PDA

View Full Version : How Was You Game Yesterday/This Week?

Pichu
2017-09-14, 09:09 AM
Hello Playgrounders! How was your game this week? Please share! I had to miss my session (unfortunately), so please tell me how your games went.

NecessaryWeevil
2017-09-15, 12:37 AM
Well, the most amusing bit was where the giant octopus lurking in the subterranean lake (because of course it was) grappled the extremely heavy warforged paladin and dragged him into the water. The warforged sank like a stone, the octopus was dragged down with it, and the warforged, not needing to breathe, was not inconvenienced in the slightest by being dozens of feet underwater.

strangebloke
2017-09-15, 12:50 AM
Well, the most amusing bit was where the giant octopus lurking in the subterranean lake (because of course it was) grappled the extremely heavy warforged paladin and dragged him into the water. The warforged sank like a stone, the octopus was dragged down with it, and the warforged, not needing to breathe, was not inconvenienced in the slightest by being dozens of feet underwater.

Exactly as planned, yeah?

My session was short and boring. Every one of my players forgot to level up before the sesh, and they're coming off of a really, really, stressful adventuring week.

Rekinball
2017-09-15, 12:51 AM
My game this week is saturday so unsure as of yet how it will go. However last week my players managed to rack up quite a kill count:
-2 ankhegs
-6 gnolls
- 5 bugbears
- 2 actual bears
- 1 goblin boss
-36 goblins
Also they bought a nice dress for an aspiring minstrel to wear when she performed at the fair,
The tiefling cleric nursed an npc out of a coma,
And we had our very first character death when the same tiefling cleric rushed into the final combat to heal the severely wounded half orc fighter...only to take a bugbears mace to the face.

Marcloure
2017-09-15, 01:12 AM
I shared my session in a thread a while ago (5 days ago?). It was one of the most fun sessions I've ever played. I'm repostiong it here again.

My character, surnamed Zhu, is a support/controler Sorcerer Favored Soul, currently at level 3. She is an Abyssal Tiefling bastard of the Demon Prince of Undeath, and in that day I rolled for Magic Missiles and Spare the Dying for racial spells.

At the game, our group is trying to escape from some recently abandoned Duergar ruins. At some point in a dark corridor, two Hook Horrors came to devour us, each from one side of the path. Profane Orcus, what a fight! I won initiative (for luck's reason, as always), and immediately blocked the path from behind with Web. Then, as my team is composed by some humans, we could all fight in the torchlight and focus fire. We focused on the other Hook Horror while the frist was struggling to break free and move. At my next turn, bang, Twinned Guiding Bolt against both enemies. One of them was a crit, around 35 damage. The Battlemaster Fighter gave a free attack (maneuver) to the Rogue, who having advantage, for luck's sake, landed another critical hit. The fight was a piece of cake afterwards.

We continued to follow the path and reached the core of the ruined city. While my team was short-resting (I was unscratched), I casted Guindance on myself and, as I have dark vision, stealthy explored the area. Having found some left-to-die prisioners, I casted Friends, talked and convinced them to accompany me to my real friends. They were angry when found out that I used magic, but they couldn't take on us all, so they just accepted their situation. In my exploration, I also found the "greathall" of the ruined city and guided my team there.

Getting in there, we fought a huge group of undead and duergar. There were a lot of them, around 16 if I remember well, no chance we could take them all at once. I won initiative again, as usual, but couldn't cast Web here since the ceil was way high, and there were no walls close enough. Then, I casted Bless on the Fighter, the Rogue and the Ranger. Next round I had my Spiritual Weapon slashing, and still could cast Toll the Dead as an action. For the next rounds, I kept twin-cast Guiding Bolt at the two bosses until my spellslots/sorcery points exhausts. Eventually, the Fighter and the Ranger falls unconscious, but I manage to stabilize them with Abyssal Arcana's Spare the Dying (from Abyssal Tiefling) while still doing damage with the Spiritual Weapon. I think I killed 8 or 9 foes, including both bosses (we wanted to make one of them prisioner, but our sitiation was dire and my character had her demon blood pumping hot). I don't even know how, but we just won that fight. Well, my DM has a very generous rule for HP (roll, if the result is fewer than the avarage, roll again until it's not. Being a Abyssal Tiefling Favored Soul, Zhu has 30 HP at level 3), so I think that balances his insane combats a bit.

