PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed The Ordaned Champion and buying back Spontaneous Healing (3.5)

Dhx711
2017-09-14, 09:15 AM
I have a 3rd level cleric that i plan to pick up the Ordained Champion with. My question is after the first level of ordaned champion when i lose spontaneous healing is there anything stopping me (RAW) from taking the Spontaneous Healer feat to buy it back? Would this allow me to then spontaneously cast either healing and war domain spells as i choose?

Nifft
2017-09-14, 09:31 AM
I think you can do exactly that, yes.

However I probably wouldn't do that, since a wand of lesser vigor is relatively cheap and much more reliable for between-combat healing.

Dhx711
2017-09-14, 06:49 PM

However I probably wouldn't do that, since a wand of lesser vigor is relatively cheap and much more reliable for between-combat healing.

Awesome. Thanks for the Wand Tip as well. I'll be the only cleric in a party of seven so i'll need all the help I can get.

T.G. Oskar
2017-09-14, 07:21 PM

Spontaneous Healing is still useful if OP gets 5th level or higher spells, as while those will be consumed for better spells, you can replace unused spell slots in an emergency for Mass CW spells, which are stronger and affect more people. Wand of Lesser Vigor is great for out-of-combat healing, but you may still need emergency healing in case something unexpected happens (critical hits happen, and waiting for the battle to be over just because you think spell X will end the battle, only to realize spell X failed and now it's one ally killed, for example). Since Spontaneous Healing has limited uses (based off Wisdom modifier), you're only gonna use it for emergencies, so make of that as you will.