PDA

View Full Version : My PC is a giant fire elemental. How to not set the world on fire?

magicalmagicman
2017-09-13, 01:42 PM
Ok so this week I've been brainstorming a character (Cleric) that at level 12 (due to wealth), will purchase a scroll of gate and a power stone of True Mind Switch to call in a Fire Elemental and switch bodies with it.

It hasn't been decided yet if I will be swapping bodies with a Huge Fire Elemental (no higher manifester level Power Stone and no enervation), Greater Fire Elemental (no enervation), Fire Elemental monlith (no epic creatures), or a Primal Fire Elemental (Probably not because I'll need a CL32 Gate).

The reason I'm doing this is because of immortality, and to look like a colossal flaming goddess of destruction when I cast my cleric spells. This is important! I have to be Huge! Absolutely Massive! And made up of pure fire, and have a feminine form. These conditions are non-negotiable! I want my enemies to scream "OH ****!!!!!!" when they cast their eyes upon my true form.

So... out of combat, I don't want to draw unnecessary attention to myself. Being a who-knows-how-tall flaming goddess that sets fire to everything she touches, not only will all eyes be upon me and my party, I will probably be destroying entire cities, set fire to entire villages, and burn down entire forest mountains! I don't want to do that, I'm a good guy.

So... Any ideas?

1. Phylactery of Change - Solves all my problems but is a 3.0 book and my DM hates 3.0 with a passion so he ruled No, especially since this item uses polymorph self, a 3.0 exclusive spell.
2. Bag of Holding - Did the math, all my forms are going to be too heavy to be carried in a bag of holding.
3. Cloak of Bat, Cape of the Viper - Super short duration.
4. Scrolls of Polymorph Any Object - Permanent Duration, but capsizes my intelligence to 4.
5. Skin of Proteus - Pretty sure it only works on medium creatures. Crake pointed out if I make myself smaller temporarily, I can overcome this. Researching...

edit: Super expensive solution so far is use Cloak of Bat to turn into a bat, then use the Skin of Proteus to turn into a human.

Crake
2017-09-13, 01:53 PM
If we're talking magic items, skin of the proteus has you covered. It's an item from XPH that's basically a continuous metamorphosis item, which is basically polymorph.

It's expensive though, 84,000gp.

Also, someone noted in one of your other threads, but using a power crystal of true mind switch doesn't use your own xp, the xp is added into the cost of the power crystal, same way a scroll of wish doesn't use your own xp, it's added to the cost of the scroll.

magicalmagicman
2017-09-13, 02:06 PM
If we're talking magic items, skin of the proteus has you covered. It's an item from XPH that's basically a continuous metamorphosis item, which is basically polymorph.

It's expensive though, 84,000gp.

Also, someone noted in one of your other threads, but using a power crystal of true mind switch doesn't use your own xp, the xp is added into the cost of the power crystal, same way a scroll of wish doesn't use your own xp, it's added to the cost of the scroll.

Psychoactive Skins

Psychoactive skins (also sometimes called ectoshells) are fistsized globs of psionically charged ectoplasm. As a standard action, a psychoactive skin spreads over and covers a Medium or smaller creature that projects the proper command thought; the same command thought causes the skin to shrink back down to its former size. Each of the various psychoactive skins is charged with one of a wide array of powers that constantly affect the wearer.

A deployed skin completely covers the wearer and all his equipment like a second skin, allowing the wearer to see, hear, and breathe normally. It rolls away from various parts of the body as needed, such as when the wearer needs to eat or access a backpack. Held items or items specifically excluded are not covered by a psychoactive skin.

I think that line signifies Skin of Proteus only works on medium or smaller characters.

Power Stones
Any power stone that has an imprinted power with an experience point cost also has an XP cost in addition to that noted here.

Creating Psionic Items
The creator must know the power or powers to be imprinted in the power stone (or must have the power available in some other form). If manifesting the power would reduce the manifester’s experience point total, she pays the cost upon beginning the power stone in addition to the experience point cost for making the power stone itself. The act of encoding triggers the power as if it had been manifested, costing the character an appropriate number of power points.

Which is it? Damn d20srd contradicting itself! Is it included in the cost or do I have to pay for it? I'd really rather pay gp instead of xp.

edit: Right, theres that rule about primary sources, so i guess I need to pay an extra 50,000gp for the power stone. Ok. So I guess I have to wait until level 12. Thats fine with me. Easier to convince my DM for bigger bodies the higher level we are.

