PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Starting CoS - Can I have your opinion

BladedWizard
2017-09-11, 11:50 AM
Hi all,

We are starting CoS soon and I have to decide on my class. I always wait until everyone have decided on their classes and then I choose a good fit. This time around we'll have a Life Cleric who wants to be hard to take down, a Paladin (not yet decided which sub-class) which will certainly tank, a Blood Hunter (M. Mercer's class) for melee dmg, a Rogue (friend is leaning towards thief) for skills, utilities with items and probably range dmg, and myself (any caster).

So I'm thinking about the following, which one do you think would be better for our group composition? We don't have much range dmg dealer except for the thief possibly and that's why I'm favoring the Sorcerer right now. However, I always like to get people feedback.

Protector Aasimar (VGtM) Favored Soul - We have a paly and a life cleric so healing is covered. However, I could still play it support/control or blasty with fire and radiant dmg. And having more healing doesn't hurt.

Human Fire Dragon Sorcerer - Again, blasty & support/control. Better AC too!

Halfling Lore Bard with the Lucky feat - The lucky guy that help his team mate with his Bardic Inspiration. Mainly support/control and with some healing capabilities.

Necromancer (not sure which race) - I assume their will be lots of undead in CoS. Being able to create and control them could be fun.

EDIT: GreenHearth Sorcerer (not sure on race). DM allows this subclass (part of Sorcerer Revisited (https://www.reddit.com/r/UnearthedArcana/comments/5wwr1e/sterling_vermin_the_sorcerer_class_revisited/)) as well for sorcerer which allows for druid spell picking. I'm sure druid as some really good spells too.

Maxilian
2017-09-11, 11:59 AM
You are going to be the main caster, as the Cleric will most likely use most of its spell slot to heal.

-I think Favores Soul give you acess to the Cleric spell list (opening many options for Sorcerer -they normally don't have many options for spells, almost all their spells is... DESTROY AND BURN!)

-Necromancer is nice but have in mind that some of your more thematic spells (that are not rising creatures), do necrotic damage and it won't be that useful against creatures who have resistance or inmunity

-Bard is always nice... the question is... do you like the theme?

-Fire sorcerer.... don't have that many spell options as other casters...

NecroDancer
2017-09-11, 12:19 PM
Try to stay as a good aligned character, evil characters have far less options via magic items.

Turn Undead is a useful ability but all in all classes work great. Just avoid using necrotic damage to often.

The campaign goes to level 10 max so keep that in mind.