PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Build Help Eldritch Archer/Siege Gunner/(possibly Spellslinger)

Dalabrac_S
2017-09-10, 06:00 PM
Hi I was wondering if I could get some advice on a build I am working on...first thing I will say is yes I am taking more levels in gunslinger then I bet some would say I should but my logic is I am making this build to kinda work with the weapon enhancing via Magus Arcana

my current scores at level 7 where I am Siege Gunner 1/Eldritch Archer 6
Race:Elf
Str:10
Dex:16
Con:12
Int:22 (thanks to Headband of Vast int +4)
Wis:10
Cha:14

My plan is to go something like Siege Gunner 7/Elritch Archer 13
Guns I have are 2 pepperbox pistols
I was thinking of doing a spellslinger dip but I didn't know if I should because of the opposed school stuff,cause my GM says it will count to my magus spells as well as the 1 lvl on wizard stuff....

any advice would be great thanks

Geddy2112
2017-09-10, 07:57 PM
If you are going to have opposition schools count against your magus spells, then hard pass on the spellslinger. Your ranged spellstrike is fine enough as is to shoot spells through your gun.

Gunslinger is good for 5 ranks to get dex to damage but then bail. There is nothing at level 7 gunslinger your build needs, and other than INT for grit siege gunner is useless. Depending on how you plan on using deeds, you could almost go vanilla gunslinger for the slightly better bonuses, as none of the deeds are that critical for your build. Having a single grit is enough for things like gunslinger initiative, and you might occassionally need quick clear or deadeye, but that's about it. Siege gunner gives you zero useful deeds, and takes away dead eye and gunslinger initiative. Magus does the heavy lifting and gunslinger just provides the guns.

You can dump charisma as well-make it 10, or lower if you can. It does nothing for your class or build.