PDA

View Full Version : How the Deep Imaskari look like?

beboy
2017-09-18, 09:11 PM
I have noticed that Imaskari people have been vanished from 5e, where High Imaskar have been overthrown (again) by Mulan people with the help of their gods (again).

Still, I would like to add a Deep Imaskari NPC in a campaign as i like the idea of this long-surviving empire underground brought in a previous edition. However, I cannot find much artistic representation of how these people looked like and I was wondering if the lady at page 148 in SCAG is supposed to be one of these legendary people or she is the representative of another civilisation I do not know? Maybe a Dossal denizen like the one described in the Far Traveler background?

Kuulvheysoon
2017-09-18, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I'd bet that she's from Sossal. A Deep Imaskari (at least on 3.5e) has pale, marbled skin from the spell of high magic that hid them from their rebelling slave population.

8wGremlin
2017-09-18, 09:45 PM
yes she does look a bit like the Deep Imaskari in google search, I think of them as being very white, pale and translucent, with a hint of Githyanki about their appearance, or somewhere between tall humans and Gith in general.

Good luck finding resources.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/9/95/Ex_Deep_Imaskari.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091027163507