PDA

View Full Version : In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords [IC]

Pages : 1 [2]

Psionic Dog
2007-11-02, 06:33 PM
Rashnik

The lizardman looks uneasily at the door and then at the splintered chest.
"Aerhalyss has a good point, it would be helpful if the sneaky people took a quick look down the hall. Besides, I don't think I could sleep comfortably here, it's too dry for me. Even if I did fall asleep I'd probably just wake up when the patrol stationed here finishes its shift in a few hours."

"Oh, and Trex? I'm sure we'll have time to toss the dies a few more time, don't worry about that."

"Doors"? I was under the impression there was only one way in and out of this room, If there's a second way out that changes a few thing.

JEntropy
2007-11-02, 10:34 PM
Alan Gibbs

Alan quietly walks out of the room and stalks down the hallway, after several of his teammates mention the need for reconnaissance.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Velvet Elvis
2007-11-03, 01:55 AM
Sechrin

When Alan heads off in one direction, Sechrin heads off in the other with a quiet "Be right back," left behind. As before, he carefully slinks from one shadowy space to another.

OOCI've forgotten the layout by now. I have the impression the corridor continued beyond the point of the barracks and armory. If this is right, I'll be heading further down the hall in the direction we were headed when we reached here. If this area was a pocket or dead end, I'll go with Alan and split off when we hit the first intersection and proceed on autopilot until I encounter something/someone or hit new territory, at which point I'll need a description.

Initial rolls:

Move Silently - [roll0] | Hide - [roll1] | Listen - [roll2] | Spot - [roll3]

Remember, I'm one of those annoying elves and have the auto-detect secret doors ability: Search - [roll4]

Krelon
2007-11-03, 04:58 PM
Aerhalyss

Directed to those who stayed in the room "Let's see what they discover, then we can decide what to do"

Xian
2007-11-05, 04:34 PM
((OOC: From the descriptions given, it seems like Alan and Sechrin are going in the same direction. The layout at the moment is the hallway goes "back" to the intersection and "forward" to parts unknown, with the two rooms budding off of it with only one entry/exit. Like before, the hallway is roughly 20 feet wide and stone.))

Alan moves silently from one shadow to the next, with Sechrin not far behind, quiet as the dead. After about 100 feet, the hallway continues forward with another branching off to the left. A lone humanoid (elf, half-elf or human is uncertain) steps into view, moving quietly, but not making any effort to hide his presence. He stops and turns back to the hallway from which he came and sighs with apparent impatience. It does not seem that he has noticed the two adventurers. Yet.

JEntropy
2007-11-05, 08:32 PM
Alan Gibbs

Alan draws a knife, moving quickly to engage the lone figure.

I'm taking some liberties here, so let me qualify my intentions. By your description of the figure, as half elf, human or elf, you make it seem as though the figure is somewhat slender. So long as this is the case, and said figure is not a bodybuilder type, Alan is going to move up behind them to grapple, hold a knife against the throat and whisper shhh while dragging the person out of the open area. At this point, Alan will attempt to squeeze some information out of them.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Xian
2007-11-06, 12:22 PM
Alan:
Correct assumption; the idea is that it's maybe a touch too dark to make out the finer distinctions, but he's definitely not a dwarf or an orc or a rodent of unusual size.

Also, some good rolls, but the second grapple roll wasn't good enough and, I swear on the DM Guide with Kord as my witness, he rolled a near 20 on the opposed Intimidate check. In other words, things are about to get nasty.

Alan slides stealthily behind the figure and like a deadly shadow come to life, he entangles the man with his own limbs, sliding the dagger to his throat, whispering with an intimidating hiss of a venomous serpent. The man is not amused.

His slender frame twists and struggles against Alan's, slipping free of his grasp. He takes a split second to assess the situation and then bellows, "THEY'RE HERE!!" Hurried footsteps begin thundering down the hall that he came from.

((I need initiatives from Alan and Sechrin, and Listen checks from everyone in the barracks.))

Psionic Dog
2007-11-06, 09:42 PM
Rashnik

The lizardman turns to Aerhalys and Trez: "Well, do think we have time to toss the dice a few times while waiting on the scouts?"

[roll0]
So what will it be: blissful ignorance or advanced warning?

Velvet Elvis
2007-11-06, 10:16 PM
Sechrin

At the appearance of the lone man, Sechrin stopped dead in his tracks, watching Alan as he snuck forward to eventually grab him, dagger to throat. The man's reaction was a bit unexpected, considering he must know how easily a throat can be slit when a dagger just happens to be pressed against it.

