PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Kelaunai (race and feats; by request for khadgar567)

rferries
2017-09-15, 05:38 AM
I'm not going to touch the vestige or spheres of power stuff, khadgar567, hope you like the rest of it.

Kelaunai
[Google a picture of Paimon from Magi: The Labyrinth if you want to know what they look like:sabine:]

Kelaunai are a subrace of elf, bound to the vestige of a djinn known as Paimon the Queen of Lust. Kelaunai resemble high elves save that they have azure skin and have a supernatural affinity for the wind - it answers their call, and always surrounds them, gently stirring their hair with an eternal breeze. Additionally, from birth their bodies bear piercings (as if for jewelry), though the number and location of piercings varies from individual to individual.

Racial Traits
These traits are in addition to the high elf traits, except where noted.

+2 Dexterity, +4 Charisma, -2 Constitution: Kelaunai are not only agile, but known for their beauty and seductive natures. These adjustments replace the high elf’s ability score adjustments.

Humanoid (Air, Elf): Kelaunai are humanoids with the air and elf subtypes.

Allure (Ex): Kelaunai are extremely pleasant company. They gain a bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy checks equal to one-third their character level whenever they interact with humanoids.

Blessing of the Wind (Sp): As a standard action, a kelaunai can cause the wind to move at her beck and call. This functions as control winds (caster level = character level), save that it functions for a number of rounds equal to the kelaunai's Charisma modifier (minimum 1). Whenever a kelaunai uses this power, she may not use it again for 5 rounds.

Daughter of Paimon (Su): If the kelaunai binds Paimon, she gains the form of this ability granted through Paimon and treats her binder level as 1 higher for the purpose of determining the number of rounds it can be used. (whatever that means :smallbiggrin:)

Kelunai Grace (Su): A kelunai adds her Charisma bonus as a deflection bonus to her Armour Class.

Telepathy (Su): A kelunai is able to mentally communicate with any creature within 60 feet with whom she shares a language.

Automatic Languages: Auran, Common, and Elven. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Celestial, Ignan, and Sylvan. This trait replaces the high elf’s automatic and bonus languages.

Favoured Class: Binder

Level Adjustment: +1

Racial Feats
Air Dominion
Your power over the winds has increased.

Prerequisites
Kelaunai, character level 6th.

Benefits
You gain a fly speed of 40 feet with perfect maneuverability.

Improved Air Dominion
Your power over the winds has greatly increased.

Prerequisites
Kelaunai, Air Dominion, character level 9th.

Benefits
Your Blessing of the Winds ability lasts for as long as you concentrate on it. Whenever you use that power, you need wait only 1d4 rounds before you use it again.

You gain the alternate form and whirlwind blast abilities of a bralani (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/bralani.htm).

Greater Air Dominion
Your power over the winds has reached its peak.

Prerequisites
Kelaunai, Air Dominion, Improved Air Dominion, character level 12th.

Benefits
You may use control winds as a spell-like ability at will.

You may transform yourself into a whirlwind as an air elemental (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/elemental.htm#airElemental) of your Hit Dice.

Djinni Grace
Your djinni blood grants you supernatural protection.

Prerequisites
Kelaunai, Charisma 12, character level 6th, non-lawful alignment.

Benefits
You gain a bonus on all your saving throws equal to your Charisma modifier.

Third Eye
Your bear the sigil of a third eye on your brow, granting you mystic insight.

Prerequisites
Kelaunai

Benefits
You gain a bonus on Sense Motive checks equal to your Charisma modifier plus one-half your character level.

You gain a +1 bonus to your caster level when casting divination spells.

khadgar567
2017-09-15, 10:54 AM
correct me if i wrong mate but i ask you to brew some feats not ask you to brew LA +1 variant of same race and they look exactly like elf with out blue skin thats just their patron godess looks like
ow if any one wants the LA 0 version of the race and their vestige godess here is the non rferries version of the race
Kelunai
Barely covered bysilk and piercing, the elf sauntersforth. Though indoors a breeze begins to pick up as she approaches, urging tocome near.

Kelaunai are asubrace of elf, tied from birth to the vestige of a djinn known as paimon thequeen of lust.
Kelaunai appear likeelf overall, but they share a few traits that separate them from the rest oftheir kin; The wind answers to their call wherever they go, more often than notdrawing other towards them and causing their hair to move gently from an eternalbreeze. Additionally, from birth their bodies bare holes as if pierced inmultiple places, though the number and location varies from individual toindividual.

Racial Traits
Kelaunai have allthe elven racial traits except as follows;
+2 Dexterity, +4Charisma, -2 Constitution. Kelaunai are not only agile, but known for theirbeauty and seductive natures.
Blessingof the Wind: As a standard action, a kelaun can causethe wind to move at her beck and call. This functions as Control Winds, exceptit functions for cha mod rounds. This ability, once used may not be usedagain for 5 rounds. If the kelaunai binds paimon, she gains the form of this ability granted throughpaimon and treats her binder level as 1 higher for the purpose of determiningthe number of rounds it can be used. Kelaunai do not gain the elves's standard spell-like abilities.
Kelunai grace: kelunai adds hercharisma bonus to her AC
Limited Telepathy A kelunai is able to mentally communicate withany creature within 60 feet with whom she shares a language. Otherwise thisability is identical to the telepathy ability.

and here is the vestige kelunai worships

Paimon queenof lust
Legend one thefavorite concubine of forgotten king, helping him in any way she can until theworld destroyed her king in desperate attempt cast their concourses to in tovoid where her broken soul become vestige she is to day
paimonthe queen of lust
Sign binder bindersbody become utterly perfect for their race
Manifestation scantily clad blue skinned elven dancerappears out of smoke wearing array of jewelry instead of common clothes
Influence bindercan't wear armor as long as binds paimon
Special requirementbinder must be female
Granted abilities

Aura of lust every creature within 30 ft of you takes -4+binder level penalty on attack rolls, checks, saves, and weapon damage rolls. You can activate or suppress this ability as swift action. Aura of lust is mind effecting ability
Garments of seductress while binding paimon you add your binder level and your charisma bonus to your ac
Essence of paimon binder gets charisma bonus equal to his binder level for all charisma based skills
Secrets of the old world paimon shows you the secret nuances of magic you never knew while binding paimon you gain ability to cast sphere magic( spheres of power) your sphere caster level is equal to your binder level and you gain talents equal to your binder class levels

rferries
2017-09-15, 04:43 PM
Right, sorry if I went overboard then, I just thought I'd clean up the material you sent. How do you like the feats? I admit I was a bit stymied by what powers to give them, so I just stuck with "air".

khadgar567
2017-09-16, 01:27 AM
Feats are good but know i need to replace the grace with some thing so they dont get twice the charisma to ac may be humanoid empaty so they can get more social then regular elves

rferries
2017-09-16, 02:10 AM
Feats are good but know i need to replace the grace with some thing so they dont get twice the charisma to ac may be humanoid empaty so they can get more social then regular elves

I already took the AC thing into account, Djinni grace only affects saving throws now.

"Humanoid Empathy" would be much more powerful than Air Empathy, as most social encounters will be with humanoids. I've revised it to Allure.

khadgar567
2017-09-16, 02:30 AM
I already took the AC thing into account, Djinni grace only affects saving throws now.

"Humanoid Empathy" would be much more powerful than Air Empathy, as most social encounters will be with humanoids. I've revised it to Allure.
then whats the idea about friendlier elves because i am drawing blank right know

rferries
2017-09-16, 02:58 AM
Allure should be good, helps you "seduce" an NPC but isn't so powerful that you can afford to neglect ranks in Bluff/Diplomacy.

khadgar567
2017-09-16, 03:46 AM
Allure should be good, helps you "seduce" an NPC but isn't so powerful that you can afford to neglect ranks in Bluff/Diplomacy.
you know you might be right since thaks to vestige kelunai gets +20 bonus at 20th level it might be enough thanks for feats lets see how peach shows us