The session ended shortly after that. Still, I had so much fun. My character, my lovely Tiefling, controlled the battlefield, buffed her allies, and bursted the abyss out of her foes. Twinned Spell + Guiding Bolt did a hack, and the Spiritual Weapon kept her dealing damage even when she was needed to stabilize her allies. Actually, everyone did great. Even though I haven't mentioned the Warlock until now, she was literally a meat shield and saved hard the team. In this last fight, with Armor of Agathys and Blade Ward, the Warlock just holded the frontlines for a long time after the fighter falled down.

MOLOKH
2017-09-15, 12:24 PM
After about 8 months of gaming my players finally finished Storm King's Thunder yesterday in a pretty brutal 7-hour session that lasted until 3 AM.

The whole thing was the final battle with Lymrith. They wasted quite a bit of time and resources figthing off the gargoyles with catapults around the lair, mostly because they didn't think to use the storm giants' lighning ability to blow them up in huge chunks.

The dragon then started running around the underground complex, using her lair actions and every dirty trick she could and almost never getting into actual melee. With the characters being juiced up by the potions of giant size and the actual giants being immune to lightining damage, she was not very effective. She did manage to down a couple of the weaker PCs with her breath weapon and ultimately kill one of the giants, but the Life Domain Cleric kept everyone well above half HP. The giants dealt massive damage to her with rocks but at least it was a PC that dealt the final blow. I think I played her pretty optimally and used every terrain feature she had access to, and while it was a long and epic fight, it didn't really feel that dangerous. The players seemed very satisfied, though.

For anyone running the adventure, keep in mind that the final battle is skewed in favour of the players way too much. A single Storm Giant deals about as much, or even more physical damage per turn as the dragon, and there's five of them. They can probably kill her on their own. Consider playing the giants yourself and using them only as dumb meat shields. This will also allow you to freely play out the plot hook with the traitor giant, as the player who controlled him didn't really act on it. Also consider simply changing the type of dragon they face, as Lymrith being lightning damage based makes it almost impossible for her to win.

Galadhrim
2017-09-15, 01:02 PM
We are a party of three adventurers. An Oath of the Crown Half-Orc Paladin, a Gnome conjuration Wizard, and a Tiefling Wild sorcerer.

Kromork, my half-orc Paladin is convinced that he is a Barron (because his adoptive mother told him so) and has been systematically working toward the goal of land ownership since the adventure began. Last week, the party was finally able to get to the Keep that we purchased from the Kingpair (there are two of them) for a steep discount and clear out the Hag coven that was occupying it. Upon waking the next morning, we thought we would have some down time for repairs but were warned that our allies to the west were being attacked through a Sending. We high tailed it through the swamp to perform a rescue and found the place abandoned. Following the trail of a people in flight, we found multiple corpses to show us the way. Near a lake, protected by a massive hedge, we came upon a group of mostly dead cultists with stitched together faces. We dispatched them by separating them using the terrain and using 2 or 3 vs 1 tactics against them once they were separated. Thoroughly confused as to why there were cultists hanging out in a swamp, we continued toward the sea in search of answers. On our way, we ran in to a Privateer of the Trust of Eight, who told us all eight groups of pirates (our allies were apparently one of the trust of 8) were attacked by these cultists at once, due to the fact that they had been skimping on their human donations to the Lich Lord that lives on an island of the southern coast. We met with the captains of the Trust of Eight and found out they really didn't know much about when or why this Lich started demanding human sacrifices, but that 3 of the 8 captains had finally had enough moral qualms to stop the madness. We tried to formulate a plan to deal with this situation that did not involve fighting a Lich Lord, given that we're only three level 6 characters.

Our wizard used all of his level 3 spell slots to cast Sending to the Kings' master wizard to try to obtain more information. He emphasized several times that we SHOULD NOT ENGAGE the lich lord, informed us that the coordinated attacks meant the lich lord probably had a powerful magic item that let him teleport his minions, and tasked us with sneaking on the Lich's island to steal and or disable the item (which apparently does not constitute engaging the Lich). We bartered with the pirate captains, and through a natural 20 persuasion roll were able to convince them to pay us 3 times their initial offer (they were pretty agreeable, since their only alternative was face the wrath of a Lich), hired a smuggler, and set off for the island. On our way in we ran across a sizable group of Sahuagin. They did not like us sneaking about and took it as their duty to dispatch us in our row boat. Luckily our wizard dropped a fog cloud on the majority of them. My Paladin summoned his trusty steed Allura, this time as a sea-horse, and ran protection for the boat as the casters pew pew'd from relative safety. Things were going well until a shark appeared to try and eat me and my sea-horse. Luckily one of the Sahuigin rolled a 1, then rolled a 1 again on his luck roll, plunging a spear directly into his own's shark's brain. after that we made short work of them, and coasted around a rocky up thrust to see the Lich's island.

end session.

