PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pseudo-Mythic Rules

EldritchWeaver
2017-09-17, 08:08 AM
I've read the mythic rulebook and my review can be summed up as "Nice try, but redo it completely!". Still I like the concept of the being infused with something which grants powers other people don't have. So how can I simulate having mythic abilities without completely breaking the game or creating encounters in which one side is wiped out in two rounds, please place your bet, which one?

legomaster00156
2017-09-17, 08:18 AM
One option would be temporarily granting particular Mythic abilities as appropriate for a particular encounter/quest. Another would be getting rid of Mythic, but giving the PC's Hero Points (which they may or may not be able to use on Mythic abilities they don't have).

EldritchWeaver
2017-09-17, 10:17 AM
I want to grant the PCs the powers permanently, so Hero Points is an option.

legomaster00156
2017-09-17, 10:25 AM
In that case, I suggest being liberal with the terms that grant Hero Points, especially if in a campaign centered around Mythic rules (such as WotR). In addition to the Hero Point at every level, I recommend giving one every time they would pass a Mythic trial otherwise, and also for just general awesome hero-ness.
Furthermore, I'd suggest giving the PC's a Mythic Surge ability, usable 3 times a day for no cost (using it more often requires expenditure of Hero Points). +1d6 to rolls is not as game-breaking as some abilities.

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-09-17, 02:02 PM
Add Mythic Surge and Hard to Kill as features to a Prestige Class or Base Class of their choice and pseudo-gestalt them from the level they gain their "mythic-adjacent" abilities. They don't need to qualify for the PrC.