Regardless, the sounds of his patrolmates announced their imminent arrival from the left-branching corridor. It was time for another tack.

Sechrin trains his eyes upon Alan's would-be informant and utters a single word dripping with arcane energies: "Cesor!" He then says to Alan, "Leave him! We must fall back before the others arrive."

Taking his own suggestion very seriously, Sechrin turns and bolts back toward the barracks, presuming Alan will have the wisdom to follow.

OOC - XianI cast Power Word: Pain on the enemy. For now...grrr...I can't roll in the edit. See OOC for the damage. Anyway, he takes 1d6 damage with no save (though if he has SR, it applies, and I'll make a caster check when/if informed) this round. See your PM-box for the rest of the data on this spell.

So, that'd be a standard action followed by a move action to scurry 30' back toward the barracks.

Krelon
2007-11-07, 02:32 AM
Aerhalyss

"Call me superstitious but my intuition tells me otherwise"

[roll0]

((intuition my ass...:smalltongue: sorry couldn't resist, being a diviner at all it seemed like a good idea))

Xian
2007-11-08, 07:02 PM
Rashnik & Aerhalyss
You hear a loud shout coming down the hallway from the direction of your companions. The voice is not theirs and the tone is not friendly.

Sechrin & Alan

The lithe man steps away from his attacker, pulls out a strange bag and hurls it at Alan. His good aim lands the bag squarely on Alan's chest, where it explodes in a spray of sticky goo. (Tanglefoot bag (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#tanglefootBag); need a reflex save) He then turns and starts running down the hallway.
In response, Sechrin virtually flings his word of Pain after the man. He stumbles and screams in pain and clutches his head at a wound that cannot be seen.

Order of Initiative:
Scout, -6hp, 5 additional rounds of pain remaining
Sechrin
Alan, sticky yet mobile, 5 additional rounds of sticky remaining

((With Alan's new situation, I'll need to know what, if anything, Sechrin plans on doing differently as well as Alan's actions. I'll also need to know the actions of the group in the barracks, who are acting concurrently. Once I have all of this info, the round will end and the other folks, if heading towards the commotion or are otherwise brought near the encounter, will roll their initiatives for the next round.))

Godhand
2007-11-08, 09:43 PM
Tristan

"I don't hear anything, are you sure it isn't your imagination?"

My link to invisible castle isn't working, but I rolled a 2, so 2+2=4. Yeah, Tristan hears the inside of his helmet.

Krelon
2007-11-09, 04:40 AM
Aerhalyss

"Definitely! Let go, they're in trouble"

She fastens the broom to her backpack and giving Trez an encouraging pat on the shoulder she moves towards the sound.

[roll0]
that will be a standard action for attaching the broom on the outside of the backpack (put it through a loop, pull tight, like you would with a spear or shield) and a move of 30ft.

- I still have the ring+1 and the bracers+1 with me (ring:pocket, bracers:backpack)

Psionic Dog
2007-11-09, 10:32 AM
Rashnik:

The lizardman groans and heads for the door while readying his bow. "Great. So much for stealth. At least that it isn't our guys screaming, I think."

[roll0]

Godhand
2007-11-09, 05:33 PM
Tristan

With a slight grate of metal, Tristan follows behind the rest, freeing his ax and shield. When everyone is in sight, Tristan will start a battle hymn, reading the others for the coming conflict.

[roll0]=Init
Tristan uses his bless spell when he can encompass the whole group. +1 to Attack Roles and Save vs. Fear. Yeah, it's mainly for himself, but I'm sure the rest of you can find a few uses.
Edit: Tristan can't hear anything, but _damn_ is he quick on the uptake...

Velvet Elvis
2007-11-09, 08:21 PM
Sechrin

No longer concerned with attempting to be silent, Sechrin fairly flies down the corridor, the others, now having exited the barracks, soon resolving into their recognizable forms. Here, he slides to a stop, and informs the band in an only slightly lower than normal voice, "Patrol up ahead, coming in from a left branch. Five or six, I'd guess. Alan and I...."

Noticing that Alan hadn't reached his side by now, Sechrin turns to look back down the corridor. He could just see the man in the dim light, but his movements seemed mechanical.

"Blast! Come along, we have some work to do," he grumbles, turns and begins moving back the way he came, this time producing his bow as he goes.

OOCI'm not sure how much noise a tanglefoot bag makes when it pops, and I was already running (well, moving), so just continued on my merry way.

JEntropy
2007-11-10, 12:36 AM
Alan Gibbs

If the unilateral decision to blow cover and watching the lithe prey slip from his grasp weren't enough to grind on his temper, the tanglefoot bag sent him over the edge, and as Sechrin runs ahead and the others close behind, he lets loose a long and colorful string of profanities while trying to scrape the goo from his leg.

