PDA

View Full Version : Schism and syncronocity

AthasianWarlock
2017-09-07, 08:13 AM
If a schismed mind uses synronocity, is the action granted to the schism mind (which has -6 ML) or the character?

It was my understanding that synronocity had a target of you, personal- so it would grant that to the whole character.

Anxe
2017-09-07, 09:18 AM
One of my players does this and I always ruled it as the Schism getting the action. That may not be RAW but it felt right to me.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-09-07, 09:19 AM
I dunno about RAW, but I would rule that whichever version used their action to manifest the power would get the benefit.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-09-07, 09:25 AM
I dunno about RAW, but I would rule that whichever version used their action to manifest the power would get the benefit.
Me too.

It's definitely RAW that your schism doesn't benefit from a haste spell on yourself--that's explicitly mentioned. The minds are autonomous, like two characters in one body.

Whether you can cast haste in such a way that your schism gets the benefit... I guess you could, why not? In the same way, a schism should be able to cast Still Silent arcane spellsurge and benefit from the accelerated casting.

AthasianWarlock
2017-09-07, 09:25 AM
So if the schism uses anticipatory strike does it still use the schismed mind? What about schism using celerity? If a schism uses a personal power and links it to sync? In all these instances personal target is the schism?