PDA

View Full Version : [PF] The Ruins of Azlant: The Lost Outpost

ReNoid
2017-09-08, 08:42 PM
After six long weeks, this morning the crew of the Peregrine sighted land to the west. A few hours later, the Peregrine sails into a natural bay with a sandy beach within rowing distance for the ship's boats. As the crew begins to untie one of the smaller boats to lower it into the water, the sailors pass a spyglass among themselves and finally hand it back to the captain. Captain Jacob Markosi peers at the island for a moment before grunting and handing the spyglass to the expedition leader Ramona Avandth. "You should see this," he says quietly.

Ramona accepts the spyglass and peers toward the shore. When she lowers the scope, she is clearly distressed but trying to hide her worry. She approaches and motions toward the far side of the deck, away from where most of the other colonists have congregated. "Can I have a word with you?" she asks.

TAG: Bjorn (Kvard51), Guillerme (CasualViking), Tsalith (HappyMerecat), Lucia (Estralita), Vash (Lionheart), Crisana (theasl)

I always like to try to picture certain characters in my head as portrayed by an actor/actress.
I see Ramona as Natalie Dormerhttps://image.brigitte.de/10841180/uncropped-413-622/64b0556663df8e4cf9b4e51c63611cff/vj/sidecut-natalie-dormer.jpg
and Captain Markosi as Ethan Hawke http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/elba-tiff15/idris-elba-ethan-hawke-ben-foster-hit-tiff-for-their-premieres-01.jpg

HappyMerecat
2017-09-09, 10:19 AM
Tsalith

Tsalith stood at the edge of the deck of the Peregrine, looking at the new alien shore. He stood resplendent in his full armour with the colourful Flyt on his shoulder.
He peered at the spot that Ramona'a attentionwas draw to by the Captian.

Tsalith's Perception [roll0]
Flyt's Perception [roll1]

CasualViking
2017-09-09, 01:12 PM
Guillerme

"No problem, boss!" Guillerme says to Ravona, and eagerly stands at attention, looking not entirely unlike an enthusiastic puppy.

theasl
2017-09-09, 01:40 PM
Crisana has just popped up from a swim by the ship when Ramona calls a group of the new colonists over, seeming worried. "What's the matter, is something wrong?"

Estralita
2017-09-09, 04:59 PM
Lucia sauntered over with a smirk dancing on her lips, the picture of careless confidence. "What goes on?"

HappyMerecat
2017-09-09, 08:09 PM
Tsalith

Tsalith walks over and joins the others.]

Lionheart
2017-09-10, 02:24 AM
Seeing the look of concern on Ramona's face, Vash stops her default annoying whistling, and sidles over to join the others. She is still smirking as she addresses the sailor.
"Have as many words as you need, I've got plenty to spare."

Kvard51
2017-09-11, 04:11 PM
Six weeks at sea. Bjorn wasn't sure how he felt about that. It had been miserable, for the first few days, anyway. Everyone was sicking up and cursing. But after the initial bouts of sea-sickness, the rhythyms of the ship had settled into an easy ebb and flow. During that time, he'd developed a few relationships. You might even call them friends, although he tended towards being slow to trust. But they seemed goodly folk. Their plan was to go ashore together and see where fortune led them. Or that was his plan and he thought they were in agreement. Bjorn decided he had rather enjoyed the six weeks, all in all.

His revery was broken by Ramona's approach, his friends in tow. Her question, particularly the serious tone with which it was asked, caused a small turnover in his stomach. Questions like this always means something serious.

"Your request is my heart's desire, expedition leader." He says, smiling. But the smile is only to hide the hint of unease he was suddenly feeling...

ReNoid
2017-09-11, 08:33 PM
"We have a problem," Ramona says as she ushers the six of you away from a group of colonists peering over the railing of the ship. She doesn't let the worried look on her face remain as they approach,
giving them a kind greeting as you walk.

"Something is... wrong. Nobody's in sight. There's no smoke from cook fires or the smithy. Some of the buildings look burnt out." She passes a spyglass around for those interested in looking.

You can see, with the aid of the spyglass, that what Ramona is saying is 100% true.

Ramona keeps her voice low while trying not to be too conspicuous. "Sailors can't keep their mouths shut. Soon, all the other colonists are going to hear about this --- if they can't see for themselves already ---" She gives a slight glance over her shoulder at the shore far from them. "--- and things could become... tense. I need the six of you to go ashore and investigate. For the good of the colony..."

