PDA

View Full Version : Druid with ritual caster feat

Doomwhispo
2017-09-14, 10:42 AM
Lets say im a druid,i take the feat and choose a couple of rituals from the wizzard list. Am i now also able to write down the ritual spells i know as a druid? Essentially not needing to.prepare them anymore? I would justneed to.prepare them once, spend the gold to copy them in the book, and then i can cast rhem freely, in addition after slaying any wizz i can add thoos rituals as wel from the wizzards book?
Is this correct?

hymer
2017-09-14, 11:15 AM
Lets say im a druid,i take the feat and choose a couple of rituals from the wizzard list. Am i now also able to write down the ritual spells i know as a druid? Essentially not needing to.prepare them anymore? I would justneed to.prepare them once, spend the gold to copy them in the book, and then i can cast rhem freely, in addition after slaying any wizz i can add thoos rituals as wel from the wizzards book?
Is this correct?

No. The feat allows you ritual spells from one class, and you didn't pick druid. You can't add other classes' ritual spells in your ritual book. Additionally, you must find the spell in written form to copy it into your ritual book. Wizards will find their own spells in written form in their spellbooks (and won't need the feat to cast them as rituals without preparing them), but druids don't write their spells down in that fashion.

DarkKnightJin
2017-09-14, 11:46 AM
Why would you grab the Ritual Caster feat when Druid can cast their spells as rituals from the start?
Same with Clerics and Wizards.

smcmike
2017-09-14, 11:52 AM
Why would you grab the Ritual Caster feat when Druid can cast their spells as rituals from the start?

In order to cast wizard-exclusive rituals.

nickl_2000
2017-09-14, 11:59 AM

Also, for a Druid or Cleric to cast the ritual spell they still have to have it prepared. The ritual books lets you cast it without being prepared

Doomwhispo
2017-09-14, 12:13 PM
Also, for a Druid or Cleric to cast the ritual spell they still have to have it prepared. The ritual books lets you cast it without being prepared

Yes this is the main reason.
So i cant just write down the spells.i know in the book? That doesnt make much sense

Findulidas
2017-09-14, 12:16 PM
Yes this is the main reason.
So i cant just write down the spells.i know in the book? That doesnt make much sense

There are a lot of dnd magic that doesnt make sense. Possibly due to balance.

Doomwhispo
2017-09-14, 12:16 PM
No. The feat allows you ritual spells from one class, and you didn't pick druid. You can't add other classes' ritual spells in your ritual book. Additionally, you must find the spell in written form to copy it into your ritual book. Wizards will find their own spells in written form in their spellbooks (and won't need the feat to cast them as rituals without preparing them), but druids don't write their spells down in that fashion.
But beeing a druid myself what is stopping.me from writing down the spells i know in the rituals book?
So basically Youre saying i would have to pick my own class. In wich case if i pick druid, than i could write down the spells.i prepared and not.need to prepare them the day after?

nickl_2000
2017-09-14, 12:22 PM
But beeing a druid myself what is stopping.me from writing down the spells i know in the rituals book?
So basically Youre saying i would have to pick my own class. In wich case if i pick druid, than i could write down the spells.i prepared and not.need to prepare them the day after?

What's stopping you is that you can't cast Druid spells from a Wizard's ritual book based on the class abilities and feat, that's RAW. Talk to your DM about it and see if the rule can be changed, it doesn't seem that much of an imbalance considering you are spending a feat on it.

dejarnjc
2017-09-14, 12:26 PM
Can't you just scribe scrolls of the druid ritual spells that you know and then copy from scroll into the ritual book? Seems simple although it does put a damper on the few higher level rituals.