Crake
2017-09-13, 02:11 PM
I think that line signifies Skin of Proteus only works on medium or smaller characters.

If you use a temporary measure to make yourself small enough to get the skin to fit on you, you shouldn't have a problem.

Which is it? Damn d20srd contradicting itself! Is it included in the cost or do I have to pay for it? I'd really rather pay gp instead of xp.

That's the rules for creating them. Same rule exists for creating scrolls with xp costs. The xp cost is paid when creating, and increases the market value of the scroll/power stone by 5*xp, so in the case of a power stone of true mind switch, it would add 50k to the cost.

A scroll of gate would likewise cost an additional 5k thanks it it's 1k xp cost to gate in a creature.

magicalmagicman
2017-09-13, 02:23 PM
If you use a temporary measure to make yourself small enough to get the skin to fit on you, you shouldn't have a problem.

I see, burn a polymorph scroll first and then wear the skin. Got it! Ok! Alright! Now, to brainstorm a cheaper option! One that lets me shift forms without spending resources. Eternal Wands stop at level 3 >.<

Maybe I'll swap one of my domains out for one that has a similar spell. Doesn't have to be polymorph, just one that shrinks me or turns me into a rabbit or something (baleful polymorph?). Researching...

That's the rules for creating them. Same rule exists for creating scrolls with xp costs. The xp cost is paid when creating, and increases the market value of the scroll/power stone by 5*xp, so in the case of a power stone of true mind switch, it would add 50k to the cost.

The rule in the Power Stone quote is found here.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/powerStones.htm

As a footnote in the table. It signifies all Power Stones cost the same and the manifester pays the XP, not the creator.

The 2nd quote is under crafting psionic items, which I didn't bother to check until now.

The whole thing should cost me 60-70k to attempt, depending on how much of a higher manifester level, caster level, or multiple scrolls of gate for outsiders that enervate at will I need.

Skin of Proteus would push me back to level 15 to attempt.

Crake
2017-09-13, 02:30 PM
The rule in the Power Stone quote is found here.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/powerStones.htm

As a footnote in the table. It signifies all Power Stones cost the same and the manifester pays the XP, not the creator.

The 2nd quote is under crafting psionic items, which I didn't bother to check until now.

If you read the footnote in the actual book, it points you to the crafting guidlines table in the DMG, which says that the xp cost increases the cost of the item by 5* the xp cost, so it's referring to the increased gp cost of the item, not an xp cost that the user has to spend when using it.

As for a spell to give you a medium form: Aspect of the wolf is a 1st level spell that changes you into a wolf for a short period of time.

magicalmagicman
2017-09-13, 02:41 PM
If you read the footnote in the actual book, it points you to the crafting guidlines table in the DMG, which says that the xp cost increases the cost of the item by 5* the xp cost, so it's referring to the increased gp cost of the item, not an xp cost that the user has to spend when using it.

As for a spell to give you a medium form: Aspect of the wolf is a 1st level spell that changes you into a wolf for a short period of time.

Thanks for clearing that up. Aspect of the wolf is a druid/ranger spell, not cleric so I will have to keep looking.

Actually, how about Cloak of the bat + skin of Proteus? That would work right?

Telonius
2017-09-13, 02:42 PM
Well, you could get that jerk Maui to give your heart back. Otherwise, I'm trying to think of some ways you could get the Alternate Form ability. There's a Dragonfire Adept invocation that will give you a Humanoid Form, but that's probably not what you're looking for.

I suppose you could cheese your way into it with Bestow Curse. "If ever you say the word 'shoehorn,' your elemental power will be gone, leaving you as a normal human, until you spell shoehorn backwards."

magicalmagicman
2017-09-13, 03:23 PM
Well, you could get that jerk Maui to give your heart back.

I am not some wrinkled skinny grandma! I am going to be a blindingly shining being of pure intense living fire! Not some ugly, barely glowing, thing!

Anyways, appreciate the help.

I suppose you could cheese your way into it with Bestow Curse. "If ever you say the word 'shoehorn,' your elemental power will be gone, leaving you as a normal human, until you spell shoehorn backwards."

My DM is not a big fan of homebrew, which includes original curses.

Ellrin
2017-09-13, 08:18 PM
You should get an even bigger fire elemental to set the world on fire before you can. You can't set the world on fire if it's already burning.

Sagetim
2017-09-14, 09:31 PM
You should get an even bigger fire elemental to set the world on fire before you can. You can't set the world on fire if it's already burning.