Krelon
2007-11-10, 03:35 AM
Aerhalyss

Aerhalyss moves her lips silently to unspoken words making mental inventory of her remaining spells and gets ready for battle.

Aer' is firing up her sensors :smallwink: so if she hears someone casting a spell or some sort of strange sounds she'll try to identify it with an appropriate knowledge or spellcraft check.
[roll0]

move after Sechrin (30ft.) and ready an action to cast shield if the enemy comes into sight.

p.s. bless is great for all, Aer' has touch spells and a bow for example.

Xian
2007-11-13, 02:05 PM
The party dashes into the hallway to regroup, a threat clearly at hand. Alan struggles to catch up, the contents of the bag making his movement labored and difficult.
Aerhalyss goes over her spells, ready for anything that should come around the corner. Her hearing picks up the same voice that sounded the alarm, sounding breathless and pained in contrast to its prior clarity. "Ready bags and the gas...hurry! Lots of it!"
Tristan has the group within his sights; he begins singing, stepping forward slightly so that all may benefit. Beginning in a rumbling mezzopiano, his voice quickly crescendos into a thundering fortissimo, instilling the entire party with a feeling of fearless confidence and security. ((OOC: Taking small liberties and moving forward to U2 so that Alan is just within the cone of benefit. I'll allow a no-penalty reposition if you're uncomfortable with where Tristan is.))
Trez draws his sword, stepping forward to meet the oncoming rush, his stance belying the conflict seen on his face. Whatever happens, however, he's ready to fight.
Thundering around the corner comes an unpleasant sight: a shaggy minotaur, large axe in hand, charges down the hallway. This one is missing half of his right horn, so he must be the other one that Trez mentioned. With a bellow, he doubles his speed....surprisingly charging right past the hindered Alan. ((Now at O4)).
As soon as the shaggy beast rounds the corner, Aerhalyss unleashes her Shield spell, and a brief distortion ripples in front of her before fading into invisibility.
Hot on the minotaur's tail comes a man in armor. Sword at the ready, he sets his sights on Alan.((At E3))
The scout is out of sight, but a brief wail of agony tells that Sechrin's spell is still in effect.
Another suit of armor, this time encasing a half-orc female, enters the hallway, taking a position beside her companion. ((At E4))
Rashnik readies himself with the rest of the group at the oncoming onslaught of opponents.
A lightly robed man steps out carefully from around the corner.((At F5)) Calmly reaching into a pouch on his side, he pulls out a small handful of rose petals. They hover on his palm before dissolving into a soft red energy that streaks towards Alan and hit with a floral-scented explosion. ((Will Save from Alan))
Undeterred by the chaos around him, Sechrin heads back towards his struggling companion, producing his bow in the process, ready to fire quite freely at anyone that gets in his way.
Yet another person steps out of the hallway ((At D5)), clearly an elf and clearly a bard, by the lute on his back. He carries a tanglefoot bag in one hand and a ceramic jar in the other. With hands too full to produce a ranged weapon, and no one in range to throw his items at, he pauses to decide what action to take next.
Alan hobbles and stumbles his way back to the rest of the group, swearing eloquently along the way. ((If you're trying to actively scrape the goo off, you'll need to use an action to do it, a no-miss attack roll with the weapon you have handy.))
Lastly, a human with a bow steps out in front of the wizard. He aims at Sechrin, drawing a white arrow and unleashing it at his foe. ((V_E, I'm having trouble tracking down your character sheet (GH's too). Once again, damned rpgwebprofiler. If you could both provide them for me, I'd appreciate it; I'm probably just overlooking them somewhere. In the meantime, the stats for the attack are Attack: 25, Damage: 6 (subdual)))

Order of Initiative:
Tristan
Trez
Aerhalyss
Minotaur
Guard 1
Scout, -9hp, 4 additional rounds of pain remaining
Guard 2
Rashnik
Wizard
Sechrin
Bard
Alan, sticky yet mobile, 4 additional rounds of sticky remaining
Ranger

Godhand
2007-11-14, 12:34 AM
Tristan

Hp 45/48
AC 23 (21 in a second)

Seeing the Minotaur come thundering down the hall, Tristan steels himself, and counter-charges. Bringing his gravelly voice to a thundering volume, the knight's ax explodes in light, and comes crashing down on the minotaur.

Charge to Minotaur.
Attack=27; Damage=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1372559)
(Attack=1d20+12; Damage=1d8+15 (+1 magic+3 str+3 divine might +8 smite evil)
Yeah, he really let go on this one, let's hope he lives long enough to enjoy his smashing blow.)

