PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Best Social Talents for a Vigilante without a Secret Identity

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-09-13, 12:13 PM
I'm getting a gestalt Hangman Vigilante//Snakebite Striker/Strangler Brawler ready for a potential game and don't plan on forcing the others to play around the class' weird little Bruce Wayne minigame. So not having played a Vigilante before I'm looking for advice on what social talents to take if I don't plan on swapping back and forth. From what I understand we will be traveling a bit so I don't think the renown stuff is going to be that useful but otherwise I'm open to anything.

Snow-blind
2017-09-14, 06:55 AM
If you are dead set against swapping identities (so the social talent must be relevant in vigilante mode) and you aren't going to be operating in a relatively fixed location (so anything that depends on renown is out), here are ALL the relevant talents (ctrl-c, ctrl-v'd from archives of nethys):

Bellflower Innuendo (Ex) - Ahhh, do you communicate secret messages a lot? This is hella narrow.

Companion to the Lonely (Ex) -*snigger*...ok...*snigger*...ok, ok, ok, adult time. Have some WooHoos with someone, and get a bunch of rerolls for Will saves and charisma skills. If you can get around the whole borderline-sex-addiction thing, this is...actually pretty awesome. Almost broken, in fact.

Double Time (Ex) - Do you care about mundane craft/profession speed? No? Moving on...

Entrepreneur (Ex) - Perform Skill unlocks aren't *terrible*, otherwise this is only worth considering if you have a *lot* of downtime.

Gossip Collector (Ex) - Half time gather information...pass

In Vogue (Ex) - MOAR DOWNTIME...do you care? Probably not.

Kalistocrat's Acumen (Ex) - if you aren't in social identity then the requirements do nothing, so this just makes buying things easier. Your GM might not follow the purchase rules though, so YMMV

Intrigue Feats (Ex) - CBF looking through all those feats, but there will be probably be *something* there that you can get use out of.

Mockingbird (Ex) - No save uber ghost sound...yeah, this is actually pretty decent.[

Seemless Shapechanger - Are you a shapeshifter? If not then this does nothing. If so, then this probably still does nothing because polymorph bonuses on a charisma based face are such loltastic overkill that even more overkill is unnecessary.

Team Player - swift action aid another...yeah, not that bad. Not spectacular unless you are building around it, but it is basically free +2s you can hand out with spare swift actions. You could do worse.

Serafina
2017-09-14, 07:07 AM
You can just stay in your social identity all the time, and use both your social and vigilante talents.
You'll "risk" exposure when doing that, specifically people learning that your social and vigilante identity are the same. If you don't care about the separation, this really doesn't matter though and you're only throwing away an emergency "I need to hide from divination" ability.

So if you do that, you can just take any social talent, though obviously you have no reason to takes Quick Change or the like.
And if you do care about having an option for hiding from divinations, you can just take the Many Guises talent (or it's augmentations).

Ninjaxenomorph
2017-09-14, 10:55 AM
Why trash your social identity? I literally does not hurt you at all to keep it up your sleeve. You can't think of any scenarios in your upcoming game where you could benefit by being somebody else?

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-09-14, 02:32 PM
I may have been unclear. My actual plan is to always be in my Social Identity, since I can use all of my talents that way. The "Vigilante Identity" will still be on the sheet in the case of needing to disappear (though what scenario would make just me, not the whole party, need to disappear I don't know) but I won't be bothering with the Batman/Bruce Wayne "whoopsie let me just step out of the room for every combat" schtick.

Honestly Companion to the Lonely and the Swift Aid talent look like the best ones, then I guess picking up Many Guises couldn't hurt from a disguise angle.