PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Creating the Citadel of a Demon Lord

Devcon1
2017-09-14, 07:57 AM
Hello all,

My party is currently going through a short campaign I started to run in the middle of our game because the DM was busy with a new child. I have one session remaining to wrap it up.

The party has undertaken a mission by an Ultroloth in Graz'zt's domain; in exchange for a way out of the abyss, they are to help a demon friend of his. Said demon has given them a pearl of positive energy, a ball of concentrated positive energy straight from the positive energy plane that is essentially like a nuke to demons.

The demon wants them to take the pearl straight into the citadel of a demon lord I created known as Synga'yon, the Lady of Iron. Said demon lord has found a way to capture lesser demon lords in modified iron flasks and siphon off energy from them while they are contained, which is how she is as powerful a demon lord as she is. The demon wants the party to use the pearl to nuke one of her storage chambers where she keeps her flasks, and in doing so release a good number of the demon lords she captured. Why? Because he feels the chaos of the Abyss has become too predictable, and that by releasing all those demon lords it could throw off the monotony, at least for a time.

The problem I've come into is coming up with the citadel itself, what inhabits it (besides, of course, demons) and just what might be guarding the storage chamber. I don't want it to be too dangerous, as my party is only level 11.

Any suggestions?

Unoriginal
2017-09-14, 08:15 AM
The problem is that opposing a Demon Lord in their own Domain is basically impossible, at least for mortals.

Especially if said Demon Lord has been crafty and strong enough to defeat other Lords and prevent their minions from freeing them.

If I were Synga'yon, I'd just offer to send them home in exchange for the pearl and the name of the demon who sent them.