PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Gith??

Dankus Memakus
2017-09-08, 06:09 PM
I was just wondering, does anyone think gith pcs will ever be added to 5e? They were my favorite race in 4e so i really want to play one again.

Naanomi
2017-09-08, 07:19 PM
I'd guess yes, eventually... the yanki/zerai split fits the subrace model so well in this edition

Dankus Memakus
2017-09-08, 08:21 PM
I'd guess yes, eventually... the yanki/zerai split fits the subrace model so well in this edition

I know right, and I came up with an epic idea for a githyanki. Do you know any well made homebrew?

Naanomi
2017-09-08, 08:27 PM
There have been a few attempts but nothing I would call exceptional. I would pin them as a +WIS race at base, with Yanki getting... INT? And Zeri getting DEX

Dankus Memakus
2017-09-08, 08:38 PM
There have been a few attempts but nothing I would call exceptional. I would pin them as a +WIS race at base, with Yanki getting... INT? And Zeri getting DEX

I totally thought yanki would be INT too. However I switched the other two scores giving both DEX and zero WIS due to the proclivity for monks

Naanomi
2017-09-08, 08:40 PM
I totally thought yanki would be INT too. However I switched the other two scores giving both DEX and zero WIS due to the proclivity for monks
Yanki racial weapon is a Greatsword, I didn't want to make a preference for DEX instead. WIS seemed a good base because of the whole 'developed resistance to mind control' angle...

maybe Yanki could be a 'half-elf' style race that gets the base WIS, then +1 STR and INT as well?

Design goals: all Gith need something to represent racial resistance to mind control... bonuses to save, or perhaps just +WIS racially

Githyanki need to make good eldritch knights and wizard/fighter multiclass types. They need to be encouraged to use Greatswords over other weapons (historically favor heavy armor as well). 2e didn't have darkvision or any other fancy racial abilities... 3e gave them some Spell-like abilities and darkvision.

Githzerai need to be good monks, and passable rogues. All editions have given them some special 'maneuverability in limbo' abilities (racial acrobatics proficiency?), and magic resistance. 2e didn't have darkvision, 3e did and also had some racial Spell-like abilities

Dankus Memakus
2017-09-08, 08:56 PM
Yanki racial weapon is a Greatsword, I didn't want to make a preference for DEX instead. WIS seemed a good base because of the whole 'developed resistance to mind control' angle...

maybe Yanki could be a 'half-elf' style race that gets the base WIS, then +1 STR and INT as well?

True.... I shall make a new post about this.

Falcon X
2017-09-09, 01:02 AM
Triviality did an excellent homebrew pretty shortly after 5e release. I've been using it ever since. Check it out:
http://www.tribality.com/2015/03/02/richs-gameroom-the-infamous-gith-bonus-the-way-of-zerthimon/

War_lord
2017-09-09, 03:46 AM
I don't think we'll have to wait too long for official Gith stats, I can see then getting a treatment in the next VGtM style book.

Unoriginal
2017-09-09, 03:50 AM
I don't think we'll have to wait too long for official Gith stats, I can see then getting a treatment in the next VGtM style book.

Probably the next book that talks of the Planes.

kentran
2017-09-12, 01:43 AM

What makes you think like that?

qube
2017-09-12, 03:01 AM
Probably the next book that talks of the Planes.[quote]or psionics (as they are humans which have been crushed under mindflayer psionics for millenia, and have gotten psionics abilities themselves)

[QUOTE=Dankus Memakus;22366363]I know right, and I came up with an epic idea for a githyanki. Do you know any well made homebrew?I like what they did with Unearthed Arcana (https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-Eladrin-Gith.pdf), a +2 str / +1 int race with misty step (and mage hand for flavor) - seems pretty great as they are the original gish (eldritch knight in 5e)

Though, personally, I would give gish them proficiency or advantage on intelligence saving throws or something; or advantage vs dominate. From their backstory, they developped resistance to their mind flayer overlords.