PDA

View Full Version : You know you read OOTS too much when...

dogmac
2007-08-12, 04:03 PM
You start having dreams about it.

For what it is worth, strip 500 will be a very cool animated strip featuring Haley and Belkar. And ... er... Dora the Explorer. And Xena, Warrior Princess. And a few dozen more.

I woke myself up laughing. :smalleek:

Throm
2007-08-12, 04:25 PM
You can never read too much OOTS :smallwink:

Dusk_Rider
2007-08-12, 04:27 PM
...you run a psychotic halfling ranger named Belkar.

PaladinFreak
2007-08-12, 06:42 PM
...you spend at least an hour staring at each comic as it comes out. (Guilty! :smalltongue: )

RAGE KING!
2007-08-12, 07:37 PM
liking paladins too much can muddle your mind.

I wish i could dream:frown: I think not being able to dream has something to do with sleeping on the floor. (or maybe i never remember them...ever.)

maitreyi
2007-08-12, 07:53 PM
You daydream about them going to middle earth.

Setra
2007-08-12, 07:59 PM

For what it is worth, strip 500 will be a very cool animated strip featuring Haley and Belkar. And ... er... Dora the Explorer. And Xena, Warrior Princess. And a few dozen more.

<_< >_>

Is it sad I could see Lucy Lawless playing Miko? Despite the fact she's supposed to be asian?

Magioth
2007-08-12, 08:07 PM
<_< >_>

Is it sad I could see Lucy Lawless playing Miko? Despite the fact she's supposed to be asian?

now thats a woman i dream about :smallamused:

Callista
2007-08-12, 09:39 PM
I wish i could dream I think not being able to dream has something to do with sleeping on the floor. (or maybe i never remember them...ever.)You dream; everybody does. It's your brain's way of running a "defrag" program at night. :) You probably don't remember them because you sleep deeply, or else because you wake up suddenly (like with an alarm clock) and start thinking about your day right away.

You know you read OOTS too much when...
...the sight of a Paladin not dressed in blue sends you into deep confusion.
...your fighter owns a "booty talisman"
...you have created character sheets for each of the OotS, including spell lists, equipment, height, weight, and age
...you have ever spent more than six hours on a "V's Gender" thread
...the name "Miko" sends you into an immediate rant, of some type
...you've started a Fan Club for an OOTS character without a name
...you have a deep fear of crayon scribbles

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-12, 10:25 PM
...the names of the OotS become words other than nouns.

"Come on, quit the Elanning"

"Be careful with your words, you're becoming Haleyic"

*snicker*"Lookit them! They speak so Vaarsuviusly!"

SurlySeraph
2007-08-12, 10:48 PM
You call your girlfriend "Haley" by mistake.
You call your girlfriend "Celia" by mistake.
You call your girlfriend "Miko." On purpose.

Smada
2007-08-12, 11:26 PM
You call your girlfriend "Miko." On purpose.

this one is just chocked full of win

lokycat
2007-08-12, 11:45 PM
You start a OOTS Fan site. (Failed:smallfrown:)

Dream your Xykon about to kill...err, was his name:roy:.:smallamused:

Start a World of Warcraft guild called Order of the Stick.

Create a World of Warcraft Undead mage called Xykon.

Xefas
2007-08-12, 11:50 PM
...if your D&D group knows enough about the comic to laugh at your comments about it, even though they've never even visited the site before.

(i.e. you talk about it a lot, or reference it a lot in your game)

Ettlesby
2007-08-13, 01:06 AM
Since it hasn't been said yet, I'll just say the usual 'You know you read OOTS too much when you make a "You know you read OOTS too much when" thread' option.

:smallbiggrin:

Anyway, back on topic.

You know you read too much OOTS when you gain the ability to know exactly when the site has updated and you're not even online.

...It's happened to me a couple of times...

TheGrimace
2007-08-13, 02:54 AM
you know you read oots too much when short people in green start scaring the crap out of you.

Emperor Ing
2007-08-13, 06:42 AM
YYYATOOTS when "I think i had an evilgasm" replaces Omigawd in your vocabulary.

banjo1985
2007-08-13, 06:46 AM
When almost everything you do in your gaming group is backed by at least one person singing an Elan-esque song to "inspire competence"

E.g. Roll, roll, roll, roll, roll a natural 20!

Cade Shadow
2007-08-13, 07:49 AM
You have used mictifarcate, frabjulitutily, gilltooney, junurtiquity or billorky in a sentence.

