PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [3.5] Looking For Favored Soul To Be Able To Prepare Spells

Thurbane
2017-09-16, 06:46 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking for a way for a Favored Soul to be able to prepare some or all of their spells, as they are normally completely spontaneous.

Arcane Preparation works for arcane casters. Only issue is that the character will not be human or elven, so Southern Magician and Magical Training aren't options. Dragon Magazine material (aside from compendium) is also excluded, so no Alternative Source Spell.

No Dragon Mag, Pathfinder or home-brew allowed.

Has to be RAW legal, no rule-0/house-rule/ask your DM options will be helpful. Assume it's for Iron Chef entry.

Cheers - T

Nifft
2017-09-16, 06:48 PM
Favored Soul 5 / Chameleon 10.

Boom.

GilesTheCleric
2017-09-16, 07:32 PM
I recall there being a feat (Human Heritage?) that allows you to racially count as a human for the purposes of feats, which might be a viable option. How many build resources do you have to devote to this?

Nifft
2017-09-16, 07:37 PM
Corrupt Arcana, from Heroes of Horror, allows you to prepare Corrupt spells.

To qualify, you need spontaneous arcane or spontaneous divine casting.

Thurbane
2017-09-16, 08:41 PM
Favored Soul 5 / Chameleon 10.

Boom.

Hmm, not going to work for the build I'm thinking of, class levels are already locked in.

I recall there being a feat (Human Heritage?) that allows you to racially count as a human for the purposes of feats, which might be a viable option. How many build resources do you have to devote to this?
Human Heritage may be a bit iffy on the race in question, but it might work.

Corrupt Arcana, from Heroes of Horror, allows you to prepare Corrupt spells.

To qualify, you need spontaneous arcane or spontaneous divine casting.
That sounds like a solid option: I'll look into it!