Krelon
2007-11-14, 06:12 AM
Aerhalyss

"Take the mino, I hold the rest"

Stepping 15 feet forward ((W3)), carefully staying behind Trez, the wizard lets loose a small puff of glittering dust (http://srd.plush.org/spellsFtoG.html#glitterdust) with a snap of her fingers. Immediately this is copied by a much larger eruption of golden particles that in a blink expands to a cloud covering the slavers group at the intersection before disappearing as quickly as it came. Everything and everyone remains covered with sticky tiny dots sparkling all over. Several small motes not so eager to follow their brethren leave a fairy tale of glowing particles while meandering down, vanishing only when touching the stone floor.

AC22 HP21
move 3 squares to W3
cast glitterdust (http://srd.plush.org/spellsFtoG.html#glitterdust) targeted at the intersection where the fields E4,F4,E5,F5 meet.
From there the area of effect covers a 10ft. spread = the following squares are affected (from top to down):
E3: man with armor
F3: -
D4: -
E4: f. halfogre
F4: -
G4: -
D5: elf bard
E5: -
F5: robed petal man
G5: ranger with bow
E6: ??
F6: ??

effect:
1) anyone on a covered field (including ivisible) becomes visible and cannot turn invis for 5 rounds. -40 on hide checks
2) all within area of effect (maybe even the scout if he is staying closely behind the corner) must make a WILL save DC=17. All that fail the save become blinded (http://srd.plush.org/abilitiesAndConditions.html#blinded) for five rounds. No spellresistance, no immunities.

hope that works well... fighters and rangers have bad will saves, even for bards and spellcasters 17 is huge

Xian
2007-11-14, 01:45 PM
Trez hastens forward to support the charging suit of armor that is Tristan, ready to help him face off against the massive, shaggy beast. ((At S3))

The minotaur loses no momentum as Tristan's blade cuts deeply into the beast's hide, and responds with an attack of his own, barreling over the man and giving him a solid stomp as he continues through. ((-10hp, prone; also, bonus attack of opportunity against the minotaur.))
His relentless charge heads straight for Sechrin, ready to plow through him as well. He effortlessly barrels through the elf, but doesn't manage to land as solid of a stomp, the big hooves having trouble landing a good spot on the smaller man. ((-5hp, prone; also, bonus attack of opportunity against the minotaur)) The beast skids to a halt just past the group, turns and bellows at his prey. ((At 04))

The first guard loses no time in catching up to Alan, charging straight ahead and swinging his sword in a violent arc. His momentum throws off his aim, and his blade clashes on the stone floor, just to the left of Alan. ((At L3)))

The scout, from around the corner, can be heard giving a distinct moan as another wave of pain washes over him. ((-1hp))

The second guard charges straight ahead, to Alan's right. She also swings her sword, and again momentum worked against her. Her angle was thrown so that instead of sustaining damage, she whiffs through the air, unable to compensate for Alan's odd movements. ((At M4))

Psionic Dog
2007-11-14, 03:14 PM
Rashnik (20/28)

The lizzardman whips out a clawed hand and grabs at the minotaur as it runs past him. "Curse this brutes speed!" he yells as he finds himself holding the wrong weapon for the job, again. Dropping his bow he lashes out with claw and fang, wishing he had the foresight to be holding his trident.

It looks like Rashnik gets an AOO on M as it runs past.

[roll0] [roll1]

[roll2] [roll3] (PowerAttack[1])
[roll4] [roll5] (PowerAttack[1])
[roll6] [roll7]

Just incase one is a critical...
[roll8] [roll9]

Godhand
2007-11-14, 04:57 PM
Tristan

HP=35/48
AC=21 (-prone penalties...)
Touch=13 (+3 from shield feat, no dex bonus)

With a surprised grunt, Tristan falls on his back, but still manages to whip his ax out at the minotaurs ankle with yet another burst of light.

AoO/Damage A=15+6=21; D=1+7=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1373687)

Great, I landed a lucky hit, but it was only a "graze"
No smite evil on this one.

Xian
2007-11-14, 07:56 PM
((Good catch, PD. If anyone else was able to make an AoO on the charging minotaur that I missed, make your rolls))

The wizard, miffed at the fizzling of his spell, pulls out some more rose petals and readjusts his aim. A similar ray fires out and explodes in a burst, encompassing Trez, Alan, Tristan and the Half-Orc. ((Need Will saves from Tristan and Alan))
The Ogress seems unfazed, but Trez slumps to the ground, unconscious.

