PDA

View Full Version : Vampires Vs Werewolves

keeganknorr
2007-08-12, 07:22 PM
Hey everyone, I don't know how many of you guys play this already but its a pretty fun online RPG. you can pick which ever side, i'm trying to get some more people to start off with me so it'll be more fun. Anyway, if you'd like to join the were-wolves, http://world6.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=114267733

Send a message if you join, happy hunting!

Setra
2007-08-12, 07:55 PM
Don't most games with links like that say not to put them in a forum like this...?

Also, Werewolves beat Vampires easy.

Logic
2007-08-12, 10:09 PM
Don't most games with links like that say not to put them in a forum like this...?

Also, Werewolves beat Vampires easy.

QFT. All of it.

keeganknorr
2007-08-13, 03:32 AM
they say not to spam, i thought it was pretty clear what the link was and there was an option to click it, not a trick. I genuinely am just looking for people to play, if you feel cheated i'll remove it

Inyssius Tor
2007-08-13, 04:42 AM
We don't feel cheated or anything. There's just... whenever someone posts on a forum a single time for the sole purpose of recruiting, and then disappears without a trace, there's a faint feeling that the forum is being exploited.

Just thought I should try to explain it; four or five posts on a different topic ought to clear things up nicely.

EDIT: Hey, I forgot why I clicked on this topic: yeah, werewolves beat vampires, though I personally prefer werebears, weretigers, or canomorphs.

keeganknorr
2007-08-13, 05:22 AM
Heck yeah were-bears rokk. I played one from lvl 1-11 using savage progressions, and even though i hate powergaming, it was wayyyy to strong, i took all the wrong feats but it was still too outragous I eventually switched to a hexblade. They should Redo how DR works possibly to fix this...

Daze
2007-08-13, 05:02 PM
Bah... Werewolves are just vampire pets ;)

Closet_Skeleton
2007-08-13, 05:06 PM
Werewolves vs vampires?

Often I struggle to find the differance.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-13, 05:18 PM
^ Easy. Vampires are the ones whining about sunlight and the jillion other ways to kill them, and how depressed they are, and how much they hate being immortal.

Werewolves are the ones who rip people's faces off just because they're bored.

Werewolves have a considerably higher percentage of Win embedded in their bodies than vampires do.

Logic
2007-08-13, 11:53 PM
Werewolves vs vampires?

Often I struggle to find the difference.

How?

Vampires, even the "best" of them are clinging to their lost humanity or whining about the sunlight. There is a reason that Emo kids emulate vampires.

Werewolves are hunters, if nothing else.

averagejoe
2007-08-14, 12:09 AM
I'm just wondering why they are suddenly worst enemies with each other.

But, yeah, werewolves. They're not undead.

Vonriel
2007-08-14, 12:11 AM
The movies floating around that portray them as such, I imagine.

Some vampires are better than others, though, but I really do gotta hand it to the werefolk here.

Demented
2007-08-14, 12:15 AM
^ Easy. Vampires are the ones whining about sunlight and the jillion other ways to kill them, and how depressed they are, and how much they hate being immortal.

Werewolves are the ones who rip people's faces off just because they're bored.

Werewolves have a considerably higher percentage of Win embedded in their bodies than vampires do.

Werewolves are the ones who whine about being conflicted in everything they do (straight right down the middle, in fact), maintain their innocence of any kickassery, and have an unhealthy obsession with howling with the moon for no particular reason.

Oh, and they have no table manners.

Hannes
2007-08-14, 12:21 AM
Only new-age vampires are whiny and clingy. Look at Dracula, the original. Did he whine about sunlight? No! He just slept because he had nothing to do. Dracula in London! He was chilling around in sunlight!

averagejoe
2007-08-14, 12:30 AM
Only new-age vampires are whiny and clingy. Look at Dracula, the original. Did he whine about sunlight? No! He just slept because he had nothing to do. Dracula in London! He was chilling around in sunlight!

Yeah, but he's a filthy undead. :smallmad: The only good undead is a dead undead!

Setra
2007-08-14, 12:33 AM
The original was more of an "I'm a lover not a fighter" type.

If you ask me.

Demented
2007-08-14, 12:56 AM
Well, he certainly was neither whiny or clingy.
Depending on your definition of clingy.

WitchSlayer
2007-08-14, 01:28 AM
Humans are the best.

