PDA

View Full Version : Tempest Cleric-Storm Sorcerer with Lore master Wizard, Spells & Feats choices?

Degwerks
2017-09-15, 07:39 PM
Thinking of a build for fun down the road with using at least 2 levels of Lore Master Wizard to change spell damage types to Lightning & Thunder. Probably going 9 Tempest Cleric and 9 levels in Storm Sorcerer. Focusing all my damage dealing spells on the Sorcerer list, except for Destructive Wave from my Cleric Domain.

Charisma will most likely be my Main stat I'll use for any Save or Suck & Damage spells, so I'll leave those choices to my Sorcerer spell list. Destructive Wave is pretty cool and if/when I use it, I'll be sure to use my Tempest Channel Divinity to make the rolls all Max damage and use Lore Master to change it all to lightning or thunder. My wisdom won't be a high stat, so if they do make their saving throw at least the damage will be fairly significant on a success.

Since I can change the damage type of any spell I cast to whatever I want (stupid OP), I should only need a few damage spells and the rest Utility types. Wizard spells known I'll take Magic Missile for sure. Cleric I think the only one I want is Destructive Wave, however a maxed out Inflict Wounds with Channel Divinity and changed to Lightning/Thunder with Lore Master would be crazy in a 9th level slot.
Sorcerer picks would most likely be based on riders, area of effect, or direct damage and number of targets. I like Burning Hands or Chromatic Orb, Scorching Ray, Fireball and Ice Knife usually when playing a Sorcerer. I'll be limited to 5th level choices though so maybe at most 4 damage spells from Sorcerer, maybe 1-2 of levels 1st - 3rd.

Elemental Bane would be a great spell to have but it's unavailable for Sorcerer's and Clerics. Hex would be great combined with Scorching Ray but...

Plan on taking Warcaster (starting with Sorcerer for Con prof.) and that feat that lets you overcome someones energy resistance and choose lightning. Will max my CHA as soon as I can. Would like to be a Tiefling to get Resist Fire and then have 3 resists. But I know the Half-Elf would be the better race for this.

So looking for help on spell choices and feats and race for sure.

WickerNipple
2017-09-16, 07:05 AM
Probably going 9 Tempest Cleric and 9 levels in Storm Sorcerer.

You really wanna get stuck with just 5th level spells for your entire career?

Degwerks
2017-09-16, 07:30 AM
You really wanna get stuck with just 5th level spells for your entire career?

Yeah it's going to be a challenge for sure. I think the whole limited role in being stuck with the 5th level spells is what's drawing me to try it out. I will have the ability to upcast what I do have though and still have those 6 to 9th level slots to use.

WickerNipple
2017-09-16, 08:22 AM
Yeah it's going to be a challenge for sure. I think the whole limited role in being stuck with the 5th level spells is what's drawing me to try it out. I will have the ability to upcast what I do have though and still have those 6 to 9th level slots to use.

Heh "challenging" yourself with Lore Wizard. Sure. :)

Anyhoo, I don't see what going past Cleric 2 does for you in this case. You don't need it.

Degwerks
2017-09-16, 11:33 AM
Well I was trying to keep the theme going of Thunder & Lightning. Cleric 6 I believe gives me 2 channel divinity uses per short rest and when I do lightning damage I can push people 10 feet back. Cleric 9 will give me Destructive Wave also. The 8th level also gives me divine smite thunder 1d8 which nice but will not be used much.

Plus a lot of utility and healing spells.