Psh, can to. You just haven't been trying hard enough.

......and yeah, I brought up the increased gold cost thing in the other thread. I think I missed the part where you went from pit fiend to elemental, but I'll bring up a pertinent question again: If you take over the fire elemental body, don't you get all the hit dice? That would be a pretty heavy impact to leveling up after you perform this plan, if you get the hit dice, since you wouldn't be getting free xp to go with those hit dice.

It's a similar problem that, as far as I'm aware, anyone who gets lyncanthropy has to go through- their ecl has shot up, but since they didn't get any xp to go with it, they are now at whatever their xp was, and the next level is much further away and harder to achieve.

Let's say you were level 12 and got 12 elemental hit dice along with your new body. You now have 24 hit dice, but you didn't gain any xp from this whole affair. If you were at the minimum for level 12, 66,000 xp, then you're still there. But instead of level 13 being at 78,000 xp, it's now waiting for you at the far off goal line of 276,000 xp. And that's if you only get 12 hit dice from the elemental body that you're swapping into.

As far as I'm aware, racial hit dice are attached to the body, not the mind. So if you were a lizardfolk with 3 lizardman hit dice and got enough psion to true mindswitch your way into a nice, no racial hit dice, no ecl body, then you might actually gain a level, even with paying the 10k xp cost.

Anxe
2017-09-14, 10:16 PM
Psh, can to. You just haven't been trying hard enough.

......and yeah, I brought up the increased gold cost thing in the other thread. I think I missed the part where you went from pit fiend to elemental, but I'll bring up a pertinent question again: If you take over the fire elemental body, don't you get all the hit dice? That would be a pretty heavy impact to leveling up after you perform this plan, if you get the hit dice, since you wouldn't be getting free xp to go with those hit dice.

It's a similar problem that, as far as I'm aware, anyone who gets lyncanthropy has to go through- their ecl has shot up, but since they didn't get any xp to go with it, they are now at whatever their xp was, and the next level is much further away and harder to achieve.

Let's say you were level 12 and got 12 elemental hit dice along with your new body. You now have 24 hit dice, but you didn't gain any xp from this whole affair. If you were at the minimum for level 12, 66,000 xp, then you're still there. But instead of level 13 being at 78,000 xp, it's now waiting for you at the far off goal line of 276,000 xp. And that's if you only get 12 hit dice from the elemental body that you're swapping into.

As far as I'm aware, racial hit dice are attached to the body, not the mind. So if you were a lizardfolk with 3 lizardman hit dice and got enough psion to true mindswitch your way into a nice, no racial hit dice, no ecl body, then you might actually gain a level, even with paying the 10k xp cost.

HD and ECL aren't affected because the change is "balanced" through the expenditure of wealth. It's also balanced by it being a spell instead of a fundamental part of who the character is. Lycanthropy means you are a lycanthrope now. This is just a mind switch. The character now has to live in constant fear of dispel magic and in constant fear of losing a level if their original body is destroyed.

For possible solutions to the "burning everything" problem, I found Attune Form in the Manual of the Planes book. It's a 3rd level Cleric spell that lets you change your body to adapt to a specific plane. It doesn't do what you want it to because the spell is designed for adapting to hostile effects of planes. However, it doesn't seem that unreasonable to say a 3rd level spell modeled off of Attune Form would let you not burn stuff.

If that doesn't fly, Alter Self is probably the way to go. It's cheap enough that you should be able to get an item of some kind that lets you change. And since its not a specific item already in existence it doesn't have the same problems Skin of the Proteus does.

Sagetim
2017-09-14, 10:53 PM
HD and ECL aren't affected because the change is "balanced" through the expenditure of wealth. It's also balanced by it being a spell instead of a fundamental part of who the character is. Lycanthropy means you are a lycanthrope now. This is just a mind switch. The character now has to live in constant fear of dispel magic and in constant fear of losing a level if their original body is destroyed.

For possible solutions to the "burning everything" problem, I found Attune Form in the Manual of the Planes book. It's a 3rd level Cleric spell that lets you change your body to adapt to a specific plane. It doesn't do what you want it to because the spell is designed for adapting to hostile effects of planes. However, it doesn't seem that unreasonable to say a 3rd level spell modeled off of Attune Form would let you not burn stuff.

If that doesn't fly, Alter Self is probably the way to go. It's cheap enough that you should be able to get an item of some kind that lets you change. And since its not a specific item already in existence it doesn't have the same problems Skin of the Proteus does.