TheBoneSplitter
2007-08-14, 02:43 AM
Oh, and they have no table manners.

They're animals. :smallyuk:

I say werewolves win easy, because they're huge, beefy and usually have these wicked talons that can mutilate any human's chest apart without resistance.

tannish2
2007-08-14, 02:49 AM
this may as well be humans V owls, it depends on the specifics, though overall with all the whiny vampire fantasy worlds out there bringing down the average i would have to say werewolves... there is nowhere where they arent cool.

Saint George
2007-08-14, 11:26 AM
I am gonna have to disagree with the majority here.

I say vampires win.

Allow me to explain. Vampires have a higher potential of badassness than Werewolves. While Werewolves are quite powerful and get stronger with age, they tend to have a sort of power cap. Vampires on the other hand just keep getting stronger and stronger as time passes. So it all really depends on age.

New Werewolf vs New Vampire = Emo punk vampire goes down.

Elder Werewolf vs Elder Vampire = The vampire gets a new puppy.

Setra
2007-08-14, 11:40 AM
I am gonna have to disagree with the majority here.

I say vampires win.

Allow me to explain. Vampires have a higher potential of badassness than Werewolves. While Werewolves are quite powerful and get stronger with age, they tend to have a sort of power cap. Vampires on the other hand just keep getting stronger and stronger as time passes. So it all really depends on age.

The difference is, there are very few Elder vampires compared to New Vampires.

It's like 1% of the vampire Population. And presuming the overall population of each is the same, I'd say the Werewolves have an overall higher power.

Tormsskull
2007-08-14, 11:42 AM

I agree with this.

But both are cool.

Indon
2007-08-14, 12:55 PM
"I don't drink... wine."

Hawriel
2007-08-14, 12:59 PM
eh warwolf. I dont car how old the vampier is. played one in white wolf well it was a wartiger. I faced off against 4 leeches put down 2 messed 1 and befor I got to the 4th the fight was interupted. The GM told me that to of the vamps I trashed where characters of theirs with xp well above mine.
yeah I wasnt playing a warWOLF but hay the tyger gets gimped in the game. even though a tyger is 3 times the size of a wolf the bite damage is way less in the game.

ed spelling

Malic
2007-08-17, 09:33 AM
Werewolves own new vampire's. The older Vamps would be a challenge and go out swinging but in the end the werewolves would win. Unless there was a Werewampire. That would kill just about everthing because the only way to kill it would be to stab it with a wooden stake and make it think it's a silver bullet while reciting the National Anthem to every country in the world backwards. Tell me you can do that and I will call you a liar. :smalltongue:

2007-08-17, 01:45 PM
Sure, an elder vampire beats an elder werewolf...

But wolves are pack animals. :smallwink:

Maryring
2007-08-17, 02:20 PM
Eh, that game isn't very good. Just a lot of numbers to me. It's just a pity it's the only werewolf game out there, really.

Anyway, I know what beats both Vampire and werewolf... Sunshine. :smallbiggrin: Or a yoyo with a mirrored cross in the center with spikes of silver sticking out. :smallbiggrin:

Anyway, if I had to choose one. I'd choose the werewolf. At least they are alive.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-08-17, 05:40 PM
How?

Vampires, even the "best" of them are clinging to their lost humanity or whining about the sunlight. There is a reason that Emo kids emulate vampires.

Werewolves are hunters, if nothing else.

You watch too many movies.

The original was more of an "I'm a lover not a fighter" type.

If you ask me.

More of "I'm a serial rapist hypnotist not a fighter" really. Fighting is for warm blooded humans and anyway, a fight would crumple his suit.

Green Bean
2007-08-17, 06:01 PM
For me, it depends on the vampires. If it's the namby pamby modern vampire, with their leather coats and styled hair and angst about living forever and having undead superpowers, then even a small number of werewolves would rip them to shreds.

However, if the vampires are of the, shall we say, 'old school', the ones who don't ask politely for blood, the ones who rip your heart out and eat it, the ones who make doubly sure that it's everyone else doing the angsting around here thank you very much, then obviously it would be much closer.

Still, I have to call it for someone, and that someone is the watermelon vampires. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_watermelon) Your move, werewolves.