JEntropy
2007-11-14, 09:46 PM
Alan Gibbs

First tanglefoot, now rose petals?

[roll0]
[roll1]

(I'll wait to see what happens before I post Alan's actions)
*EDIT*
A natural one and a natural 19. Hooray for the autofail...

Xian
2007-11-15, 11:29 AM
((Yeah, sorry JE. I couldn't even GM-fudge a roll like that. In a soothing scent of roses in springtime, Alan falls to the ground in a deep sleep. Retroactively, the two guards are still in their same current positions, but are moving forward to engage the still-conscious party members, ignoring Alan's comatose form.))

Godhand
2007-11-15, 12:30 PM
Tristan

[roll0] - Will Save

Tristan feels a nice tingling sensation and slowly lets his head fall to the ground.

Son of a... hooray horrible rolls. There goes 2/5 of the party.

Krelon
2007-11-15, 01:05 PM
((the wizard casted again, does that mean a new round starts??))

Aerhalyss

The elf curses the minotaur's fate, twisting the odds of probability against him.

casting unluck (Spell compendium) on minotaur. Will DC 18. If he fails all rolls regarding the minotaur (really ALL, that is made by him and against him) are rolled twice. The worse result (for the minotaur) is applied. Lasts 5 rounds. Works best on opposed checks :smallamused:

making knowledge aracana and spellcraft checks to see if sleeping persons can be waken (with a kick for example or by damaging them).
[roll0]
[roll1]

Xian
2007-11-15, 02:15 PM
((There was the "surprise"-ish round between VE, JE and the Scout, the next round where the opponents were introduced, the minotaur started charging and the wizard cast the first spell. None of the others really did anything as they were pretty much out of range. I'll take your actions into account for the next round, but VE and the other two opponents still need to make their moves. I'll post a resolution/status update when the round ends and then the new round will begin. Also, I made a typo - she's a half-ORC, not a half-OGRE. Thought one thing, typed another. Shouldn't have an impact on anything that happened yet, but I wanted to fix that before it could cause trouble. I hate retroactive corrections.))

Xian
2007-11-26, 03:04 PM
The bardic elf, seeing his two companions swinging wildly and unable to land a hit on an entangled (and now unconscious) intruder, feels that they are out of commission from Aerhalyss' spell. "Quit swinging those things until you can see again," he snaps. Setting down his handfuls, he begins strumming on his lute a solemn, convincing melody. "You know," he addresses Aerhalyss, Sechrin, and Rashnik, "You're only making things worse for yourself. At this rate you will all end up dead. You may have noticed that my friend Breon here has merely incapacitated your three friends here...I say, is that Trez? Intriguing. Anyways, there's a reason for that. Your..."works" have not gone unnoticed and have actually garnered some positive attention. Submit and we'll take you to a meeting that could work out for everyone involved. Continue to fight," he says, striking a stacatto, discordant tone, "And Breon begins using lethal magic, starting on your helpless comrades while Brunk over there takes care of the rest of you."

As Alan slumbers, the Ranger speaks up as he nocks another arrow. "Wein! Rosetta! Stop swinging your swords until you can see again! We don't need another Storage Room incident. Best listen to him, lads," he says, directing his attention and drawn bow to the wall space a good 8 feet in front of Sechrin. "He means business."

Tristan - Asleep
Trez - Asleep
Aerhalyss
Minotaur - -43hp, Unlucky, 5 rounds of Unluck remaining
Human Guard - Blind
Scout - -10hp, 3 additional rounds of pain remaining
Half-Orc Guard - Blind
Rashnik
Wizard
Sechrin
Bard
Alan - Asleep, sticky yet mobile, 3 additional rounds of sticky remaining
Ranger - Blind

((End Round 2))

Krelon
2007-11-28, 02:29 PM
Aerhalyss

"Sechrin, if you can somehow counter the wizard, please do"

She makes one silent step to the side to get away from the spot where she has been seen for some time and heard, then readies a spell.

the situation is grim, so I try to do the best I can...

* 5ft step to V4

* delay :
ready an action until the enemy wizard does something but not longer than Sechrin's turn is over.

so .. when it his turn and he does something, cast a spell as described below.
(I'm before him in initiative so he cannot delay on me)

if he waits, wait until Sechrin does something, and either trigger on wizard or cast directly after Sechrin' turn.

* casting:
1.free action use pearl of power to recall magic missile
2.split missile: 1 for wizard [roll0], 1 for Alan [roll1], 1 for Tristan [roll2]

explanation.... if the wizard tries to cast on his turn, he will be hit by a single magic missile just before he can finish the spell and must succeed with a concentration check: 10+damage+Spelllevel (the chance is there) or lose the spell. The missiles for our guys are meant to wake them.