(Which sadly I am guilty of, admittedly, I was trying technobabble. If we mictifarcate the positron matrix of the babylon generator.... Another time I used it in conversation)

O.T.R
2007-08-13, 07:54 AM
...you start whining about all the blue in this story arc.

Ravenatog
2007-08-13, 07:57 AM
You read Oots to much when

-You check for the new comic every 30 minutes and settle by reading old comics (while at work haha)
-Play the board game everyday
-Use there lines in everyday conversations
-Read and post in the forums
-Start a thread or reply to a thread about reading Oots to much lol
-Compare peoples personalities to those in the comic
-Also get all your friends of all walks of life to read the comic
-And many many other scary habits started because of the comics pure awesomeness that grabs a hold of you and never lets go

Alyorbase
2007-08-13, 08:41 AM
You read Oots to much when

-You check for the new comic every 30 minutes and settle by reading old comics (while at work haha)

Wow I thought I was the only person who did that at work:smallamused:

anyway...

You know you read OOTS too much when:
You're World of Warcraft gnome yells out "I am a Sexy Shoeless God of War" after a bad pull in which the group shoulda died but didn't.:belkar:

Robak
2007-08-13, 08:45 AM
...you dont believe anyone is dead unless you see the xx in their eyes.

Wolfman42666
2007-08-13, 11:24 AM
You read the archives twice in one day, haven't done it yet myself but I'm getting near wanting to.:smallamused:

When you want to talk in the third person:smallbiggrin: (there should be a laughing smilie)

slipper
2007-08-13, 03:40 PM
You start a OOTS Fan site. (Failed:smallfrown:)

Dream your Xykon about to kill...err, was his name:roy:.:smallamused:

Create a World of Warcraft Undead mage called Xykon.

I have an undead shadow priest named Xykon.....and my hunter's pet is named Xykon....

Good name :smallredface:

Amy
2007-08-13, 03:54 PM
Your cleric tries to summon a Titanium Elemental. (As a chemist, I have to agree with Redcloak--it's not OUR fault if everybody else limits themselves!)

Yeril
2007-08-13, 04:10 PM

I remember my first Oots based dream, I remember because for a week I kept thinking. "you know what would be fun, a dream about OOTS, I wonder why I havn't had one yet."

I dreamt that he updated finaly :smallannoyed:.

I made up a whole 2 comic strips in my dream.

Now I remember, I managed to sneak into the archive in such a way, I got all the Oots so far and All those in the future

The first was about miko, she was for some reason at her house and got in the shower (One panel was her taking her cloak and shoes off and the next was her silluette behind the shower curtian and that.) and she was talking to herself, but then there was a knock at the door and I think she then got abducted by a teddy bear.

Then the next strip she was in a cave with about 4 guys dressed in Bee suits and then she said "Screw this, its not like Im a paladin anymore." and killed them all.

then I remember thinking to myself..
"Haha intresting comics I cant wait to see the next update to see what miko does next... wait... Didnt miko die in the comic?? crap its a dream." and I woke up.

Yeah I know I dreamt of miko in the shower, so sue me Im a pervert :smallannoyed:

Arnen
2007-08-13, 04:21 PM

I saw someone in that guild! :smallbiggrin: Woulda' asked to join, too, but I like my current guild too much to leave it.

You know you read OotS too much when:

....you begin to act paranoid towards trees.

....you try to convince your DM to let power words take up only one page in your spellbook.

....you cower in fear whenever confronted with a doilie.

....you randomly slap on a fake beard and claim to be your own evil twin, whose name happens to be your own spelled backwards.

....you start to wonder about those weird, bumpy things in the middle of everyone's faces.

faerwain
2007-08-13, 04:23 PM
..you start introducing OOTS quotes into your daily speech pattern.

I wish I could have invented something funny for this thread, but the scary thing is that this example instead is true. I caught myself severals times, e.g. at work, when a colleague was overdoing the helping and repeatedly saying things I already knew from the beginning, thinking "Yeah, yeah, I remember the plot."

(pleae note that I'm german, I'm not even supposed to think in English at all!)

Dragon_Keeper
2007-08-13, 06:15 PM
I remember my first Oots based dream, I remember because for a week I kept thinking. "you know what would be fun, a dream about OOTS, I wonder why I havn't had one yet."

I've never had a dream about the characters, but I once had a dream where everybody was OotS-like stickfigures.