Well, we're talking about this psionic power (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindSwitchTrue.htm), an upgraded version of this power (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindSwitch.htm), not the spell. So, no, dispel has no sway here. The level loss thing is still a concern, but as far as I can tell, Racial Hit Dice are physical characteristics of a body.

Deophaun
2017-09-14, 11:08 PM
Is it too obvious if I just point out that fire elementals do not burn everything they touch?

magicalmagicman
2017-09-14, 11:14 PM
Well, we're talking about this psionic power (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindSwitchTrue.htm), an upgraded version of this power (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindSwitch.htm), not the spell. So, no, dispel has no sway here. The level loss thing is still a concern, but as far as I can tell, Racial Hit Dice are physical characteristics of a body.

"You retain your own hit points, saving throws (possibly modified by new ability scores), class abilities, supernatural and spell-like abilities, spells and powers, and skills and feats (although skill checks use your new ability scores, and you may be temporarily unable to use feats whose requirements you do not meet in your new body)."

There is no racial hit die. In fact your new constitution score does not increase your hitpoints. Same with Polymorph. Increased constitution may increase your hitpoints when you level up next time, but not when you perform this. If you had 10hp when you true mind switch into a tarrasque, your hp is still 10.

No ECL is involved either. This method completely bypasses ECL stuff. It works on LA:- creatures. Acquiring templates or using wish to change your race is a completely different procedure that nets LA, but not this.

Is it too obvious if I just point out that fire elementals do not burn everything they touch?

No it's not. Please elaborate because any fluff, lore, or descriptive text I've found/read for 3.5 all explicity say they burn everything. This would definitely solve a good deal of my woes.

Gruftzwerg
2017-09-14, 11:30 PM

+ Hat of Disguise = problem solved?

Deophaun
2017-09-14, 11:31 PM
No it's not. Please elaborate because any fluff, lore, or descriptive text I've found/read for 3.5 all explicity say they burn everything. This would definitely solve a good deal of my woes.
Ah, I'm in the "fluff is what you want it" crowd, which means as long as it jives with the stat blocks, it's fine. Fire elementals have no special ability that deals fire damage to things around them automatically, nor do they have a touch attack. The only times they are called out in the stat block as dealing fire damage is when they use their slam attacks or someone hits them with a melee weapon.

Other than that, it's fluff. Toss if you don't like.

Furthermore, the fluff just says "many materials they touch." Give them fire-resistant clothing if it's a problem. Dragonhide clothing made out of a red dragon should be more than sufficient. You can now sit in a wooden chair because the clothing is touching it, not you.

magicalmagicman
2017-09-14, 11:43 PM
+ Hat of Disguise = problem solved?

Ah, I'm in the "fluff is what you want it" crowd, which means as long as it jives with the stat blocks, it's fine. Fire elementals have no special ability that deals fire damage to things around them automatically, nor do they have a touch attack. The only times they are called out in the stat block as dealing fire damage is when they use their slam attacks or someone hits them with a melee weapon.

Other than that, it's fluff. Toss if you don't like.

Furthermore, the fluff just says "many materials they touch." Give them fire-resistant clothing if it's a problem. Dragonhide clothing made out of a red dragon should be more than sufficient. You can now sit in a wooden chair because the clothing is touching it, not you.

I think my DM will disagree since the fluff part of fire elementals say they burn everything in the material realm.

Also, both of you are forgetting, I will be GARGANTUAN SIZE! ROAR!!!! How much will gargantuan dragonhide clothing cost? How does Hat of Disguise helm me when I am gargantuan and the item explicitly doesn't change size?

Esprit15
2017-09-15, 12:00 AM
Maybe don't be gargantuan size?

Deophaun
2017-09-15, 12:41 AM
I think my DM will disagree since the fluff part of fire elementals say they burn everything in the material realm.
???

Fire elementals are fast and agile. The merest touch from their fiery bodies is sufficient to set many materials aflame.
"Many materials aflame" != "everything in the material realm." It's not even "most." Just "many."

How much will gargantuan dragonhide clothing cost?
Strangely, looking at Draconomicon... nothing:

Armorsmiths can work with dragon hides to produce masterwork armor or shields for the normal cost
Dragoncraft armor, sure, that costs a premium. But just making armor out of the hide without the Dragoncrafter feat? No extra charge beyond being masterwork. The clothing itself will retain complete immunity to the element, it just won't bestow any of that to you. But, we don't really care about that, do we?

