PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your D&D on?

90sMusic
2017-09-11, 10:14 PM
Wish I could make a poll but I don't think you can do that here...

Just curious where the random forum goers around here play their D&D.

You play at a physical table with folks from your local area or do you play online, and if you play online which site/service/whatever do you use?

This is just more of my idle curiosity.

Zman
2017-09-11, 10:27 PM
Atmy kitchen table butted up against my our peninsula for more spece with four solid friends/players. Usually with my fiance either shopping or locked away in the bedroom. Occasionally I'll play or run a PBP.

Mortis_Elrod
2017-09-11, 10:29 PM
Mostly at a friend's house, and i usually play with old high school friends. I would prefer anytime any where always (don' get to play enough) but there my peeps and I'm always sitting comfortably gathered around personalities I know and can predict pretty well (I always win poker night.)

Jophiel
2017-09-11, 11:53 PM
Local gaming shop with some people I met through the store's MeetUp page.

Marcloure
2017-09-12, 12:00 AM
For the past 3 years, I could only play online through Roll20.

Naanomi
2017-09-12, 12:09 AM
Sometimes at someone's house (we rotate); and sometimes at a local gaming shop, and sometimes at a board game museum in my area. Haven't played online in a number of years

Potato_Priest
2017-09-12, 12:09 AM
Always a physical game, but locations vary.

LordEntrails
2017-09-13, 06:31 PM
Online, using Fantasy Grounds.

Drayelock
2017-09-13, 06:56 PM
Played for years with high school friends and friends from a local game shop up at that game shop. When the owner changed it was not really RP-friendly so now we play at a friend's house. There was some kind of charm at gaming at a shop table but certainly there are benefits to playing at a house too.

Gryndle
2017-09-13, 07:10 PM
In my living room with RL friends. one of our guys did just move away, so now he joins in via SKype. long distance gaming is new to me, but it seems to be going well.

Breashios
2017-09-13, 07:15 PM
At friends' homes where they have custom playing surfaces from 3.5' x 8' up to 7' x 10', hundreds of fantasy miniatures, boxes of fantasy tiles, shelves of terrain, easels of gridded paper, scanners, copying machines, computers and printers to print up anything needed. There is also easy access to refrigerators, microwave ovens, toaster ovens, clean restrooms and air conditioning that always keeps the rooms comfortable.

(I did say I was fortunate in this area of my life.)

ZorroGames
2017-09-13, 08:14 PM
Currently at FLGS in AL play.

Waterdeep Merch
2017-09-13, 08:17 PM
I have a special hobby room at my house, connected to the kitchen for easy access. We have two different types of tables depending on what's going to be more useful for the latest session. On the rare occasion that neither I nor a roommate of mine is DMing, we'll still often end up using that room. Not everyone has room for a dedicated hobby room watched over by OCD cleaners.

If you spill something and fail to alert us, your life is forfeit.

Kane0
2017-09-13, 08:37 PM
Dining room table, my place. I deliberately picked a house that I could comfortably run a game at.

Originally was the local gaming store but they closed up.

Scripten
2017-09-13, 09:27 PM
I DM at my own house, dining room table. When I play, since I don't have any nearby DMs, I play online, right here on friendly GitP.

Mitth'raw'nuruo
2017-09-14, 12:34 AM
MY friend's home @ their kitchen table. Same people since high school + or minus.

scalyfreak
2017-09-14, 01:44 AM
Here. :smallsmile:

My only game right now is the PbP I'm in, on these forums.

ghost_warlock
2017-09-14, 01:54 AM
Twice per week I play at my house, once per week I play at the FLGS.

I also GM Numenera at the FLGS once per week

Theodoxus
2017-09-14, 08:01 AM
FLGS, currently. Have played at various people's houses, and in the summer was in a game run in a library at the local university.

All have their pros and cons... I've played Roll20 as well, but tend to have technical difficulties.

INDYSTAR188
2017-09-14, 08:22 AM
The four of us (me as DM and my three players) meet at my house every other Saturday (or as frequently as possible when we can't make every other week) from 2:30 - 5:30/6-ish. We play in the basement so it's quiet and let the kids and wives hang out upstairs so they can be loud and run around. We have Pathfinder Pawns, game mat, wifi, index cards and an ipod to help run the game. We always make or buy some kind of dinner and snacks for everyone and we all BYOB.

Maxilian
2017-09-14, 08:27 AM
At my house, or at a friends house.

I also used to play in Roll20, but don't have any campaigns there right now, and i'm in a campaign in FB that is text by post. (not a fan of it)

KorvinStarmast
2017-09-14, 08:30 AM
Roll20. My one attempt at a local game AL was shot down by the wife since I'd be going out. With Roll20, even though she's not playing, I am at home and thus "available" if she wants to interrupt. So it goes. I much prefer in person D&D.

Back in the 80's when I DM'd quite a bit of 1e, and EPT, it was usually me hosting the game on my large and expandable dining room table. (Or, we played it a friend's house on the floor of his living room. )

Pichu
2017-09-14, 09:14 AM
At a game and comic book store. We used to go into the cellar for Dungeons and Dragons in a "Dungeon", but they moved and now we get the back room behind the MtG players :smallfrown:

Sigreid
2017-09-14, 09:32 AM
I play online using fantasy grounds with friends who I used to play with in person but who moved away for job or family reasons.