PDA

View Full Version : Initiate of the Draconic Mysteries

WeaselGuy
2017-09-18, 11:38 AM
So, in reading some of these posts today, it got me thinking. This class (Initiate of the Draconic Mysteries) is kinda nifty looking. I don't have the book in front of me, but in just reading the abilities, I like the look of it. Take a Silverbrow Human Monk and throw some multiclass in, followed up with 10 levels of IotDM, and it doesn't look half terrible. Then again, I also have a love affair with the Monk class, since it was the first class I played. My question is, how would you optimize it, using 32pt buy? I feel like Overwhelming Assault Monk 1 would get pretty much all of the obnoxious pre-reqs out of the way, but I don't know where to go from there, nor how to finish it off. Dragon Shape seems like it could lend itself to some War Shaper abuse, maybe? I just don't know.

Let's say basic ICitP restrictions apply, as far as book restrictions go, and base this class on a generic 5th player joining the table level of group requirements (Wizard, Cleric, Rogue, Fighter archetypes already present), with medium optimization levels. I want this character to be able to fit in and have a little bit of fluff to go with the crunch. (No Dezmodu Bats or Anthropomorphic Whales nonsense. Let's try to keep it a bipedal humanoid shaped character that can fit in somewhere other than Sigil.)