PDA

View Full Version : Dhamfir Eldritch Knight

asmartfellow
2017-09-12, 03:18 PM
So, started a new campaign at lvl 1. DM lets us create anything available in the HeroLab. I find the "Daywalker" race, or Dhamfir. Normally I play the combat caster, but this go round I decide to be the Fighter (the party will have 3).

Made a Dex Fighter, and at lvl 3 will go with Eldritch Knight.

Few questions I need suggestions or opinions on:

Armor. Sure, Leather until lvl 3, but then thinking seriously about taking Mage Armor to utilize full dex bonus and basically never be armorless. Eats up one lvl 1 spell per day, but never unarmed. Would I be better served to buy armor? Like, Legit Plate and shield?

Weapons. Note: Started with Rapier, but on our first adventure, I roll a Sun Blade. So, I'm a Daywalking Vampire with an anti-Vampire, anti-Undead blade. I didn't chose this, but hey...not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Has finesse property, so fits original intent.

Spells.. This is the tough one for me. First spells I'm thinking at first level (Remember have to have Evocation and Abjuration plus one of any. I went with
Mage Armor
Absorb Elements
Chromatic Orb
Cantrips are Fire Bolt and Mage Hand.

Am I gimping myself or missing any better options? And, what should I be looking at down the line? Spell Lvl 2 at least. I have the ability to drop a spell and take Find Familiar, but not certain if I should or not.

Down the line I'm planning to FEAT into Iajutsu Master then Alert to basically have +12 (+ profeciency) attack and +12 damage all the time With my sun blade. Currently have 19 DEX. So, IM gives me the 20 for Capping.

I'm trying to be a heavy tank and decent dmg dealer. Mostly H2H, with the ability to do range as I close (Fire Blast).

Thanks for any/all help. You guys get it.

Specter
2017-09-12, 04:41 PM
If this Dhamfir is a half-vampire race, then I've got another one I homebrewed for a player in my signature. It sounds different in flavor from what you want, but it's worth taking a look.

Zanthy1
2017-09-12, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't take mage armor as your spell. I'd wait and get the feat: Mage initiate and pick Wizard. Then select Mage armor (gives you a free 1 cast/day) and 2 wizard cantrips (that use Int if need be). recommendations: Fire bolt (for ranged) Chilling touch (for flavor/close). Mage hand is also great.

MagneticKitty
2017-09-13, 04:12 PM
Booming blade or green fire blade is almost a must on your cantrips. They're from SCAG I think

Potato_Priest
2017-09-13, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't take mage armor as your spell. I'd wait and get the feat: Mage initiate and pick Wizard. Then select Mage armor (gives you a free 1 cast/day) and 2 wizard cantrips (that use Int if need be). recommendations: Fire bolt (for ranged) Chilling touch (for flavor/close). Mage hand is also great.

Chill touch has a range of 120 feet, so you can probably skip firebolt if you're going with this setup. Chill touch is not only more flavorful than firebolt, it has excellent effects on regenerating creatures or those who might be able to recieve healing. Consider minor illusion or prestidigitation as a secondary cantrip for some utility.