Auren
2007-08-17, 06:30 PM
Hey! Lunch time!

kialos
2007-08-17, 06:57 PM
The only thing involving Vampires or Werewolves that I give the time of day to is World of Darkness. Everything else seems fluffly and cheezy to me. :/

Kojiro Kakita
2007-08-17, 11:35 PM
I say it depends on what Vampire lore we are bringing up. If its White Wolf's then I will have to say Werewolves win. But in order areas, I would say that Vampires would be the winners. For this idea, I would like to cite the latest chapter of the Hellsing Manga and Vampire Hunter D. In each story, the Vampire defeats the wolf.

Setra
2007-08-17, 11:46 PM
I say it depends on what Vampire lore we are bringing up. If its White Wolf's then I will have to say Werewolves win. But in order areas, I would say that Vampires would be the winners. For this idea, I would like to cite the latest chapter of the Hellsing Manga and Vampire Hunter D. In each story, the Vampire defeats the wolf.
That's a bit of an unfair reference.

Both manga are about Vampires. It's biased.

zeratul
2007-08-18, 01:52 AM
Werewolves own new vampire's. The older Vamps would be a challenge and go out swinging but in the end the werewolves would win. Unless there was a Werewampire. That would kill just about everthing because the only way to kill it would be to stab it with a wooden stake and make it think it's a silver bullet while reciting the National Anthem to every country in the world backwards. Tell me you can do that and I will call you a liar. :smalltongue:

I spot a hole in your logic. In the form of the wolf, they are savage, they just attack stuff. How exactly would they get up the brains to find a stake, and stab vampy in the heart with it? Especially while vampy's snapping at his neck?

Logic
2007-08-18, 02:48 AM
A vampire still can't do much as a puddle of blood.

Roupe
2007-08-18, 03:37 AM
first of all there is the hometeam advantage... gamemaster usually favor the players survival for story reasons, killer GM can differ..obviusly.

in Old World of Darkness.
there are somewhat lacking rules between the vampire rulebook & the werewolf rulebook. But without going into the finer details. and not using the various powers depending on how high ranked the combatants are.

Problems for werewolfs

the kiss
Many seem to neglect that the vampires kiss is extremely pleasurable for the victim & often paralyses the living. vampires like to bite...
One can argue that this only affects vampires & Mortals (as in regular humans) and not mortals (as in the living), so animals could thus be bothersome victims. If the GM only uses the vampire rulebook, werewolfs & mages have stats and rules as if they where vampires (thus affected by the kiss),

the vampire isnt one of the living
aside from attacks against its heart or neck/head, the vampire can take damages & beatings unlike the common living foes " punctured lungs, livers and broken neck -just a flesh wound"
teleporting into the vampires resting place may put the werewolf in a room without breathable air..

the vampiric blood is cursed & tainted
slightest bit of vampire blood drunk "wyrm taints" werewolf, werewolf licking their claws (to activate gift) or using their bite attacks would be in jepordy for this Most werewolfs will also vomit when they get in contact with vampire blood in their mouths. It would be quite the challenge for a werewolf to continue to fight with (or witout) glory while wometing...

Backlashes to human society from the loss of a influencial vampire.
Vampires, have had good time to get influence in mortal society , manipulating/directing/finansing politicians, corperations & places of influece. The elder vampires can have larger than 5 dots in influence, larger than 5 dots in skills making a considerable powervacum and chaos when they are not there to maintain their "order" of things.

Problems for vampires

reflex to drink will cause frenzy
In a battle against a werewolf the vampire bit attack is one of the vampires best attacks, its aggraved according to vampire rules. Vampires tend to drink if they bite...

Unfourtunatly vampires go frenzy when they drink werewolf blood -until all werewolf blood inside the vampire is spent, unfourtunatly again the frenzing vampire will spend all other blood it can before it starts to spend the werewolf blood & the beastwill probably try to stay in charge as long as possible & hunt more victims to drink. A vampire without blood in its system goes to torpor

when the dust settles,
if both or either survied (likely escaping damaged)

Werewolf
disgraced, likely wyrm tainted , that may not be welcome back home to their caern.
"sorry, We are greatful for your sacrifice, but your sacrifice has its consequnces.. we will sing songs of your battle & tragic fate."
caerns need to be protected against corruptions, and wyrmtainted are often attacked. if it is lucky it can get a quest to redem to remove its taint & dishonor. Or it can be ridiculed.

Vampire
Likely in torpor or baked in sun (for being in torpor outside when the sun arises)
loss in its conflict against its beast (loss of road)
in frenzy can have caused enough mayhem to be wanted for punishment