks of it, not had any armour.

Timberwolf
2007-08-13, 09:07 AM
red Faction 2, I was playing my landlord. I had just mastered the sniper rifle and we were playing a massive, open map. he got no kills and I sniped him every single time. Not so much entertaining in the gameplay but very entertaining in result.

Also, me and my housemates attempts to complete Neverwinter nights.

"Well, I don't want to be evil."

"Tough, we're massacring the whole village"

tgva8889
2007-08-13, 09:08 AM
Well, there's a Call of Duty 2 story that I find amazing, mostly because I did it with the touch pad on my computer. That's right, I was playing an FPS with a touch pad.

Anyways, I decided to try using the Trench Gun for no reason other than I hadn't used it much before. With it as my only weapon, I was hiding out in a building, and I noticed an enemy in the building across the road. So, I quickly did a scope-shot, switching to looking down the barrel, firing, and then switching back out. The Trench Gun is chillingly inaccurate from that range, besides the fact that the only part of him I could see was the top of his head, but I killed him. Moving from the building for fear of being immediately hunted down and killed, I moved up to a warehouse. An enemy came out, and I immediately shot him dead. Ducking to the left of the door, I moved back out to enter and immediately fragged another enemy as he began to leave. Ducking back to the left of the door, I moved to enter once again and took out two enemies with one shot. Amazed at my complete and utter luck with a trigger finger, I walked in and was immediately head-shotted by a rifleman to my left. But I still found it completely hilarious that I was able to do that with the Trench Gun on my first try.

There's also an amusing event in a Halo 2 game me and a few friends were playing. We were playing in the level with the giant windmill-like thing. I was riding around in a tank of some sort, and one of my friends jumped down and started swording the tank. I jumped out and gunned him down in the back, and jumped off of the tank. Various people were shooting, but no one else died at this point. Then, I looked up at the windmill and noticed the flaming tank high in the air. Pointing it out to my friends, we all watched the windmill carry the tank into the air, then drop it right next to one of my friends who was playing. It was pretty hilarious, needless to say, though no one really died impressively.

The only other story I have relates to Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Tormsskull
2007-08-13, 09:09 AM
About 3 years ago or so, my former co-workers and I were talking about Halo and how it was an awesome game and such. And one of them says that he is the best at Halo that he knows, to which I obviously replied that I was better.

So he says he guarantees me that if he picks his 4 man team, and I pick mine, that his team will beat me. So I take the challenge. I am actually pretty good at Halo, and I call up my brother who's almost as good as me, and got 2 of my cousins as well (they are so so).

So we show up to my co-worker's house and his younger brother starts talking smack the moment we walk in. He says that I'm his target, no matter where I go he will be there, blah blah.

As soon as we start playing my team is straight up destroying them. I musta killed his younger brother like 12 times in 1 game, and half of them were from smacks to the back of the head.

Needless to say, by the time we walked out of there, they weren't talking so much smack.

Were-Sandwich
2007-08-13, 09:12 AM
Large amounts of Pwn tends to do that to people.

Timberwolf
2007-08-13, 10:39 AM
Oh yeah.

Mechwarrior 4.

i used to play for a team in a league, Team Banzai. We never really cared how we did, just about fun. Some of the practices we had and the hazing for the new members, they were great. Random tactics, verbal abuse over teamspeak, Death From Above attacks, people being stupid with Long Toms (the weapon that had a small but vocal following) and the new members all on their own in an underpowered light mech in a coliseam arena facing 17 stupidly overgunned big bad mechs, Dodgeball, where you took all the armour off a mech, loaded it to the gills with as many Thunderbolt missiles as you could and turned the radar off so you couldn't use the missile lock. Those were the days.

Leon
2007-08-13, 11:18 AM
Duoing NWN 1 with my friend who likes Paladins, i was playing a rogue with a Cruel streak - we'd do a quest and go back to the people and the paladin would decline the reward while i was inside looting or i'd be killing villages and the paladin would be watching his aligment shift

AvP: playing one game where the predator player had decided that hiding in the corner cloaked and doing nothing was the way to go - the marine used me (Always Alien) as a guide to where the Pred was

Also - any time that ive played as a facehugger, the screams are music to my ears. that or sneaking up on someone as a Queen

talsine
2007-08-13, 12:50 PM
years back playing a Battletech Campian (table top, everything starts with a single lance, and you pick up mechs and such over time from winning battles an such.) I'm running a long range lance, lots of Longbowmen (missle mechs) and a single Rifleman (modified, mounting a gause rifle and some med lazers if something closes.) The opponent is running more close in stuff so my strat is to get high ground and tear him down with massed missle barages and use the gause rifle to finish them off. Around turn 3 i get my guys placed and pick targets, starting with my Rifleman, near max range, and i headshot his first mech witht he gause rifle, i figure its a lucky shot and move on, only to watch my longbowmen crit ammo on another of his mechs and his gryo on the third. In one round i'd killed 2 and disabled his third. Course, next map i get tore up, but it was a great first game.

NEO|Phyte
2007-08-13, 01:10 PM
Enemy Territory, the one radar map. I'm on the attacking team, and am running and jumping and generally trying to be hard to hit while running an objective back to where we need to take it. I get to the edge of the raised area just before where I need to get the radar piece, jump down to where I won't be in the line of fire of enemies...

...and get creamed by a rocket fired from across the map at me. There was many lulz on the teamspeak server.

Badgerish
2007-08-13, 02:51 PM
playing AVP on a LAN. 1 alien (me) and two marines left. it's the giant statue map.

