PDA

View Full Version : Get Turn/Rebuke on Spirit Shaman

weckar
2017-09-14, 06:14 AM
Is there any way to get Turn or Rebuke undead on the Spirit Shaman easily? Not having access really blocks them out from a ton of thematically appropriate Divine feats (most of which don't even consume turn attempts).

Thurbane
2017-09-14, 06:36 AM
Spirit Shaman 6/Knight of the Raven 3 will do it. You lose one caster level.

More feat intensive: Southern Magician + Necromantic Bloodline + Kin Mastery will get you one turn or rebuke undead attempt per day.

weckar
2017-09-14, 06:59 AM
I actually rather like the Southern Magician approach. Lets me steer straight into a theurgic class afterwards.
Spirit Shaman / Eldritch Disciple actually sounds interesting.

Venger
2017-09-14, 08:56 AM
Is there any way to get Turn or Rebuke undead on the Spirit Shaman easily? Not having access really blocks them out from a ton of thematically appropriate Divine feats (most of which don't even consume turn attempts).

A 1 lvl sacred exorcist dip is the traditional way of doing this. Grab either dismissal or dispel evil via arcane disciple after taking southern magician. good, exorcism, or balance will do it.

weckar
2017-09-14, 10:17 AM
Requirement of being Good does kind of suck, but it certainly is an option.

thorr-kan
2017-09-14, 10:23 AM
If open to 3.0 and Dragon Magazine content, Dragon 305 has God Touched and Divine Channeler. You get one turn/day as a cleric of 1/2 your level. Requires a patron deity. Extra Turning should work to add turn attempts.

noce
2017-09-14, 10:27 AM
A dip in classes like Dread Necromancer or Death Delver gives you turn undead.
Both are appropriate for a spirit themed class.

There sould be other classes that give you access to TU, but I don't remember which ones.

ShurikVch
2017-09-14, 04:52 PM
Should it necessarily be a Spirit Shaman?
Shaman in Oriental Adventures get Turn/Rebuke right out of the box...

Thurbane
2017-09-14, 05:03 PM
Should it necessarily be a Spirit Shaman?
Shaman in Oriental Adventures get Turn/Rebuke right out of the box...

Great class, even if it wasn't fully updated for 3.5. Hoping to play one some day.

weckar
2017-09-14, 05:29 PM
I like the casting mechanic of the spirit shaman, and its access to the druid spell list. Shaman is a fun class in its own right though.

Blackhawk748
2017-09-14, 11:07 PM
Ask your GM to let you use your Chastise Spirits to power Divine feats? I mean, its not a stretch and its thematic. I've allowed it and its all good.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-09-15, 06:53 AM
A dip in classes like Dread Necromancer or Death Delver gives you turn undead.
Both are appropriate for a spirit themed class.

There sould be other classes that give you access to TU, but I don't remember which ones.
Heck, you could do a Cleric dip, even. Grab some devotion feats, grab the Planning domain to start down the Persist path, grab the Magic domain to be able to wand/scroll all three major spell lists...

Allanimal
2017-09-15, 07:32 AM
Ask your GM to let you use your Chastise Spirits to power Divine feats? I mean, its not a stretch and its thematic. I've allowed it and its all good.

This is a great idea. I'm going to ask my DM about this for my spirit shaman character.