Ellrin
2017-09-15, 12:59 AM

Also, both of you are forgetting, I will be GARGANTUAN SIZE! ROAR!!!! How much will gargantuan dragonhide clothing cost? How does Hat of Disguise helm me when I am gargantuan and the item explicitly doesn't change size?

Clearly the solution is to kill a Colossal red dragon, gut it, and drape its corpse over you. Now you're not setting everything on fire, and if your Bluff/Disguise check is good enough, you can pretend you're a dragon, not an elemental.

Anxe
2017-09-15, 01:29 AM

Ah. My bad. Protection from Alignment would kick them out then, but Dispel would not.

I've never heard of RHD as being part of the body in that way and I think the text of the Power makes it pretty clear that you don't get them.

emeraldstreak
2017-09-15, 02:19 AM
I'd rather suggest bubble of no air (or no oxygen). There are magic items that do the opposite anyway.

Elementals need not breathe, and in such bubble your fire elemental would melt things, but not set fires. Basically, it'll be a giant lightbulb.

Bronk
2017-09-15, 07:50 AM
Are you dead set on being a cleric? It would be easier to pull this off by starting as a nonhumanoid, becoming a druid with the fangshield substitution level that allows you to wild shape into a humanoid, switching into your new body somehow, then using wild shape to become a humanoid again when not in combat. This would have the added benefit of making your smaller, humanoid body still have some visual features of a fire elemental, and you could also have all your equipment sized for your new, true, size, which would meld into your humanoid form, then pop back into place when you retake your normal form. You could even have two sets of gear, for both combat and non combat... you'd just have to pick up the non-combat equipment up after the fight.

Or, you could just be a regular druid and wait for elemental wild shape.

Crake
2017-09-15, 11:20 AM
Ah. My bad. Protection from Alignment would kick them out then, but Dispel would not.

I've never heard of RHD as being part of the body in that way and I think the text of the Power makes it pretty clear that you don't get them.

protection from alignment wouldn't do anything against the instantaneous true mind switch. It would stop the spell from functioning in the first place, but once the switch is made, you've swapped bodies and there is no longer any magic to be suppressed.

magicalmagicman
2017-09-15, 01:09 PM
Are you dead set on being a cleric? It would be easier to pull this off by starting as a nonhumanoid, becoming a druid with the fangshield substitution level that allows you to wild shape into a humanoid, switching into your new body somehow, then using wild shape to become a humanoid again when not in combat. This would have the added benefit of making your smaller, humanoid body still have some visual features of a fire elemental, and you could also have all your equipment sized for your new, true, size, which would meld into your humanoid form, then pop back into place when you retake your normal form. You could even have two sets of gear, for both combat and non combat... you'd just have to pick up the non-combat equipment up after the fight.

Or, you could just be a regular druid and wait for elemental wild shape.

I am a cleric in the game I am in so I have to be a cleric. But regardless I will never, ever be a druid, ever. Their roleplay is just not my cup of tea. I only play characters with no restrictions, like wizards or sorcerers, and just recently got into cleric once I got over my obsession of not being deityless in forgotten realms.

Maybe don't be gargantuan size?

Never. The Half the point of this is to be gargantuan size.

Endarire
2017-09-16, 12:16 AM
Fallout 3 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJcuAau2RKA)?

KarlMarx
2017-09-16, 03:24 PM
Why wouldn't an eternal wand of Alter Self to change into medium fire creature with elemental subtype that doesn't burn everything/can suppress its ability to do so and/or Skin of Proteus?

magicalmagicman
2017-09-16, 05:04 PM
Why wouldn't an eternal wand of Alter Self to change into medium fire creature with elemental subtype that doesn't burn everything/can suppress its ability to do so and/or Skin of Proteus?

Alter Self is 10min/level, so each use of the wand will last 30min. It also can only change shape within 1 category so I will still be huge. Also 2 charges per day, so I spent 4,420gp to be a huge elemental for 1hour.

Skin of Proteus + Cloak of the bat is the current method, but it is ludicrously expensive, so we were brainstorming cheaper alternatives, but if we can't that will be the combo I will grab.

ATHATH
2017-09-16, 05:08 PM
I don't want to set the world on fire...
I just want to start
a flame in your heart...

Deophaun
2017-09-16, 09:24 PM
Skin of Proteus + Cloak of the bat is the current method, but it is ludicrously expensive, so we were brainstorming cheaper alternatives, but if we can't that will be the combo I will grab.
I would like to know what is wrong with the effectively free fireproof clothing that is red dragon hide.

magicalmagicman
2017-09-16, 10:12 PM
I would like to know what is wrong with the effectively free fireproof clothing that is red dragon hide.