MidgetMarine
2017-09-15, 01:05 PM
First session of a new campaign.
Level 6.

I offended a rival noble early on in the session so he hired mercenaries to try and kill us.
This led to a disagreement between my LE warlock and the LG Paladin on whether or not I should be firing Eldritch Blasts at retreating enemies that have realized they're outmatched.
We also accidentally burned down several hundred acres of farmland and a town by busting an illegal weapons shipment we came across which resulted in a vat of Alchemical fire being busted open by the Druid by accident during the ensuing fight.

We play again tomorrow, should be interesting.

Dudewithknives
2017-09-15, 01:33 PM
Last session went very well.

2 sessions ago
Our party was being hunted down by people on 2 ships.
I had the background pirate, thus I knew ships very well and how to disable them
We had some HUGE explosives with us. So I dove off our boat and popped up on a tiny sand bar with the explosives ready to take one for the team.
The party continued on their own boat to make a getaway.
I had 60HP max, 17 Temporary HP at the time, and engaged an ability that gave me resistance. (The explosive was not fire based so it was considered bludgeoning damage)

The DM said the explosion did 250Hp of damage, and said he did not expect that and that I could come back at the same level with my new character.
However I pointed out something...
Resistance cut it to 125.
17 taken from THP
That left me taking 108 damage.
60 of it would have knocked me out, but I was a Half-Orc, so the left over 48 damage was not enough to kill me outright so I ended up with 1HP.

However, the rest of the party saw the explosion as they were fleeing on a boat and were far ahead of me.

I pieced together a raft from he recharge thanks to my pirate background and training in water vehicles, and rowed after them after being a day behind.

I made a new character and for the next game because my normal character was a whole session behind them.
I got with the DM and made a Villain PC to infiltrate the group and turn on them.
The session went on and my new PC (Half elf, raven queen warlock) was a total A-Hole to the rest of the party and was just plain creepy anyway.
The session ended when my character was about to jump the party after a resource draining fight that he did not spend any spells on.

This session:
My warlock, villain PC attacked the group and was going to use hit and run tactics to kill them.
He managed to down but not kill one of them and hurt the other 2 but he decided to make a run for it and come back.
He just rounded the corner when the party say a large green arm trip him from around the corner and my Pirate literally face dragged him across a spike growthed cave floor, back to the party.
Exchanges were made, warlocks were ground to death, and party cheer was renewed as we entered the dungeon.

UrielAwakened
2017-09-15, 01:36 PM
I'm hosting an ongoing pick-up game with 100 one-shot dungeons, each with its own theme.

We did level 2 this week. It was a cave where all vision (darkvision included) was limited to 20 feet.

They finally found the boss, a giant monster that looked like the thing from Alien almost, complete with heat vision and acidic saliva. It hunted them, burrowing in the ground, casting darkness, and then attacking anything it could detect that gave off a heat signature. Eventually they brought it down by it knocked four of the eight PCs unconscious or to single-digit hit points before it went down.

Big Papa Turnip
2017-09-15, 02:16 PM
Well, we don't play until Sunday. Session is supposed to go from noon to 5pm.

However, I predict Jeff will show up late. With a sandwich. And he'll ask us to wait because he doesn't like to play while he eats. So, if we're lucky, we'll start by 1pm. We'll get a solid couple of hours of game time in, and at around 3:30 Jeff will firmly remind us that we need to finish "soon" because he has dinner plans. He'll remind us again every twenty minutes before we all finally get frustrated and end the session at 4:30.

"What time is your date, Jeff?" someone asks.

"Six." says Jeff.

And we'll go through the whole song and dance again next week.

KorvinStarmast
2017-09-15, 02:20 PM
My game on Monday night started so well. I got home just in time to cut the grass as darkness fell, and barely got the equipment put away in time to log on to Roll20 and Discord to meet with the DM and the first player on. Then another player came on. We reviewed the mess we were in (previous session had ended in mid battle, RL does that to adults) and then ..., she came on. (The highest level character in our group, and a very capable character she is). And then the other 3 players didn't. The group's RoE is no less than 4 to continue the mission, so, the game ended before it started.

