PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Strong Creatures by CR

adonis53
2017-09-14, 12:41 AM
Okay so I'm playing a homebrew class similar to the summoner in that it focuses on using existing creatures. I need some advice from people experienced with pathfinder! I need your favorite monsters from each CR up to 15(the highest I'll ever have access to). Cannot use any third party creatures sadly, so only paizo official products. Right now my go to is a pegasus for CR 3 and Graven Guardian for CR 5. Also I CAN add armor. Shield or weapons, as well as flight later on so keep that in mind if you have one that would make the cut if it had those. :)

Thanks in advance!

Eldariel
2017-09-14, 04:51 AM
Okay so I'm playing a homebrew class similar to the summoner in that it focuses on using existing creatures. I need some advice from people experienced with pathfinder! I need your favorite monsters from each CR up to 15(the highest I'll ever have access to). Cannot use any third party creatures sadly, so only paizo official products. Right now my go to is a pegasus for CR 3 and Graven Guardian for CR 5. Also I CAN add armor. Shield or weapons, as well as flight later on so keep that in mind if you have one that would make the cut if it had those. :)

Thanks in advance!

Outsiders with their SLAs are probably what I'd go for. Not only do they fight but the SLAs essentially give you awfully broad spell access indirectly. Even just Core Outsiders give you a huge variety of options that can also fight.

adonis53
2017-09-14, 08:23 AM
Outsiders with their SLAs are probably what I'd go for. Not only do they fight but the SLAs essentially give you awfully broad spell access indirectly. Even just Core Outsiders give you a huge variety of options that can also fight.
Yeah I was thinking that too, but did you have any specific ones in mind? Right now I can only do up to CR 5 but next level I have access to 6. Im hoping to make a list of like 2 or 3 per CR. Probably like one for travel(pegasus is pretty fast and awesome for that), one for combat (graven guardian was a good tanky choice right now), and one for utility/healing maybe(was thinking a unicorn but i haven't checked what it has yet)