PDA

View Full Version : Cleric (Nature) Background Story Help

Exaltes
2017-09-08, 09:39 PM
Not 100% this is where I should ask for help on this, if not please redirect me.

Anyway, was looking for some advice/help on a backstory for my new character in an upcoming campaign. Base story that I have is that, myself and two other PCs will be playing brothers and the story behind that is strictly ripped from Supernatural. Our father went on a hunting trip and hasn't come back so we are later reunited in an effort to find him. The family is composed of all clerics who follow the God Weejas, but my character will be slightly different as I branch away from them and follow Obad-Hai seperately, God of Nature.

was just looking to see if anyone had any interesting thoughts on background stories you know of or ideas I could implement, that avoids the extremely generic ones we all hear all the time.

Thanks in advance!

poolio
2017-09-08, 10:05 PM
I had a nature cleric once, he was a worshipper of Fenrir (a 4e wolf god) he was a hill dwarf, not happy with life in the mountains, he found comfort in the forests, amongst the woodland creatures, eventually finding a role in keeping peace between the farming communities near the woods, and the animals within, specifically the wolves, the farmers would agree to not harm wolves and leave the woods alone (not engaging in excessive deforestation to grow their farms size) and in exchange he would come to bless the crops for harvest time.

I could go into why he went onto adventuring, but not without giving away some plot spoilers to the game i used him in, but differences between family could be a reason he would choose to live a life among nature.

Exaltes
2017-09-08, 10:12 PM
I had a nature cleric once, he was a worshipper of Fenrir (a 4e wolf god) he was a hill dwarf, not happy with life in the mountains, he found comfort in the forests, amongst the woodland creatures, eventually finding a role in keeping peace between the farming communities near the woods, and the animals within, specifically the wolves, the farmers would agree to not harm wolves and leave the woods alone (not engaging in excessive deforestation to grow their farms size) and in exchange he would come to bless the crops for harvest time.

I could go into why he went onto adventuring, but not without giving away some plot spoilers to the game i used him in, but differences between family could be a reason he would choose to live a life among nature.

Ahh I forgot about being able to bless the crops I'm sure I could work something in like that, thanks!

poolio
2017-09-09, 01:05 PM
No problem amigo, glad to help

Herobizkit
2017-09-12, 05:30 AM
Well, play it straight.

If your brother(s?) are going to be PC's and still worship Wee Jas, perhaps you decided to become a Hunter in order to search for your missing father. To do that, you had to go out in the woods and, well, become a D&D redneck. ^_^ Maybe you have the Hermit or Outlander background.

I mean, Dean's the one who 'stayed at home' and 'continued the family tradition' while Sam left to pursue scholarly pursuits, so the trope is kinda inverted. But it still works.