PDA

View Full Version : dwarven kings axe

markyboy156
2017-09-15, 02:40 AM
hi all

ive noticed on the internet that theres a relic in 3.5 edition called the axe of the dwarvish lords i have found the abilities and background for this axe on the internet

but what im after is the relic 3.5 edition and 5th edition d&d relic axe of the dwarven kings
some people on the internet says it exists on the internet but i cant find background
and the special powers that the axe has
does anybody have any background and a list of the special powers it has please
and post it here for me please

if no body can find any info could somebody please make me a background on the axe
and a list of special powers it has as well please thank you kindly

Thurbane
2017-09-16, 04:27 PM
Wow, I could have sworn there were official 3E stats for The Axe of the Dwarvish Lords in either the DMG or Arms & Equipment guide, but I'm struggling to find it now.

List of Artifacts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?500598)

Ah, found it: Epic Level Handbook (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/artifacts.htm)!

Axe of the Dwarvish Lords
This is a +6 keen throwing goblinoid bane dwarven waraxe. Any dwarf who holds it doubles the range of his or her darkvision. Any nondwarf who grasps the Axe takes 2 points of temporary Charisma damage; these points cannot be healed or restored in any way while the Axe is held. The current owner of the Axe gains a +10 bonus on Craft (armorsmithing, blacksmithing, gemcutting, stonemasonry, and weaponsmithing) checks. The wielder of the Axe can summon an elder earth elemental (as summon monster IX; duration 20 rounds) once per week.

...as for an "Axe of the Dwarvish Kings", I've never heard of such an item, and I've been playing since 1E. I've not really tried 4E or 5E, unless it's a new item from there? The only mentions of it I can find and your queries on other D&D related forums. I strongly suspect that it is the Axe of the Dwarvish Lords that you are thinking of.

The next closest I can think of is the Axe of Ancestral Virtue (MIC p.46) [relic]; this is not an artifact level item. There's also The Axe of Shards (A&EG p.99), Standard of Ulek (A&EG p.119) and Whisperblade (A&EG p.123) but none of these are unique items.

How about this:

Axe of the Dwarven Kings
Adamantine +5 Defending Everbright Magebane Prismatic Burst Terran Sundering Dwarven Waraxe
Lawful Neutral; Int 19 Wis 19 Cha 10; Common, Celestial, Dwarven, Giant, Terran; 10 ranks in Knowledge (history), zone of truth 3/day, daze monster 3/day, locate object 3/day; cause fear in an enemy at will, lesser globe of invulnerability 1/day, can create magic circle against chaos at will; special purpose - defeat/slay giants; dedicated power - wielder gets +2 luck bonus on attacks, saves, and checks; ego - 31.