PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Looking for an idea on a portal location.

Oryan77
2017-09-15, 10:17 AM
I'm having a real creative brain fart. I created a one-way portal that will dump PCs in the D&D Planescape city Sigil. Problem is, I can't think of a good/creative portal exit into the city. So I'm looking for help to brainstorm this particular portal.

Here is how the portal works so far:

The portal is the gallows in a city located in the Elemental Plane of Air. It contains 8 nooses hung over 8 trapdoors. The key to activate the one-way portal is to be hung from a noose and dropped into a trapdoor while laughing out loud as you fall. You must also be holding onto a love letter that you wrote yourself, which disappears after you fall into the active portal located in the trapdoor. How you accomplish this is up to the person. You don't need to be sentenced to death by hanging, and the love letter can be a confession of love to anything you want. If a person thinks that he must commit a crime and hope that he is sentenced to death by hanging, so be it. That's the hard way to go about it though.

So now I need a clever exit portal in Sigil that has the ability to dump as many as 8 people. I'm trying to think of something that is not so cliche, but my mind is wandering too much. If it helps give some ideas, it would be nice if the portal exists in the Lower Ward or bordering Lady's Ward but that's not necessary.

Thanks.