PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Gods

flappeercraft
2017-09-13, 05:25 PM
If, you're one of my players shhh, go away from this post like the plague

I said get out

Ok, now that that is solved, I need help with something, for an Epic game I'm making I need to roleplay Ehlonna (Goddess of Nature from Greyhawk) and it is for one specific scenario. She is trying to round about powerful individuals (The players) to get rid of a threat who will be the recurring villain, he has the power to wipe out an entire pantheon single handedly and Ehlonna knows it. So how would she treat the player, how would she act, what kind of thing should I do to roleplay this.

Karl Aegis
2017-09-14, 10:50 AM
Ehlonna lives in The Beastlands, the realm of kill or be killed, everything is either food, a threat, or something you don't care about. There aren't really "allies" or "friends" in The Beastlands. Just things that might share a common interest. Maybe. Probably not. So, uh, you REALLY chose the wrong deity for this kind of thing.

flappeercraft
2017-09-14, 11:32 AM
Ehlonna lives in The Beastlands, the realm of kill or be killed, everything is either food, a threat, or something you don't care about. There aren't really "allies" or "friends" in The Beastlands. Just things that might share a common interest. Maybe. Probably not. So, uh, you REALLY chose the wrong deity for this kind of thing.

Ah well, it can be changed I guess. But some beasts form packs, some are social animals. Also, even the stupidest of animals won't hunt the predator a top the food chain, Ehlonna is not a wild animal and is smart so if she can't beat it then she will get someone who can. She might be molded in a way by her own nature to do it one way, but one can do things differently out of need.

Psyren
2017-09-14, 01:22 PM

No, you're the one who's off-base here - Ehlonna might live in the Beastlands, but she herself is Neutral Good, and her dogma is about protecting good or innocent people who live in or travel through the forest. Living in a savage place makes sense for her because her goal is helping to make such places less hazardous - much like her rangers would - and so, it's totally in character for her to enlist aid against something that would threaten all of nature itself (which destabilizing the other nature deities would surely do.

Her symbol is a unicorn, which denotes care and protection for the woodlands as well as the (good) people who might interact with them.