PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a dumb question.

Someguy231
2017-09-09, 07:01 PM
In terms of going Epic Levels, and most of my levels prior are in Warblade, but may go into Cleric, what is the best level needed to have enough power to destroy planets?

Inevitability
2017-09-10, 01:17 AM
It's going to depend on:

1. How your DM rules planets work. If they're a single solid object, a level 5 cleric or level 11 crusader could do it. If they're not, it's less easy.

2. How much optimization your DM allows before they throw a book at you and storm out. I've seen many inexperienced DMs say 'make the characters as strong as possible' without realizing what they're asking for: is that the case here?

Goaty14
2017-09-10, 09:15 AM
It's going to depend on:

1. How your DM rules planets work. If they're a single solid object, a level 5 cleric or level 11 crusader could do it. If they're not, it's less easy.

2. How much optimization your DM allows before they throw a book at you and storm out. I've seen many inexperienced DMs say 'make the characters as strong as possible' without realizing what they're asking for: is that the case here?

dangit, he beat me to the d2 crusader.

If you cheese the hulking hurler hard enough to start throwing neutron stars, you're technically throwing the earth at somebody.

As he said, it really depends on if the DM determines if the world is a solid object or not. If it is, then you just need to obtain a large enough blast of damage to destroy it. The next-practical method would be to enlarge a sphere of annihilation or something.

KillianHawkeye
2017-09-10, 10:20 AM
Planets don't have stats. You can't kill them.

Planets are not a single, solid object. Even buildings and vehicles and wall spells get divided up into 10-foot sections. There's no way that the ground doesn't work the same way.

This is Dungeons & Dragons, not Dragon Ball Z. :smallsigh::smallsigh: