PDA

View Full Version : Fanclubs?

Gearsmith
2007-08-13, 10:43 AM
Hey, I've been seeing thousands, millions - well, several - people with Sigs' noting they're a memebr of X or Y Fanclub. Is there a section of the site for such, or is this just random?

(There was no way to post this in non-Newb English. Sigh.)

Thanks,
Gears.

Mr_Saturn
2007-08-13, 10:55 AM
Hey, I've been seeing thousands, millions - well, several - people with Sigs' noting they're a memebr of X or Y Fanclub. Is there a section of the site for such, or is this just random?

(There was no way to post this in non-Newb English. Sigh.)

Thanks,
Gears.

Nah, I think its more like a way to say you like a certain character. I remember some people organizing special fanclubs, but there was never a section of a forum especially for it. Things passed by word of mouth and such.

Azrael
2007-08-13, 11:59 AM
Right now, just remember: Only you can prevent forest fires.

... or fan clubs.

Gaelbert
2007-08-13, 12:22 PM
I think the official threads for fanclubs are in the Silly Message Board Games section, but I think most of them are at least past the third page now. If you want to join a fanclub, basically all you have to do is put a funny rank title in your sig for the fanclub and your in, I think.

Green Bean
2007-08-13, 12:27 PM
Back in the hey-day of fanclubs, there were dozens of them populating the OotS forums. Eventually, they went too far, becoming havens for spamming "ZOMG Belkar is teh awesome!" and branching out into increasingly obscure areas of the comic (I remember whipping up a smiley for the 'ninja waitress' fanclub). So, the moderators decided that rather than delete them, they'd move them to the Silly Message Board Games board where they'd run free and graze amongst its looser environs like nature intended.

iamkoolerthanu
2007-08-22, 09:26 AM
Ah, yes, clan/clubs. I remember those days. El Clano still rules them all!

*Ahem, umm, I mean, yes, those where a long time ago, and I do not know how to join them. Probably just put something in your sig, although that was already said...