PDA

View Full Version : DM Help A Song of Ice and Fire Ruleset (Or Low Magic Rules)

Town_Drunk
2017-09-08, 02:15 PM
If you had ever wanted to run a game within the world of "A Song of Ice and Fire" it can be difficult to balance character according to the world around them.

Here is a ruleset I have made to share with everyone on the forums (be gentle) to criticize and maybe suggest some tweaks and changes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pP2CGwt_oU5cTHXeaVD06Bod47oBRqda8ku1JLnG-sc/edit?usp=sharing

It's not much, but hopefully it can give a few DM's inspiration for possible changes they'll make in their game.

tstewt1921
2017-09-08, 02:23 PM
So I like the combination to like Role Master that seems to be combined with this, however, what system does this base off of 3.5/Pathfinder? How do you start the builds? Are we looking at normal point buy? Can you elaborate a little bit on the rules?

Town_Drunk
2017-09-08, 02:27 PM
It's based on 3.5. The title is Game of Thrones 3.5, so I thought it'd help to make the discernment.

ksbsnowowl
2017-09-11, 12:10 AM
Just FYI, there was a 3.5-based d20 Game of Thrones RPG published under the Sword & Sorcery imprint in 2005, by Guardians of Order. It does much like the d20 Wheel of Time RPG, and d20 Modern, in that it grants level-based defensive bonuses as a part of the standard class charts (BAB, Fort, Ref, Will, Def).

jdizzlean
2017-09-11, 09:01 PM
there is also a GoT module in Dragon #307

Town_Drunk
2017-09-12, 03:33 PM
there is also a GoT module in Dragon #307

Yeah, but in there, Daenerys was a 6th level sorcerer, and Melissandre a level 14 Cleric. (Pls don't quote me on that, I'm going off of memory.) This being a low magic campaign, and for the fact that the ruleset was "meh" I decided to make my own.

EDIT: Looking back at the Dragon Mag, Melisandre was a 9th level cleric, but I didn't see her slinging spells around willy-nilly. I would allow characters to learn magical rituals, but they'd be rituals, and they'd take a chunk stamina out of the PC upon use. And there is no rule-set in the Dragon Mag, just a bunch of "adventure starters" and characters that are misrepresented in their classes. It may seem helpful to some people, but I personally find no help in 307. Thanks anyways though.

jdizzlean
2017-09-12, 08:32 PM
Yeah, but in there, Daenerys was a 6th level sorcerer, and Melissandre a level 14 Cleric. (Pls don't quote me on that, I'm going off of memory.) This being a low magic campaign, and for the fact that the ruleset was "meh" I decided to make my own.

EDIT: Looking back at the Dragon Mag, Melisandre was a 9th level cleric, but I didn't see her slinging spells around willy-nilly. I would allow characters to learn magical rituals, but they'd be rituals, and they'd take a chunk stamina out of the PC upon use. And there is no rule-set in the Dragon Mag, just a bunch of "adventure starters" and characters that are misrepresented in their classes. It may seem helpful to some people, but I personally find no help in 307. Thanks anyways though.

np, i had glanced thru it, but didn't read it in depth