Oh no! Please don't misunderstand! Your idea is still in the table as it is much, much cheaper, but the problem remains that I will be a Gargantuan beacon of "Look here! Attack this!". On the other hand, being gargantuan 24/7 is awesome, on the other hand, so is being in a hidden human form and surprising my opponents by transforming at the start of combat.

Also there's an aesthetic issue. If only my boots/legs are covered and my upper body is free, I'd dig that but if my entire body is covered in clothing, then I won't be a glowing fiery inferno in combat.

I might start with dragon clothing and switch to proteus.

I'm still brainstorming.

Deophaun
2017-09-17, 08:54 AM
Oh no! Please don't misunderstand! Your idea is still in the table as it is much, much cheaper, but the problem remains that I will be a Gargantuan beacon of "Look here! Attack this!". On the other hand, being gargantuan 24/7 is awesome, on the other hand, so is being in a hidden human form and surprising my opponents by transforming at the start of combat.
I think the bigger problem with being gargantuan is when you have to go into a dungeon where most of the corridors are 10' wide x 10' high. :smallwink:

Also there's an aesthetic issue. If only my boots/legs are covered and my upper body is free, I'd dig that but if my entire body is covered in clothing, then I won't be a glowing fiery inferno in combat.
I'm of the "live by the fluff, die by the fluff" mindset. Since the fluff states that it's the dragon hide itself that's immune to fire, you don't need it made into armor. Boots, gloves, bracers and a cloak should be enough.

Bronk
2017-09-18, 05:28 AM

Not medium, but how about the 'shrink collar' from the Arms and Equipment Guide? That sets your size to small. You could be disguised as a halfling or a gnome instead of a human...

Edit: Then there's the 'ring of gnomekind' from Dragon 333, that permanently disguises you as a gnome. It doesn't change your type though, so it wouldn't get rid of the 'being on fire' part of your new form... I was hoping that the 'ring of the frost giant jarl' would take care of that by giving you the cold subtype, but it was not to be. Maybe something from Savage Species?

What if you were to take on your new form by using a Savage Species use of the 'wish' spell? You get the form automatically, but you get the powers of the new form via individual spellcraft checks. You could do that, then deliberately flub the skill check for giving you the flaming body ability...

magicalmagicman
2017-09-18, 02:13 PM
Not medium, but how about the 'shrink collar' from the Arms and Equipment Guide? That sets your size to small. You could be disguised as a halfling or a gnome instead of a human...

Edit: Then there's the 'ring of gnomekind' from Dragon 333, that permanently disguises you as a gnome. It doesn't change your type though, so it wouldn't get rid of the 'being on fire' part of your new form... I was hoping that the 'ring of the frost giant jarl' would take care of that by giving you the cold subtype, but it was not to be. Maybe something from Savage Species?

What if you were to take on your new form by using a Savage Species use of the 'wish' spell? You get the form automatically, but you get the powers of the new form via individual spellcraft checks. You could do that, then deliberately flub the skill check for giving you the flaming body ability...

Dragon is flat out not allowed and arms and equipment guide is 3.0 making my DM tilt his head in doubt. But yes! Shrink collar is awesome!

Savage Species is not only 3.0, but also using Wish to change race involves a **** ton of level loss due to ECL, and creatures with LA:- like the Elemental Monoliths are flat out illegal.

Tohsaka Rin
2017-09-19, 06:19 AM
Dragon is flat out not allowed and arms and equipment guide is 3.0 making my DM tilt his head in doubt. But yes! Shrink collar is awesome!

Savage Species is not only 3.0, but also using Wish to change race involves a **** ton of level loss due to ECL, and creatures with LA:- like the Elemental Monoliths are flat out illegal.

As I recall, anything 3.0 that hasn't been updated/errata'd to 3.5 is still considered legal in 3.5 I believe the official wording was?

atemu1234
2017-09-19, 02:05 PM
Clearly the solution is to kill a Colossal red dragon, gut it, and drape its corpse over you. Now you're not setting everything on fire, and if your Bluff/Disguise check is good enough, you can pretend you're a dragon, not an elemental.

So basically a reverse-Tauntaun?

Ellrin
2017-09-19, 09:48 PM
So basically a reverse-Tauntaun?

That's what I had in mind, yeah.