TAG: Bjorn (Kvard51), Guillerme (CasualViking), Tsalith (HappyMerecat), Lucia (Estralita), Vash (Lionheart), Crisana (theasl)

HappyMerecat
2017-09-11, 09:36 PM
Tsalith

Tsalith nods seriously. His mind immediately moves to Arla. if the colony is in trouble, then so is she. "Of course I will go."
He then looks to the thrush on his should, but before he can speak the bird takes to wing and begins to fly toward the shore to scan the settlement from a closer point. He does not get too close but scans for any clues.

Flyt's Perception [roll0]

Estralita
2017-09-11, 10:22 PM
Lucia nodded and gave a half-mocking, half-serious salute. "As you wish, my lady.
" But as she glances towards the settlement, she grasps her sword, and her mouth tightens

theasl
2017-09-11, 11:29 PM
"Right away, we'll let you know if we find anything", Crisana replies as she prepares to head back into the water. The colony missing? The trip over had been quite boring, for her at least, but it seems like that's about to be balanced out soon enough.

CasualViking
2017-09-12, 03:05 AM
"As it is written, hard work is for all, but the glory of the Colonist is earned through danger and troubles. Blessed is he who in the time of need lends a stout hand." Guillerme dashes off to gather his equipment. A few worried colonists try to question him, but he softly brushes them off with platitudes about not expecting an easy life.

Lionheart
2017-09-12, 09:06 AM
Vash tries her hardest not to smile at the news. Obviously she didn't want anything bad to have happened to the colonists, but this sounded like a story, and one that she could at last be the centre of.

"'Courage' he said, and pointed toward the land."She whispered to herself as she moved towards the side of the ship. In a louder voice, she addresses her other companions,"Do we fancy a swim? Or shall we take a boat?"

Kvard51
2017-09-12, 03:41 PM
Missing? How does a colony go missing? "Is it possible the navigator brought us to the wrong location? A missing colony doesn't make much sense. Nevertheless, I'll be glad to take a look,
if only to stretch these legs a bit. I'll get my things.

HappyMerecat
2017-09-12, 07:03 PM
Tsalith

Tsalith looks a bit annoyed the gnomes suggestion and looks at his heavy armor. "Lets take the boat, I don't think we all want to be soaked and it is likely faster."

ReNoid
2017-09-13, 07:06 AM
Flyt is faster than most of the party members, and his result shows no visible tracks in the sand leading to the colony from the dock. All he can perceive from the buildings he flies over is utter silence.

"I am going to ask Captain Markosi to sail north along the island's coast to the secondary landing site. Originally, it was supposed to be used as an alternative spot to found a colony. Though after the founding of Talmandor's Bounty, it was to be used as an emergency extraction point should anything happen to assail the first wave of colonists." Ramona explains. "You know: natives, local fauna... local flora..."

She looks over her shoulder and barks at a couple of sailors. "Prepare a longboat to go ashore." Her index and middle fingers point together towards the visible dock far from where the Peregrine is anchored. The sailors nod and quickly rush to the side of the ship as they start to prepare one of the boats, large enough to carry at least eight people comfortably, though two would have to row.

Lionheart
2017-09-13, 08:35 AM
Vash smirks as Ramona calls for a longboat, and nods at Tsalith. "Boat it is then, you don't mind rowing do you?" she gestures to her skinny arms, "I'm not really built for it."

She then turns to Ramona, the mention of local flora and fauna have piqued her naturalist tendencies. "I don't suppose you have any information about what sorts of things live around here? Out of academic curiosity..."

theasl
2017-09-13, 04:19 PM
Ignoring the others' comments and complaints, Crisana slips back into the water near where the longboat will be launched from the ship. She knows that strange things lurk in the deep around the lost continent - perhaps it would be wise to keep an eye out underwater while the others keep watch above.

HappyMerecat
2017-09-13, 05:42 PM
Tsalith

Tsalith boards the longboat as it is readied and takes up position at an oar.

CasualViking
2017-09-14, 02:58 AM
Guillerme

Guillerme swings into the longboat and grabs an oar. He looks around, and says, softly: "We may me heading into danger. Will you join me in a brief prayer to Erastil while we row?".

Kvard51
2017-09-14, 07:48 AM
"Prayer seems like a good start. I will man the tiller, if no one objects?"

Bjorne strides quickly to the stern of the small vessel, and bows his head.

theasl
2017-09-16, 03:05 AM
Once the others are in the boat, rowing towards shore, Crisana dives down to swim under, watching for any signs of strange underwater activity.

perception [roll0] (ouch)

ReNoid
2017-09-18, 06:39 PM
Sorry for the absence all. I'll be moving the story along, and hopefully we hear from the other players.
If need be, they will be on "autopilot" until we get into anything serious.

Will be editing this shortly.

Estralita
2017-09-18, 06:48 PM
Lucia, having hopped into the boat, craned as far as she could without tipping the boat or falling out. From so far away, everything ashore looked so peaceful, and yet...