PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Sorcerer for Skulls & Shackles HELP

MindTheGap97
2017-09-11, 01:47 PM
So, I am trying to make a character for a new S&S game that we'll be running next week, I was thinking about blasting as I really still haven't tried one out. So, reading the basics of blasting I've gathered that Crossblooded (Draconic/Orc) provides a strong package from the get-go. The DM said he is ok with stacking it with Tatooed and that seems a really flavorful option, pirates and all.

This is my point-buy(15):

Half-Orc Sorcerer:
Str-7
Dex-14
Con-12
Int-10
Wis-12
Cha-18(16+2)

Now I have a couple of questions:
Considering that I'm going to focus on fire what is the best blast to use later on?
Also, is blasting efficient (or at least fun) in this campaign?
And any tip you can give me about the campaign in general? I've read the player's guide and it seemed really well done, is there anything else that I should know?

Thanks in advance.

MindTheGap97

Geddy2112
2017-09-11, 02:13 PM
Looks like a pretty solid build.

For blasts, fireball works fairly well,and you can intensify it up to level 15. Intensify is a good metamagic feat for all of your blasts, as each dice added is a solid +2 to damage. Geyser is also a pretty strong choice. Meteor swarm is in your bloodline but I don't think the AP will hit that high of a level.

Gnaeus
2017-09-11, 02:15 PM
My strength 7 Vizier had a lot of problems with early challenges involving basic pirate skills, like swim and climb. I think it mentioned that in the players guide somewhere. At least my DM warned me. Profession sailor also important.

MindTheGap97
2017-09-11, 03:26 PM
My strength 7 Vizier had a lot of problems with early challenges involving basic pirate skills, like swim and climb. I think it mentioned that in the players guide somewhere. At least my DM warned me. Profession sailor also important.

I'm picking Monkey Fish as my first level spell and fighting with a crossbow for the first few levels, so I have that option when having to deal with Climb/Swim

Gnaeus
2017-09-11, 04:05 PM
I'm picking Monkey Fish as my first level spell and fighting with a crossbow for the first few levels, so I have that option when having to deal with Climb/Swim

I foresee some problem encounters if your DM runs certain scenes like mine did. But spoilers.

Topaz
2017-09-12, 12:25 AM
I don't want to be a spoiler, but I feel compelled to note that by RAW fire is the least effective form of elemental damage in an aquatic environment (though it is hard to imagine acid being much better).

Then again, I played through Skull & Shackles as a Gunslinger just for the challenge of it, so I'm not one to talk.

MindTheGap97
2017-09-13, 05:21 PM
I don't want to be a spoiler, but I feel compelled to note that by RAW fire is the least effective form of elemental damage in an aquatic environment (though it is hard to imagine acid being much better).

Then again, I played through Skull & Shackles as a Gunslinger just for the challenge of it, so I'm not one to talk.

Well, I can always pick up a couple of non-fire spells for underwater battles and stuff like that, i think that a metamagic rod of elemental spell could also solve the problem (i hope)