Xian
2007-11-28, 05:16 PM
The words of the bard and the ranger give the minotaur some pause; evidently he's not an entirely mindless raging beast. Glaring at Rashnik in front of him, he reaches into a pouch on his side and pulls out a small glass bottle filled with some liquid. Leaning forward slightly, making sure the lizardman is looking right at his face, he opens his mouth and throws the entire bottle in. Glass tinkles and cracks as it shatters between his massive jaws, slowly masticating for emphasis. Some of the wounds that can be seen through his shaggy fur clearly begin to close over and heal.

Likewise, the human guard pulls out a potion of his own and quaffs it, although without the dramatic presentation. After a moment, he lets out a swear. "Dammit, this crap doesn't work! I still can't see! I'mma gut Yaden when I see him next!"

"Idiot," snarls the Half-Orc(ess), "You drank that potion, didn't you? I told you when you bought it that your eyes still have to work for Darkvision to work as well. Just shut up until you can see again and swing at anything that gets close."

The scout gives a small moan from around the corner, though he seems to be in less pain than he was before...that or he's getting used to the feeling.

The half-orc(ess), holding her actions like her other two companions follows their lead and pulls out a small vial and chugs it down. Her already tough skin takes on a noticeably thicker, tougher texture.

Psionic Dog
2007-11-28, 10:58 PM
The lizardman snarls and takes a reflexive swipe at the minotaur's face when it stops to take the potion. Rashnik does manage to restrain himself from making follow up attacks however.

"Why would should we surrender ourselves to the forces of the despicable Slave Lord? Should it not be you who ought be begging to be spared?

Aerhalyss, Sechrin, I truest you have reason to continue listen to these lies. Give the word and I'll gut this smelly overgrown mammal." Rashnik finishes with a sneer at the beast as he draws his weapons.

"Although... if we are allowed to retain our arms and armor to defend ourselves against treachery then it may be worth going to meet the source of all our troubles," the lizardman finishes with a thoughtful gleam in his eye, his trident now held wearily pointed at the minotaur's belly.

Attack of opportunity against potion drinking minoutar...
2d20b1+4 2d4b1+7 (power attack 3)

Move action: Draw weapons

Standard action: ready trident against Mino moving/attacking (or allies casting a spell if I can add that condition too)
2d20b1+5 [roll0] (PA 3)

In case of critical: [roll1]

Psionic Dog
2007-11-28, 11:05 PM
Aw, the rollers won't allow best of with addition...

Ok, Attack of opportunity Claw: (power attack 3)
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

And readied attack if used... (power attack 3)
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

I'll keep the crit confirmation roll since that worked, but 11? +4or5 :smallfrown:

Xian
2007-11-29, 12:22 PM
((Sorry PD, but drinking the potion, even in your face like that, doesn't provoke an AoO since it's a use-activated item and doesn't require concentration or completion to use. Good flavor, though.))

A thin line of blood wells up on Brunk's nose, Rashnik's opinion of the beast made crystal clear. The minotaur bellows in rage, loudly, clearly bellowing from the diaphragm and not from the throat. He restrains, just barely, from seeing if a lizardman can re-grow limbs.

Breon's arcane-trained eyes take note of Aerhalyss' actions and see that she is preparing...something, but is holding back, waiting. His eyes narrow suspiciously as he begins gathering energies for a spell of his own, selecting a few components from his pouch as magic faintly coalesces around his hands. Never taking his eyes off of her, waiting for the first sign of an action, he holds the energies ready to unleash.

((Given the OoI and hold/delay/ready conditions, Aerhalyss' spell will still probably go off first, depending if Sechrin does/says something to change the current flow of events. Doesn't everyone love a standoff?:smalltongue: ))

Velvet Elvis
2007-11-30, 01:21 AM
Sechrin

Sechrin tosses a forceful "Ha!" into the stale air at Rashnik's mention of considering rational discourse between the two warring groups. It was less sarcasm and more melodrama, but he'd explain that later over dinner.

"Not a chance, my friend. I've received word our reinforcements are but scant moments away and we can now safely let these Slaver-lackeys have both fists. Teach that beast how smart it is to run behind enemy lines without any support," he blusters with a feral grin.

He utters what are likely already familiar arcane words: "Shys os mol!"

In response, a small grey puff appears like a misty halo around one hand, and with a gesture it coalesces and streaks toward the disoriented pair of guards where it billows instantly into a thick bank of fog entirely consuming the passage and guards, but neatly skirting both Alan and Tristan leaving their prone forms only tickled by stray wisps.

