PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Juggernaut Class

mkirshnikov
2017-09-08, 04:32 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT! I've made numerous adjustments to the class, and the most recent version will be in the homebrewery page below! I'm still very open to any criticisms, as I've just been balancing it over time based off of my limited knowledge of the game. While I think it is now much better than it originally was, I'd still like to be certain :)

Since I still can't post links yet, I'll have to do this. Go to the Homebrewery website, click the URL, put "share/" at the end, then use this code to get to the page: Syn4z1D0W

vvv I've taken the class out of the post, only left what was necessary.

I will start off with this. I was checking out tanky homebrew classes on various websites and found one called the Juggernaut. I really liked the class, but in its current state it was incredibly overpowered. I had seen a couple other tanky classes that were much more balanced and decided to combine them to something more balanced and more fitting thematically(In my opinion). I'll list my sources at the bottom of this paragraph. I'm posting the class here for feedback on it's strength and if it's a good class, or some ideas on skills that could or should be different. Also, if people want to playtest it go right ahead! This is my first time "making" a class, and I'm still learning the mechanics of D&D, so I wouldn't be surprised if something's off.

Sources:
Overall theme and some skills: Juggernaut class on DanDwiki 5e homebrew section

Two handed Defense/Defensive Stance: Guardian Fighter Archetype on DanDwiki 5e homebrew section
(Two handed defense was merged with Colossal Shield)

Regenerate: Path of the Titan Barbarian Path on DanDwiki 5e archetype homebrew section

Careful Attack/Incourable: The Vanguard, a heavily armored defensive barbarian variant on GiantITP homebrew section

(Found out after trying to post the links that I need 10 posts to post links XD)

mkirshnikov
2017-09-10, 07:52 PM
Edited the post to write a couple things more clearly.

JNAProductions
2017-09-10, 08:18 PM
You're right. It is pretty OP.

Anything specific you're looking to achieve?

mkirshnikov
2017-09-10, 11:09 PM
You're right. It is pretty OP.

Anything specific you're looking to achieve?

Well for the normal class itself, (Admittedly I don't really care for the Ravager and I didn't change the Defender,) I just wanted a class that was basically made for being the tank in the group. It has the skill to try and force enemies to attack you, you have a high AC, lots of health and skills to help you stay alive.

mkirshnikov
2017-09-30, 07:53 PM
I've rebalanced the class to something I'm much more happy with, Would like some feedback though for anything that should be changed or added, namely with the Ravager path as I don't think it's as good as the Defender.

mkirshnikov
2017-11-05, 12:26 AM
ANNOUNCMENT:I've made numerous adjustments to the class, and will not longer be updating this page. The most recent versions of this class will be in the Homebrewery page below.

Since I still can't post links yet, I'll have to do this. Go to the Homebrewery website, click the URL, put "share/" at the end, then use this code to get to the page: Syn4z1D0W

I'm still very open to any criticisms, as I've just been balancing it over time based off of my limited knowledge of the game. While I think it is now much better than it originally was, I'd still like to be certain :)