PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] How mount friendly is Age of Worms?

Chronikoce
2017-09-12, 10:54 AM
I'm part of an age of worms campaign atm and we just recently finished book 2. We lost a player to real life commitments and are trying to provide advice to a potential new player.

Without giving spoilers (if possible) could anyone provide some feedback on how mount friendly the remaining modules are?

Our group just recently arrived at a keep and have been told to render what assistance we can. We've already explored and resolved the cairn and the mine.

Elder_Basilisk
2017-09-12, 12:10 PM
I'm part of an age of worms campaign atm and we just recently finished book 2. We lost a player to real life commitments and are trying to provide advice to a potential new player.

Without giving spoilers (if possible) could anyone provide some feedback on how mount friendly the remaining modules are?

Our group just recently arrived at a keep and have been told to render what assistance we can. We've already explored and resolved the cairn and the mine.

It's going to vary a lot by chapter. In some sections, mounts will be viable. In others, not so much. I'd say about 30 percent of what's coming is noticably more mount friendly than the first two chapters but the rest is close to what you've already played in terms of mount friendliness.

Chronikoce
2017-09-12, 12:14 PM
It's going to vary a lot by chapter. In some sections, mounts will be viable. In others, not so much. I'd say about 30 percent of what's coming is noticably more mount friendly than the first two chapters but the rest is close to what you've already played in terms of mount friendliness.

Ah. That's a bummer. Even with tunnel fighting that probably means mounts are best avoided as a primary strategy.

Eldariel
2017-09-12, 01:39 PM
Ah. That's a bummer. Even with tunnel fighting that probably means mounts are best avoided as a primary strategy.

You can get enough out of mounts that e.g. picking Spirited Charge can work, but I'd recommend against going all-in on some Cavalier build. Also, shapechanging riders á la Wizard and Druid have significant advantagr in terms of being able to stay mounted indoors; just make yourself and your mount sufficiently small for given location.