PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Starfinder: Ysoki Drone Mechanic Icon

Desiani
2017-09-17, 11:18 PM
Is this a decently feasible theme/race/class combo? I am thinking my backstory is a crazy Android fashion designer... In the Goblin Style!

The stats would be Str 8 dex 16 con 10 Int 18 wis 10 cha 11 at level one.

LVL 1 Mechanic

Class Skills
Culture 1 (4) Athletics
Computers 1 (9) Engineering 1 (11)
Medicine Perception 1 (4)
Physical Science 1 (8) Piloting 1 (7)
Profession

Non Class
Stealth 1 (6) Survival 1 (3)

6 Stamina 8 HP

Feat Imp. Initiative OR Spell Bane

Equip: Second Skin, Survival Knife, Semi Auto Pistol

Drone: Mister Tickles

Speed 40 walk 20 climb

Str 12 Dex 14 Con - Int 6 Wis 10 Cha 10

Chassis: Stealth

10HP, 10 EAC 12 KAC

Skill: Stealth, Computer (if able to wireless hack) or Perception

Feat: Skill Synergy (Stealth. computer/perception) +2 insight to skills

Mods: (Initial) Reflective Coat, Weapon mount (Semi-Auto Pistol), Climb claws. (Level 1) Camera OR Manipulator Arms

Please let me know! :D I didn't see a star finder tab on here so please lemme know if there is one.

mistermysterio
2017-09-18, 12:25 PM
I mean... you didn't put up a build or anything to really critique besides ability scores.

In terms of race, class, and scores, it seems perfectly fine. The job that your icon has is mostly a flavor thing and what your character will be noticed for. Dex/Int are the focuses for mechanic... so I think you're pretty good to go. Maybe more dex instead of con? *shrug*

Florian
2017-09-18, 01:14 PM
*Shrugs*

Itīs hard to say anything here, as thereīs not enough concrete data to talk about.

Desiani
2017-09-18, 04:53 PM
Added More build info and changed to Ysoki due to book ban

Psyren
2017-09-18, 05:10 PM
Mechanic is one of the more specialized classes in SF so you may have to wait a bit for people to grok it. While the drone and weapons stuff are straightforward enough, their abilities that let them mess around with technology are going to be heavily dependent on said technology - exactly what they are surrounded by, what it can do, how secure it is etc. A mechanic in an enemy installation with lots of automated security he can mess around with is going to be a lot more effective than one who crash-landed on a jungle-planet and broke most of his toys, that kind of thing.

Desiani
2017-09-18, 05:23 PM
Mechanic is one of the more specialized classes in SF so you may have to wait a bit for people to grok it. While the drone and weapons stuff are straightforward enough, their abilities that let them mess around with technology are going to be heavily dependent on said technology - exactly what they are surrounded by, what it can do, how secure it is etc. A mechanic in an enemy installation with lots of automated security he can mess around with is going to be a lot more effective than one who crash-landed on a jungle-planet and broke most of his toys, that kind of thing.

What's a grok it?

daryen
2017-09-18, 05:47 PM
What's a grok it?
"grok" means "understand" in this context.

Desiani
2017-09-18, 06:06 PM
Thank you! :D

Florian
2017-09-19, 02:17 AM
Itīs really hard to make any predictions right now. Shadowrun players will know the issue with playing Deckers: It all depends on whether or not the stuff to interact with is actually included in a scenario or integrated into a set-piece battle.

Still, knowing how Paizo APs are usually designed (and I donīt think this will change with Dead Stars), I think Iīd prefer the Exocortex over the Drone and would distribute the mechanic tricks roughly one third each on hacking, shields and holograms, while going for the improved faint feat line.