Not quite under his breath, Sechrin can be heard to remark, "I love that spell."

OOCOk, so we have a bluff provided as much for effect as for the off chance the enemy might skip a beat: Bluff re reinforcements - [roll0]. This is, of course, followed by my trademark fog cloud (two uses counts as a trademark, right?), which I lay down at gridpoint L-M/3-4. See OOC for upcoming fresh map. Visibility is zero from outside the fog, and 5' from within (which grants concealment at even that close range).

Xian
2007-12-05, 12:05 PM
Aerhalyss', not knowing what Breon's intentions are with the energies gathering around him, takes no chances. Three bright bolts of energy arc out of her hand unerringly towards their intended targets. The first clangs into Tristan's helmet, the second singeing Alan's arm, the last catching Breon full in the chest.
Gasping for breath in pain and surprise, Breon's hands flash as the energies he was collecting there fizzle in a burst of light, the spell lost. His countenance adopts a more sinister grimace as he sizes up his new target.
He only gets a moment to glare, however, as Sechrin's fog covers the two guards, obscuring his view in the process. A wall of thick mist now divides the hallway, with the party on one side, and the patrol on the other. Mostly.
As Rashnik and the minotaur face off with each other, the shaggy beast begins to bleed profusely from the wound on his nose. Evidently the lizard man's claws can sink deep, even on a reactionary swipe.
Through the fog, the Bard begins speaking again. "Quite clever. I take that as a refusal to the offer, then?" His playing does not cease, but clearly moves on to a different tune. This one has no particularly outstanding features in its composition, but perhaps because of the acoustics of the hallway, seems to be coming from multiple places at once. "More's the pity," he says, his voice coming from behind the party this time. Turning around, the bard slides his hand of Breon's shoulder, both standing behind and to the left of Brunk's shaggy, bleeding form. ((Dimension Door, Bard at 2-2, Breon at 2-3)) "I believe you were saying something about support?"

((Ok JE, Alan got an unpleasant-yet-effective wake-up call. You're still sticky, but awake now.))

Velvet Elvis
2007-12-05, 10:50 PM
Sechrin

Jerking his head in the opposite direction, Sechrin hisses at the Bard, more in surprised frustration than hatred. He always held a certain amount of respect for all those capable of weaving the threads of magic, even those whom would enjoy seeing him reduced to a smoking cinder.

"Clever trick," he says snidely, while thinking to himself how much he wished he knew it, too. "Yes, our reinforcements are on the way and you've placed yourselves in a position so much better than I'd hoped. Enjoy your last moments."

OOCSechrin farts in their general direction! Is that a move or standard action? I say it should be a free action, m'self.

Xian
2007-12-06, 05:03 PM
((Indeed, it be free))

JEntropy
2007-12-17, 06:36 PM
Alan Gibbs

Alan finds himself violently awoken by the glancing magic missile, and shakes his head, trying to shake the immediate disjointedness of consciousness. He begins talking himself through things, in a hushed voice.

Hag's nose! First tanglefoot, then some rose petal enchantment, and now being shot at and fog and missing persons...

He glances around him, seeking to identify all of his comrades, then trying to remember and place all of the opposition.

Think.

Alan takes his blade in his hand again, and crawls along the wall towards Sechrin, away from the fog, and tries (futilely) to remove the rest of the goo impeding his movement.

Xian
2007-12-18, 11:56 AM
Tristan - -2hp
Trez - Asleep
Minotaur - -42hp, Unlucky, 4 rounds of Unluck remaining
Wein - Blind, Darkvision
Scout - -12hp, 2 additional rounds of pain remaining
Rosetta - Blind, Barkskin
Rashnik
Aerhalyss
Breon - -4hp
Sechrin
Bard
Alan - -5hp, sticky yet mobile, 2 additional rounds of sticky remaining
Ranger - Blind

((End Round 3))

Xian
2008-01-08, 05:02 PM
Tristan stumbles around in a daze, trying to regain his bearings after first being knocked unconscious then blasted awake. Trez, however, remains sleeping peacefully, oblivious to the situation around him.
The Minotaur glares at Rashnik with eyes as red as the blood streaming from his nose. His muscles are clearly knotted like a tightly wound spring beneath his shaggy fur. (Readying an action)
In the fog, some light shuffling of feet can be heard before there's a small clang and Rosetta snarls, "Idiot. Stay. Put!" (Wein & Rosetta on the defensive)
Not much is seen or heard from the Scout. It can't be determined if he's even still alive or not at the moment.

