PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Ozoi-Spawn

rferries
2017-09-08, 03:36 AM
Inspired by Aniikinis's Children of Ozoi (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?535468-Children-of-Ozoi-(Ozodrin-Spec-d-race-of-Native-Outsiders)-PEACH). Part hydra, part kraken, part swarm.

Ozoi-Spawn
https://i.stack.imgur.com/nDX8u.jpg
COLOSSAL OUTSIDER (Chaotic, Evil, Extraplanar, Swarm)
Hit Dice: 18d8+180 (261 hp)
Initiative: +10
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 60 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 38 (+10 Dex, +5 deflection, +5 natural, +8 size), touch 33, flat-footed 28
Base Attack/Grapple: +18/+44
Attack: Swarm (5d6) or tentacle +36 melee (3d8+15)
Full Attack: Swarm (5d6) or 18 tentacles +36 melee (3d8+15)
Space/Reach: 30 ft./30 ft.
Special Attacks: Constrict 4d6 or 3d8+15, distraction, improved grab, maddening visage, swallow whole, tentacles
Special Qualities: Aberration empathy, damage reduction 15/adamantine or cold iron, damage reduction 15/good or lawful, darkvision 60 ft., immune to weapon damage, non-euclidean geometry, regeneration 5, swarm traits, unearthly grace
Saves: Fort +28, Ref +28, Will +28
Abilities: Str 30, Dex 30, Con 30, Int 14, Wis 30, Cha 20
Skills: Hide +47, Intimidate +26, Knowledge (arcana, dungeoneering, religion, the planes) +23, Listen +31, Move Silently +31, Sense Motive +31, Spot +31, Survival +10 (+12 underground, other planes)
Feats: Ability Focus (maddening visage), Combat Reflexes, Great Fortitude, Improved Natural Attack (swarm), Improved Natural Attack (tentacle), Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes,
Environment: A chaotic evil-aligned plane or a transitive plane
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 18
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always chaotic evil
Advancement: 19-36 HD (Colossal)
Level Adjustment: -

This ebon monstrosity blots out the sun as it descends upon your party. You feel your sanity withering away as you gaze upon the inky mass of black tentacles, blood-red eyes, and ivory-fanged maws.

These extraplanar entities live only to corrupt, destroy, and devour (not necessarily in that order).

An Ozoi-Spawn speaks Abyssal but rarely communicates, except to Intimidate its prey before devouring them.

Combat Abilities
An Ozoi-Spawn lashes out with its tentacles at any creature within reach, and deals swarm damage to (and attempts to swallow) any creature in its space.

An opponent can attack an Ozoi-Spawn’s tentacles with a sunder attempt as if they were weapons. An Ozoi-Spawn’s tentacles have 10 hit points each. If an Ozoi-Spawn is currently grappling a target with the tentacle that is being attacked, it usually uses another limb to make its attack of opportunity against the opponent making the sunder attempt. Severing one of an Ozoi-Spawn's tentacles deals 5 points of damage to the creature. An Ozoi-Spawn usually withdraws from combat if it loses nine tentacles to damage that overcomes its regeneration. The creature regrows severed limbs in 1d10+10 days, assuming they don't regenerate first.

Any weapon that can overcome both types of an Ozoi-Spawn's damage reduction deals normal damage to the creature (overriding its swarm immunity to weapon damage).

An Ozoi-Spawn's natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as chaotic and evil for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Aberration Empathy (Su)
This power works like the druid’s wild empathy class feature, except that an Ozoi-Spawn may only use it to influence aberrations and has a +6 racial bonus on the check.

Constrict (Ex)
An Ozoi-Spawn deals automatic swarm or tentacle damage with a successful grapple check.

Distraction (Ex)
Any living creature that begins its turn with an Ozoi-Spawn in its space must succeed on a DC 29 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, the Ozoi-Spawn must hit with a tentacle attack or deal damage with its swarm attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict.

Maddening Visage (Su)
This ability affects all humanoids within 300 feet of an Ozoi-Spawn. Those who look directly at an Ozoi-Spawn must succeed on a DC 26 Will save or take 1d4 points of Wisdom drain. An Ozoi-Spawn cannot suppress this ability. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Non-Euclidean Geometry (Su)
Although it is a swarm, an Ozoi-Spawn takes up a 30-foot space. However, for all purposes it is treated as either a Colossal or a Fine creature, whichever is most advantageous to it at that time (including for the purpose of swarm immunity to weapon damage). An Ozoi-Spawn can fit through any space that a Fine creature could pass through. It ignores all forms of concealment and cover.

Regeneration (Su)
Any weapon that can overcome both types of an Ozoi-Spawn's damage reduction deals normal damage to the creature, as do spells with the [Good], [Law], or [Light] descriptors. An Ozoi-Spawn that loses part of its body mass (usually tentacles) can regrow it in 1d6 minutes. Holding the severed portion against the mass enables it to reattach instantly.

Swallow Whole (Ex)
When an Ozoi-Spawn begins its turn with a grappled opponent in its space, it can swallow that opponent with a successful grapple check. Swallowed creatures are transported to an Ozoi-Spawn's extradimensional maw. Once there, the opponent takes 8d6 points of swarm damage and 1d4 points of Wisdom drain per round. A swallowed creature can cut its way out and return to the Prime Material Plane by using a light slashing or piercing weapon to deal 25 points of damage to the maw (AC 15). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out. An Ozoi-Spawn's maw can hold any number of creatures of any size.

Tentacles (Ex)
When making a full attack an Ozoi-Spawn can divide its tentacle attacks amongst any number of opponents within reach (including in its own space), but may not strike a particular opponent with more than 1d4 tentacles each round.

Unearthly Grace (Su)
An Ozoi-Spawn adds its Charisma modifier as a bonus on all its saving throws, and as a deflection bonus to its Armor Class. (The statistics block already reflects these bonuses).

Aniikinis
2017-09-08, 09:30 AM
This is absolutely terrifying, although I'm not too sure why they'd be Chaotic Evil. Ozoi herself is fairly tame. ...even if she is creepy, awkward, kind of deranges, and somewhat maddening to look at. (https://imgur.com/a/cP76R#0) I mean she is a Nijiura Maid with a name that means "peeping" (reason for the insane number of eyes).

That being said, I'd gladly send this after anyone who plays in a game I DM and just has to finish a summoning they stopped the bad guys from doing. It has happened a few times, I wish I was freaking kidding.

rferries
2017-09-09, 02:42 AM
This is absolutely terrifying, although I'm not too sure why they'd be Chaotic Evil. Ozoi herself is fairly tame. ...even if she is creepy, awkward, kind of deranges, and somewhat maddening to look at. (https://imgur.com/a/cP76R#0) I mean she is a Nijiura Maid with a name that means "peeping" (reason for the insane number of eyes).

That being said, I'd gladly send this after anyone who plays in a game I DM and just has to finish a summoning they stopped the bad guys from doing. It has happened a few times, I wish I was freaking kidding.

Ha I haven't actually played the game; this is just a generic Far Realm-type unspeakable evil.

Aniikinis
2017-09-09, 05:01 AM
Gotcha, and from what I understand she's just a 2ch character with a character in a Mugen game and not an actual established video game character. That being said this is absolutely terrifying to deal with.