Drat. RL interfering with our game!!!! :smallmad::smallfurious::smalleek:

Joe the Rat
2017-09-15, 02:28 PM
Northlands, my continuing Roll20 campaign (sandbox plotting and plug-and-play adventures).
We're about a third into White Plume Mountain. Party of 8, 7-8th level, strange mix all around: Elf Fighter/Magic-User (yes, really), Polearm Monk with a Devil's Glaive, Dwarf Paladin, Dead Gnome Cleric/Artificer, Halfling Warlock, "I've got the best AC" duelist Fighter/Rogue/Warlock... and a Goblin Bard with an accordion. I've upgraded the "Big K" branding to make Keraptis an omnipresent awareness in the complex, and tied him culturally to another ancient undead boss previously encountered. (not defeated, encountered.)

Last time, a certain goblin bard shattered part of Keraptis' aquariums, setting the entire menagerie on the party.

This week opened with a round of "Whale Taco Foodtruck?" from players who missed the end of the last session, and the awarding of a few "Get out of Death Free" tokens for some convention-related support. The party continued clean-up. Sleet Storm was the AOE MVP for the players, slowing and restricting creatures (yay), and turning some of the flowing water into passable ramps (oops?). Some serious cleanup, and a little negotiation with some irate Manticores got them through with no PC casualties.

After a short rest barricaded in a dead end hallway, The party discovers a prisoner - who happens to look exactly like the Halfling Warlock's long lost baby brother (whom I played in a prior campaign that includes several of the current players). Same character art/token, even.
My Keraptis can do a little mind reading when people sleep, and transmitted the images to Qesnef to help him screw with the party. During discussion, I dropped a few hints at things in the room not being to halfling scale, and a little verbal slip screwing up the timeline opened up the fight.
The players disarmed the Oni and retreated into the hall, which kept them from getting ambushed in the dark, but lined things up nicely for a cone of cold.
Really, it was a pretty one-sided battle in favor of the players, thanks to smart strategy. I did manage to drop the Warlock and Monk in one go thanks to an unexpected ability. Between cleric, bard, and paladin, there was barely one death save between the two of them before they were revived. Sad DM.

Mrs. the Rat was not happy about having her favorite Warlock taken out.

They looted the room (including the carpets. They always take the carpets), and discovered the surprisingly casual hiding place of the first of their goals, the magic sword Moonglum.

xroads
2017-09-15, 03:11 PM
My game went great. We started a short module where I got to play an evoker wizard for the first time. The battlefield was cluttered with minions. So I got to let loose by spamming point blank fireballs.

My teammates did a great job of keeping aggro off of me while cleaving through the survivors. And I was able to counter spell most of the enemy fireballs. The whole affair went like clockwork.

But the MVP award goes to our sorcerer. He managed to counter spell a power word kill spell tossed at our badly wounded paladin!

grumbaki
2017-09-15, 03:54 PM
Fought 1 enemy. The fight ended before my character had a chance to act. At which point we had no more use for figs or maps, as the rest of the session was pure talking and diplomacy. Sadly, 2 of our players had to leave earlier. One due to sickness, and the other to give her a ride.

It's pretty par for course in the campaign I'm in right now for there to be 1 fight per session, and the rest being talky.

Finieous
2017-09-15, 04:10 PM
I'm adapting some adventure locations around Ardeep Forest from Scourge of the Sword Coast to fill out the early levels of SKT. The PCs had discovered that the Ear-Seeker orcs were just one clan of the Iceshield tribe, which was using the ruins of Harpshield Castle as a base. They infiltrated the dungeon level below the castle via the grick warrens and discovered a map labeled in Orcish and Giant showing a major expansion of the "Iceshield Lands" from the western verge of the High Forest south and west almost to the coast. The map also featured a settlement called Grudd Haug identified with the rune for "Hill Giant."

The PCs defeated the orc-wight chief and the shaman (booming blade plus cloud of daggers puts an orc in a bad spot), driving the rest of the orcs out of the ruins, then returned to Nightstone. They'll get some downtime, and since they're a traveling carnival troupe, they plan to put on a show before the next threat to the town presents itself.

ImproperJustice
2017-09-15, 04:15 PM
We've been exploring the Forge of Fury and last week we were attacked by an assortmamt of animated objects including statues, suits of armor, a display stand, and a rug which reduced my Ranger to 0hp namely die to my allies beating the rug while said Ranger was still inside.

The highlight was the killer table. It wasn't difficult but the sheer number of jokes it generated. It critted our fighter which lead to exclamations of run for your life! It's a critical hit table.

This was followed by raucous discussions of various magical table variants, such as the wandering monster table, random looting table, and social encounter table (summons various guests) and the variant damage table.

