PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Suggestions for debuffer Sorcerer (Favored Soul)

Marcloure
2017-09-10, 11:23 PM
Hey.
I'm playing as a generalist debuffer (has lot of debuffs, but not only) Sorcerer Favored Soul, and I just hit level 3. Now, I'm not sure what spells to take. I'm thinking in either Hold Person or Maximilian's Earthen Grasp, but I'm not sure if I prefer to paralyze with Wisdom Save each turn, or to restrain, but dealing damage and able to "regrapple" or change target. Hold Person also lets me Twin cast it, so I can potentially paralyze two foes. For my other 2nd level spell, I'm thinking in take Spiritual Weapon. I really like this spell, longsword-like attack as bonus action and concentration free. Or maybe should I take Web for AOE control? Any suggestions here?

For metamagics, I think twinned is a must for a debuffer, but the other one... careful doesn't seem too good for a lot of AOE debuffs (it doesn't protect from debuffs overtime), heightened is expensive now, but I might take it for middle levels (lvl 7+), and subtle is good for out of combat casting, or to prevent counterspell. Suggestions for this?
Thanks.

solidork
2017-09-11, 09:25 AM
My War Cleric likes Blindness/Deafness since it doesn't require concentration. Spiritual Weapon is a great way to contribute to a fight without expending a lot of resources.

Earthen Grasp is intriguing, but it seems pretty difficult to grapple subsequent targets once the first one escapes since it takes separate actions to move and then grapple. Web seems awesome and frequently comes highly recommended, but I've personally never seen it in action.