I'm in the largest room, with part of the statue and a small spiral-staircase in one corner. there is a small dark area under the staircase, so i hide under there (stuck to the ceiling ofc, i'm an alien!) I wait for a bit, then the two marines come in together and run directly at me! :smalleek: ... then the run into the dark area, turn around and watch the room... about 3 feet below my jaws.

about 10sec later, both the these players fell out of the chairs and swore at me :smalltongue:

playing Action Halflife on a LAN. AHL is a mod that attempts to add a gritty, action-movie realism to the game. so, logically we choose to play it on a 'rats' map, which is a custom level designed as a bathroom, but where the players are about 5" tall :smallyuk: We are playing a LAN, and it's 3on1 (runningman rules)

the hunters have grouped up and are hounding me across the map, and i'm doing a fighting retreat through the storeage cupboard. i get to the top of the cupboard, and i'm pretty much trapped. there are 2 ways out, but they will make me easy prey. so when they get to the roof as well, i jump.

so i'm dramaticly diving across the map, turning back to lay down covering fire, and one of the hunters dives after me (very Trinity/Smith in matrix2, although it's years before), you had to be there, but i got a lucky headshot off on him, and managed to just land in the bath.

and three very short counter-strike stories (over t'internet):

i was dead, and there where 1 person left on each team, turns out both of them where camping... and almost standing back-to-back with only a small wall inbetween them. us ghosts got pleanty of time to laugh about it, as both of the remained camped there for 4 full minutes.

it's me and another guy vs 1 sniper, who we can't find. we split up and explore. the next time we see each other, it's at opposite ends of a corridor. we spot each other, then there is a AWP noise and my team mate falls over, then i see the spent AWP casing fall off the balcony directly above me, i fire up through the ceiling and we win :)

custom hostage map, 1vs1 left, and i'm a CT. i have rescued the hostages, but i'm injured and there isn't much time left. the remaining hostage is on the roof of the building, along with the last T. he mocks me over chat, saying he has won now. so i chat back, and say that i have a secret weapon! i'm in a buyzone, so i get a scout (light sniper rifle) and ... headshot the last hostage. this costs me, but means CTs win! my secret weapon was economics :smalltongue:

PlatinumJester
2007-08-13, 04:05 PM
Halo 2: my friend had a sword and a rocket launcher and I had pistol and sniper. I was hiding behind a huge rock and he was about 5 ft away waiting for me to come out and fight. Yeah right. Using my ninja skills and phenominal good luck, I jumped out a shot a sniper bolt through his head. However he respawns just behind me with another rocket launcher and sword. I just had time to spin around a shoot widly at him. Luckily I hit him in the head again :smallwink:

Conker' Bad Fur Day: My friend and I both had & square of chocolqte left. He had the flag and I had a Samurai sword. As we were running down a main trench the enemy gattling gun started firing at us. I used my ninja skills and luck (which get me and/or my friends out of many bad situations) to jump up and save my friend from being hit. Thanks to that we won the game.

SSMB: me vs 3 newbies. 100 lives each. I managed to obtain a home run bat and within 10 mins I had won (using ninja skills and luck again) without losing 1 life and only recieving 67°/. damage.

Winterwind
2007-08-13, 05:17 PM
Around turn 3 i get my guys placed and pick targets, starting with my Rifleman, near max range, and i headshot his first mech witht he gause rifle, i figure its a lucky shot and move on, only to watch my longbowmen crit ammo on another of his mechs and his gryo on the third. In one round i'd killed 2 and disabled his third. Course, next map i get tore up, but it was a great first game.Headshotting is fine, but how in the name of Kerensky did you manage to breach his armour with missiles, of all kinds of weapons? Were his 'Mechs so light-weight, or did you really hit the same location this many times? Especially since, if you destroyed one of his gyros, you must have broken through the thick centre torso armour.
And all of this in packages of 5 damage points?
Now that's what I call telling probability to sit down and shut up! :smallbiggrin:

Malic
2007-08-13, 10:54 PM
A couple day's ago in a No rush 45 Half map Age of Empire's 3 game I was teamed with this guy who went afk at the start of the game. (Never came back :smallannoyed: ) Anyway 2v1 I have a good tactical advantage since it's a Rockies map I got only two areas of attack to cover so I put up alot of walls and only 4 stables and 3 artillery foundations.

The fight starts and I defend with my horses and artillary but I'm fighting an almost even battle. (that was what shocked me at first since they where both higher lvled than me) Anyway I keep defending after the fist couple of wave's I send a small group of artillary with some horses for protection (din't think it would go well so I didn't put much in it. I blast through one guys defenses easily. Then get my troops killed but barely. Put some more effort into the attack 50 horses and 5 cannons completely destroy one guy.

The other guy was easy after that. I think they kind of half way tried since it was a 1v1 but wanna know the real punchline? They were both French.

Gaelbert
2007-08-13, 11:05 PM
They were both French.

In the game or in real life?

tannish2
2007-08-14, 02:54 AM
warcraft 3. no expansion, blademaster hero, 3 unupgraded grunts, other guy was also orc, tauren cheiften hero, 1 expansion, i harassed him all game with blademaster, then realized "O CRAP I FORGOT TO BUILD AN ARMY" and still somehow managed to get to level 6, get bladestorm, and kill his entire army with it, then pick off his hero on its way back to base... if only i could play old version replays...

Ranis
2007-08-14, 06:13 AM
and still somehow managed to get to level 6, get bladestorm, and kill his entire army with it, then pick off his hero on its way back to base...

By "army" do you mean "three squads and a tank?" Because if not, that was either incredible luck or he was really, really bad.

Malic
2007-08-15, 08:02 AM
In the game or in real life?

Real Life.