In some places, they fear the character generation table which spawns legions of evil PCs.

ZorroGames
2017-09-15, 04:30 PM
Early Chult - with 7 PCs in our party (up the encounter time) my Dwf Wizard character slept our (yes, our,) Dwarf Monk and was downed twice by a giant poisonous snake during first conflict of the night. Damn drunk faction agent screwed the pooch and we were bamboozled, ambushed, and hard pressed. We won but not exactly a text book worthy course material win.

The Evil baddie seems to take my bumbling wizardly performance personally (bad for the image of the profession type personal.)

Only 100 xp, started at 0, as I swapped out characters from last session.

The Ship's dog
2017-09-15, 04:40 PM
Well, after I had been reminding people of it for 2 weeks because this is a really important session where we need everyone, one of the players bailed on me. It was really frustrating because their excuse was 'Oh but I haven't been doing enough study lately'

Then I had to re-schedule the session until after the exams (which is in a month's time) because a bunch of other people caved with the same excuse. Then I said
'Ok, why don't people come over for board games or something?'

Guess what, I waited until 1300 hours and noone came. I eventually went for a walk and swam in the local river.

Yaaaaaaay.....

Findulidas
2017-09-15, 04:41 PM
It was alright. Probably one of the worst I had with this DM so far, but that doesnt mean it was bad. We made our characters (I had already made mine in advance due to possibly being late). We then had some exposition delivered to us and then RPed around for a bit. It was the first session of a new campaign that wasnt yet fully planned so it was alright.

There will almost undoubtlebly happen more next time though. Last session ended with us walking into a town and having one of the PC characters thats going to join next session about to be publically executed for witchcraft and unregistrered use of magic. Im not entirely sure if my character is practicing authorized magic either, he probably doesnt care if its not?

Hrugner
2017-09-15, 04:51 PM
My players botched a self directed assassination and infiltration attempt and ended up massacring a good chunk of the enemy force in a standup fight. It was touch and go, I worked in a bit of comedy here and there to keep it light. And they managed to see what was going on a little better so that they no longer think it's just chaos.

It went better than I hoped honestly. I was worried they'd just swing blind until I handed them a story.

Dimers
2017-09-15, 05:15 PM
Lots of good RP this past week, and in one game, we had fresh corpses blow up at us and then start attacking us as gooey masses. Gotta love enemy necromancers! :smallbiggrin:

CaptainSarathai
2017-09-15, 07:43 PM
My Adventures in Avalon campaign had the party heading into a get forest that has been corrupted by a dark power.

A magical axe was thrown into a sacred tree at the heart of the forest, and the tree has gained immortality but is eternally wounded. Pain and time have driven it mad, and it hates all life not native to the forest. It has called out to a Fey Lord who was experiencing a great grief, and in his weakness it seduced him. In doing so, the tree mated its will to a living body, which could speak for it and carry its message forward. It has gathered and army of Dryads, Centaurs, Blights, and a few mad elves to it's cause.
The growing power of the tree has frozen time in the forest, so that the season hangs balanced between the wild summer court, and wicked and cruel winter court. Neither are allied with the tree, but the winter court hunts the Summer Court for slaves and sport.

Coming off of the party being silly, capturing raccoons and so forth, this session was a bit more grim. They followed the trail of a missing logging party in forest, and found that the loggers' corpses had been offered as fertilizer to an Awakened Tree. They were attacked not only by the Tree, but also several swarms of Ravens who were roosting in its branches.

Entering the Fey realm involved crossing a bridge over a very small stream. It was an easy but entertaining puzzle - those who stepped over the stream would disappear from the view of those who crossed the bridge, and vise-versa. The bridge was the "gateway" into the Fey realm.

Venturing into the forest they found a young elf (aged as a 15yo human) who was obviously a runaway and living alone in very dangerous woods. She spoke Sylvan, whereas the closest language the party spoke was Elven. They pieced together her name was Noruin, and that she was fleeing her own people. It was a fun RP experience, as they had to find non-verbal ways to communicate most ideas.
She offered them some food from her realm, and one player failed his save and grew bark-skin.
Eventually they were rewarded (and got some DAM help) when she led them to a tree bearing strange fruit. She bit the fruit, and then offered a PC a bite, and then they could understand each other in their own native tongues. The whole group partook.

