PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Class Effect on Saves and Proficiencies?

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-09-18, 10:41 PM
Lets say I'm a member of two classes with Charisma saving throws. Any chance that doubles my proficiency or adds the lower one at least?

On a related note can I stack skill proficiency if two classes offer the same skill like Persuasion?

Thanks in advance.

rbstr
2017-09-18, 10:44 PM
You only get save proficiency from your starting class. Multiclassing does not give you any new save proficiency.
Nor can you stack skill proficiency.

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-09-18, 11:03 PM
You only get save proficiency from your starting class. Multiclassing does not give you any new save proficiency.
Nor can you stack skill proficiency.

Bummer!

But I do get additional skill proficiencies?

rbstr
2017-09-18, 11:22 PM
You need to read the PhB's multiclassing section. When you multiclass you only get what's in the table in there. Only a couple classes give you an extra skill when you multi into it.

MeeposFire
2017-09-18, 11:25 PM
Bummer!

But I do get additional skill proficiencies?

As a previous poster mentioned you need to look at the multiclass section as it has a chart on what each class gives you when you multiclass.

As for skills some classes do give you automatic proficiencies in things like skills, tools, and weapons/armor. For example as I recall multiclassing into bard, ranger, or rogue will give a skill to your character.

Malifice
2017-09-18, 11:29 PM
You need to read the PhB's multiclassing section.

This.

OP: Read the book you bought.

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-09-19, 11:01 PM
This.

OP: Read the book you bought.

It is in the book. I really did not notice the whole section on it.

Thanks for the kind emphasis that it was in the book in the event I missed it up above.

Sorry to have offended you though for asking on here. Perhaps there is a limit to how many questions people can ask on here? Most sites want more clicks, perhaps this site is near its server's limits?

Or perhaps I made you click and read this?

Either way, my apologies for offending you.

Jerrykhor
2017-09-19, 11:24 PM
It is in the book. I really did not notice the whole section on it.

Thanks for the kind emphasis that it was in the book in the event I missed it up above.

Sorry to have offended you though for asking on here. Perhaps there is a limit to how many questions people can ask on here? Most sites want more clicks, perhaps this site is near its server's limits?

Or perhaps I made you click and read this?

Either way, my apologies for offending you.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, or why would you think that Malifice is offended. Its hard to read sarcasm and the like in written posts sometimes, but I don't think he means anything other than pointing out that nobody really needs to answer your question, because they can be found in the book. Also when in doubt, use Google.