PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt erudite/thrallerd....??? Build help

solooize
2017-09-08, 02:47 PM
Looking for a good gestalt build ..I'll be an 1.erudite/ thrallerd
(erudite only psion powers)
2.??? This is what I'm looking to add

Race: kalashtar

Basically looking for for a class to add and get some perks/tricks ...we take the best part of the classes ..may go into epic lvl ...modern world where people with powers are being hunted (no pathfinder, homebrew...d&d 3.5 only). The idea is that this toon would be me erudite and thrallerd mix gets me what I wanted
I'll be using golems / constructs (as armor and units) the thrallerd (not knowing how deep in the class I'll go) with the thrallerd I'll be getting the powers I need from him then sending him away or killing them off using them as I please. ( And all psion powers I want at the top of my fingers )

My thoughts :
(dread necromancer/necropolitain/dread witch)
Crusader
Swordsage
(Or idk if possible to stack classes erudite/monk build)

ExLibrisMortis
2017-09-08, 03:01 PM
You'd like to have one level of something with Diplomacy, just to get the 4 rank requirement for Thrallherd. Monk is an option, so is warblade. If you can get Kung Fu Genius instead of your first-level monk bonus feat, I'd definitely grab that. Three levels factotum also helps you become INT-SAD, and gives nice skill points.

However, as Thrallherd, you don't really need much besides all-powerful dominated minions. You might choose to go for a buff-focused build, using a wizard, artificer, or cleric side. Alternatively, something like erudite 5/thrallherd 1/constructor 9 works really well, in that you get really powerful astral constructs and a full-power cohort.

Erudite 5/Thrallherd 10//factotum 3/monk 1/[something 1]/erudite +1/[something 8]/erudite +1 (to compensate the no-casting levels) would work pretty much regardless of what [something] is. Personally, I like warblade. Wizard with Psiotheurgy would give you insane ML. Artificer with Chameleon Crafting would give you all spells off of all lists.

solooize
2017-09-08, 03:21 PM
What about grim psion and tainted constructs ...worth it? And remember it's a gestalt ...erudite/thrallerd is the first half of the toon

ExLibrisMortis
2017-09-08, 03:39 PM
What about grim psion and tainted constructs ...worth it? And remember it's a gestalt ...erudite/thrallerd is the first half of the toon
There's a gestalt build suggested in my post: Erudite 5/Thrallherd 10//factotum 3/monk 1/[something 1]/erudite +1/[something 8]/erudite +1. The double slash // indicates that they're gestalted together.

Tainted Construction is so-so, it costs two feats and 2 points of an ability score, which is not cheap. I wouldn't take it unless I was using Constructor and trying to get ultra-maximally-draining constructs for fighting... well, stuff not immune to poison, ability damage, and ability drain. It's more of a gimmick. (constructor 9 + poison + extra attack + tail slap + pounce + withering = 32 DC 24 fortitude saves per round, each save against con damage/drain, total 3-5 con per attack)

Grim Psion, I don't think it's ideal, but you can make it work, if you compensate the lost ML. I'd rather take the lich template normally, or necropolitan, but grim psion does get you there early and easily.

solooize
2017-09-08, 03:48 PM
Ok I didn't realize the // thanks

solooize
2017-09-09, 03:24 PM
Any stronger ideas ...there talking immortality and killing gods