PDA

View Full Version : Portent Vs. Portent

Pex
2017-09-14, 07:59 PM
What happens when two or more Diviners want to use their Portent ability on the same die roll?

90sMusic
2017-09-14, 08:07 PM
"You can replace any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check made by you or a creature that you can see with one of these foretelling rolls. You must choose to do so before the roll, and you can replace a roll in this way only once per turn."

I would say, based on the text, the first person to use the ability would be able to replace the roll with his portent roll. The second person attempting to do so would be unable to because the ability only replaces the original roll, which was already replaced and is gone. You can't replace a portent roll with a second portent roll.

That is how i'd rule it. First come, first serve.

Easy_Lee
2017-09-14, 08:28 PM
"You can replace any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check made by you or a creature that you can see with one of these foretelling rolls. You must choose to do so before the roll, and you can replace a roll in this way only once per turn."

I would say, based on the text, the first person to use the ability would be able to replace the roll with his portent roll. The second person attempting to do so would be unable to because the ability only replaces the original roll, which was already replaced and is gone. You can't replace a portent roll with a second portent roll.

That is how i'd rule it. First come, first serve.

Makes sense to me.