PDA

View Full Version : Custom magic items for a party help

Meepwizard
2017-09-12, 09:56 PM
I hope to dm at some point or another, and I'd like all of your opinions on how'd I create a magic item per pc. I don't know what classes they'd choose,but it would start at one. I was considering a more it progresses as you level up which makes sense. Just spitball any ideas you have, and hopefully I can incorporate them.(I'll reflavor them as needed)

Specter
2017-09-12, 10:07 PM
Once you know what classes they'll choose, we can give you some adequate advice.

DarkKnightJin
2017-09-13, 02:48 AM
Once you know what classes they'll choose, we can give you some adequate advice.

Making general use magic items is all well and good, but you'd be better served making something more custom to a character.

It's a Sword and Board Fighter that's having trouble keeping things focused on him? Give him a shield that allows him 1 cast of something like Compelled Duel per short or long rest. Something that's unique to the character, and might help them shore up some weakness they've been having in-game.

There's a 'Weak Magic Item Generator' online somewhere, I don't have a link right now.
You could use that to get some inspiration on items to create that would fit one of the PCs thematically and/or mechanically.