Able to speak, she related that her tribe, the Daylight Court, scarred their children when they came of age, because the Midnight Court stole "the beautiful ones." Facial scars made them undesirable, offering them protection from being stolen.
I tried to hook the party in to returning her to her tribe, and fighting the Midnight Court for her safety. Instead, they followed her wishes and are attempting to take her with them out of the Feywild, into a world terrified of Fey and where it seems nobody can speak her language.
Then, they're gonna go back into the woods with an entire army to sort the mess out.

Essentially, my animal-loving Murder Hobos found an emotional, teenaged runaway, and decided that the best course of action was to adopt her and aid her flight. Then go back with an army and burn her old house down.

I love my players (not sarcasm)

Sariel Vailo
2017-09-15, 08:42 PM
Ptsd drow bladesinger entertainer i killed a drow who was on the surface. I sing i dance i prance and cast spells i kill my kind and explode heads.

MrConsideration
2017-09-16, 12:28 PM
I had a great last session!

I trialled an "all speech at the table is in character" approach with designated breaks, and it really pushed up the quality of the RP, engagement and retention of in-universe information. I'd heartily recommend it.

I got to use the Haunting and Exorcism rules I wrote two years ago at last, in an encounter where the party's ship was possessed by ghosts intent on reenacting their own tragic shipwreck - and the players loved it! They definitely want similar encounters in future parts of the setting, but I think I'll space them out a lot more.

My players fought their first dragon, and it was hugely disappointing. The dragon low-balled initiative, and ate three crits before even making an action. They scalped the poor lizard in less than thirty seconds. As a DM, next time I see a big-boss dragon-style monster, I'll use the variant where it takes a turn between every one of the players. The 200 HP of an Adult White Dragon can't stand being hit by critical hit smites.

Now my party have reached a whole new continent, and are hunting a former PC hidden somewhere in those hexes...

jaappleton
2017-09-16, 12:30 PM
I unfortunately had to miss my session, because I'd only slept a couple hours over the last few days. Finally managed to catch 8 hours of sleep for the first time in awhile and I woke up feeling amazing.

Thisguy_
2017-09-16, 03:38 PM
We're doing the Storm King's Thunder module, and we've just recently FINALLY moved the main story along a bit after getting to level 8. Unfortunately, one of the people that leveled up last session didn't remember to level up his character (oops, that was me) and the DM needed a little extra time to get his **** together. However, we DID fight some barbarians in a hallway.

Our cleric saved against a Bestow Curse, and being the manager of **** moves in combat that he is, our wizard (that's me) used HIS bestow curse not to curse the caster himself, but to dig up her own curse and curse her with it. So that was pretty cool.

We basically only got off one combat, though, and that took quite some time (we like to RP. Read: waste time).

Zman
2017-09-16, 05:11 PM
Just finished our session 15min ago, and it was pretty stellar.

Started with returning of some poor duped townfolk. A dozen of them were paid to help a man named Drovakin and his two bodyguard reach the darkflow at the heart of the vast swamp. Well, he negotiated trading them as sacrifices to the lizardfolk for a guide and introduction to the black dragon that lived at the heart of the darkflow.

The party saved the six still living townsfolk last session, and only one died in the retreat. So, they returned the five townsfolk, but the brother of a boy they went to save was among the dead(randomly rolled and the one that died retreating).

Anyway, they deduce where the Drovakin will likely be going once he leaves the swamp and head him off. They run into a swarm of giant cultures in the plans west of the swamp and dispatch them easily enough. They confront the Drovakin, or Dragon speaker, and when parley breaks down it smashes an earth Elemental gem. The defeat the Elemental and engage the Drovakin and his guard who are psuedo paladins, and the drovakin is a nasty spell caster. It's a bloody fight, resources are expended, one character is on the ground dying and the party is eventually victorious. Slow really taking two party members out of the fight was devastating.

It was a great session, it advanced the storyline, opened up more options and avenues to explore, and was all around great fun. Mechanically were running my houserules and they were really hitting on all calendars. They were selecting feats under my E10 and man the number of viable options they are stuck on was great.

Bloodcloud
2017-09-16, 05:42 PM
Dmed a fight against a coven of hags. Really fun! Worked well, although my night hag got killed by a smite crit, and i had plans for it. Ah well, i'll figure something, i'm used to it. Playerd got a bad ending on the myconids and are now kobolds heros.

VisionsOfGlory
2017-09-17, 07:02 AM
My character got married because my PCs father decided he wanted an alliance with the Goliaths. I regret agreeing to be some wood elf princess.

My character then tried to kill her new husband a grand total of six times, then he got struck down in a fight and being the party Cleric I had to heal him :smallfrown: