PDA

View Full Version : Question: official races

Desteplo
2017-09-17, 09:29 AM
Tortle, UA, phb, EE, Volos. Any other sources with official or semi official (not homebrew or third party races)

nickl_2000
2017-09-17, 09:40 AM
Dmg and scag too

Naanomi
2017-09-17, 09:52 AM
Looks like DMs guild may get a few more with ' tortle approvement' in the near future as well?

DracoKnight
2017-09-17, 10:01 AM
Looks like DMs guild may get a few more with ' tortle approvement' in the near future as well?

I would be down for getting more racial splats via DMs Guild.

MrFahrenheit
2017-09-17, 10:51 AM
I only consider hardcopy, in-print published* races official. So DMG, SCAG, VGtM and PHB.

*I make an exception for the EE Player's Companion, since it's a PDF supporting a specific in print publication.

Drayelock
2017-09-17, 11:15 AM
Yeah you basically got it! All the official ones would be those put out in publication whether printed or not (PHB, DMG, EEPC, SCAG, Volo's, and the Tortle Package and the upcoming Xanathar's Guide).

The Unearthed Arcana provides a few more race options but I suppose that could be listed as "semi-official". They are put out by Wizards and they have a chance of being placed into a publication in the future but depending upon feedback or interest they may never see the light of day.

Naanomi
2017-09-17, 11:24 AM
I only consider hardcopy, in-print published* races official. So DMG, SCAG, VGtM and PHB.

*I make an exception for the EE Player's Companion, since it's a PDF supporting a specific in print publication.
I feel like we are moving increasingly towards entirely digital distribution models; so while your idea matches mine currently I feel like it is going to have shift in the near future (the potential AL tortle endorsement speaks to that)

Ventruenox
2017-09-17, 11:43 AM
Since the Green Grung Rouge Assassin surrogate was released for AL play, I would toss that one in as well.

Foxhound438
2017-09-17, 12:29 PM
I would be down for getting more racial splats via DMs Guild.

not at 10 bucks for one race

Naanomi
2017-09-17, 12:43 PM
Or, you know, free in the preview?

Also, I suspect the price was high because of the charity angle, or at least I hope

DracoKnight
2017-09-17, 02:21 PM

I agree; I haven't bought the Tortle Package for that reason, but:

Or, you know, free in the preview?

Also, I suspect the price was high because of the charity angle, or at least I hope

I'm hoping that this is the case. If they wanted to do write ups for other races and release them to DMs Guild, and charge... $2.50... I'd be all over it.