PDA

View Full Version : Player Help AL play and Death Domain Cleric

ZorroGames
2017-09-11, 05:24 PM
Looking to play in Tomb of Annihilation in pleasant Chult.

Not as an Evil character but a neutral one.

No plans to betray or harvest the party. Trying to rebalance life/death/resurrection to where it was before the curse started.

Since it is AL play, "Ask the DM" may not be enough (DMs vary week to week.)

Anyone know if it is verboten or acceptable per AL?

Millstone85
2017-09-11, 05:39 PM
Well, actually...
Additionally, options presented in other resources, such as the Death Domain found in the Dungeon Master's Guide, or content from the various Unearthed Arcana articles, are not allowed for play unless you possess specific campaign documentation that indicates otherwise.

EternalPrime
2017-09-11, 05:41 PM
The Death domain from the DMG is specifically forbidden in "official" AL play. However, this season, access to that domain is being offered as a DM award. If you also DM, check out the DMs background, FAQ, and rewards package on DMsGuild (It's FREE.)

Lolzyking
2017-09-11, 06:39 PM
New development : if you dm 100 total hours of season 7 or ccc modules you can play a death domain cleric of any deity of the domain in the phb or scag

Already at 18 hours

Naanomi
2017-09-11, 06:41 PM
There were certs for it for some of the early cons as well

bluthunda
2017-09-11, 11:15 PM
There were certs for it for some of the early cons as well
What are Certs I see this all the time when looking at item trades as well.

Naanomi
2017-09-11, 11:39 PM
What are Certs I see this all the time when looking at item trades as well.
Certs are 'certificates' that allow you to do something you couldn't ordinarily do in AL... forbidden class or race, unique magic item, etc. Almost exclusively handed out at conventions

8wGremlin
2017-09-12, 12:37 AM
Certs are 'certificates' that allow you to do something you couldn't ordinarily do in AL... forbidden class or race, unique magic item, etc. Almost exclusively handed out at conventions

Is there a list of these Certs anywhere?

Rogerdodger557
2017-09-12, 06:14 AM
New development : if you dm 100 total hours of season 7 or ccc modules you can play a death domain cleric of any deity of the domain in the phb or scag

Already at 18 hours

Its just 100 hours of DMing. You aren't restricted to CCC modules or season 7 stuff.

upon reviewing the DM Quests, I see that you are correct. Forgive my error.

Naanomi
2017-09-12, 07:45 AM
Is there a list of these Certs anywhere?
Not that I am aware of, they are made in small numbers and are unique to each con more or less. I know there are certs for both DMG subclasses from right after 5e release, as well as a 'DMG aasimar' from the same time... and I've seen an aaracokra one as well. They are meant to be highly individualized, not something you 'seek out' on the secondary market

8wGremlin
2017-09-12, 06:43 PM
Not that I am aware of, they are made in small numbers and are unique to each con more or less. I know there are certs for both DMG subclasses from right after 5e release, as well as a 'DMG aasimar' from the same time... and I've seen an aaracokra one as well. They are meant to be highly individualized, not something you 'seek out' on the secondary market

Pity, we don't have any D&D Cons, or at least so few as to be non existent in the country that I come from.
Wizards have a very strange view of the modern world, they don't seem to think that other countries, the internet, and digital media really exist.

jaappleton
2017-09-12, 06:48 PM
I know that blogger and frequent WOTC collaborator Alphastream has a Death Cleric cert. He plays Grom Two-Eyes, Half-Orc Death Cleric.