PDA

View Full Version : Shiftweave Question 3.5e

Khalikryst
2017-09-09, 11:11 PM
So... I have a player trying to tell me that using a Shiftweave Suit, that is going to allow him to use it as Darkweave, Glamerweave, and a few others, as full suits allowing for a +5 or so bonus for counting as separate pieces of clothing at once... Can someone explain to me if this is possible, and if so why doesn't everyone take 500gp to get +5 in 5 different skills on the fly.

Seerow
2017-09-09, 11:19 PM
So... I have a player trying to tell me that using a Shiftweave Suit, that is going to allow him to use it as Darkweave, Glamerweave, and a few others, as full suits allowing for a +5 or so bonus for counting as separate pieces of clothing at once... Can someone explain to me if this is possible, and if so why doesn't everyone take 500gp to get +5 in 5 different skills on the fly.

Yeah... no. It lets you switch between 5 normal sets of clothing.

As a DM I would allow a player to add magical enchantments to the clothing, but he'd have to pay for each one of those enchantments. So for 5 +5 skill items he's looking at 12,500gp, then the extra 500gp for the shiftweave to allow switching between them. 13k seems a pretty reasonable number for that. (A stricter DM is easily within rights disallowing it or charging the 50% markup for shared slots, which would bump that cost to 19,250. But at that cost you may as well just drop the Shiftweave, save 500gp and have all 5 bonuses active at all times).

Khalikryst
2017-09-10, 01:37 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the quick response, i'll be sure to pass it along that Shiftweave can mimic normal clothing and 'common' threads, or even finer threads but those with magical properties are off limits.

Nifft
2017-09-10, 02:05 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the quick response, i'll be sure to pass it along that Shiftweave can mimic normal clothing and 'common' threads, or even finer threads but those with magical properties are off limits.

Or just make him pay for the extra effects.

Extra benefits => extra costs.

Same as any item.