((OOC: Will correct coloring when the board quits acting up. Rashnik's turn.))

Psionic Dog
2008-01-10, 08:58 AM
Rashnik

The lizardman doesn't bother trying to figure out what the Mino is planning, he just launches himself into melee yet again.

"Just lay down and die already fuzzy lard ball!" Rashnik shouts as he begins his next round of attacking.

Trident [PA2]: [roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

Bite [PA1] [roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

[roll8]

Krelon
2008-01-10, 09:14 AM
Aerhalyss

"If you surrender now, I guarantee you'll live - Alan! use up the necklace if they don't give up immediately!"
The elf mutters something under her breath, obviously casting a spell that seems to have no immediate effect and pulls out a scroll, waving it viciously at her enemies.

1. free action: speak
2. free action: 5ft step from V6 to W6
3. cast true strike (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/trueStrike.htm)
4. move equivalent: take out scroll of invisibility

((OOC reminder: recently Alan was given a necklace of fireballs))

Xian
2008-01-10, 05:06 PM
The moment Rashnik makes an aggressive move, the Minotaur unleashes a swing with all of his might. The axe blade finds its target and rends a vile gash across the lizardman's body, making it a miracle that Rashnik can still stay on his feet. (-23hp)
Not about to go down without a fight, Rashnik's trident guts the beast in the belly. As he doubles over in pain, Rashnik's teeth find the beast's neck, and with a loud "crunch" the minotaur goes limp and falls to the floor. (Dying)
Breon studies the interaction with distanced calculation. When the minotaur falls, he moves in front of the barracks door (4,0) and casts a spell. A pencil-thin streak of energy strikes Sechrin on the head. When it hits, he speaks. "You have one man nearly dead, another asleep, a third in a daze, and you are surrounded in enemy territory. I suggest you convince your friends to surrender by any means necessary, using your own powers of persuasion against them if you must, to ensure your survival."
((Suggestion. Will Save from Sechrin DC 16; save negates, failure must follow suggestion.))

Velvet Elvis
2008-01-22, 12:09 AM
Sechrin

A somewhat sinister grin graces Sechrin's face as his eyes flash toward the wizard. A brief moment passes.

"I'm afraid you'll have to do better than that. In fact, you'd do well to take that suggestion upon yourself," he says almost blithely, playing at having far more easily shaken the effects of the spell.

"Hmm...you look hungry...time for lunch!"

Sechrin's nimble fingers produce, much like a skilled prestidigitator, an egg of a decidedly unsavory shade of greenish-brown. With a flick of his wrist and a few obscure arcane words, the egg flies toward the wizard's feet. The splortch upon impact coincides with the crescendo of words, and a putrid green cloud springs up around the man, obscuring both him and the bard beyond from Sechrin's sight.

"Enjoy!" exclaims Sechrin as he backs away toward the slumbering Tres.

OOCOkay, more magical mayhem from the Gas Man! I've cast a Cloud of Bewilderment which occupies a 10' cube (darn it) at Z4-5/04-5. This spell requires a DC16 Fort save to avoid becoming nauseated while within the cloud and 1d4+1 rounds after leaving it. If he saves initially, he has to reroll the save on subsequent rounds if still within the cloud. The cloud will remain for 5 rounds. The cloud is opaque.

For reference:
• Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention.
• The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.

This leaves me with 3 more L2 spells for today.

I move to T4 -- sorry, I forgot to move my counter on the map below -- will fix it next time.

Velvet Elvis
2008-01-22, 12:25 AM
-| Current |-

http://aycu11.webshots.com/image/41410/2005042235248135404_rs.jpg (http://aycu20.webshots.com/image/39379/2005047563976278399_rs.jpg)

- (click for full size version) -

Xian
2008-01-23, 01:53 PM
"My, you are quite clever," pipes the bard through the fog where Breon can be heard retching, stepping around behind Brunk's dead body (moves to 6,4). "And tenacious, too. But can your tenacity really compare with outmatched brute strength?" He begins strumming again. As he does, the most gut-wrenching sight appears: another minotaur steps out from behind the mist and stands between the bard and Brunk's body (occupying 6,2 - 7,3). Wielding an axe every bit as wicked as Brunk's, he swings it a few times before bellowing in ear-splitting rage.

Whitewing
2008-02-01, 12:19 PM
From behind the bard, a new voice enters the fray. "Foul musician! For twisting a noble art to the purposes of evil, I condemn you. Pelor’s judgment be upon you!" The voice belongs to a strange and somewhat stunning figure. His cherubic face is framed by soft blond curls and his blue eyes seem to burn with righteousness. His breastplate almost glows in the ambient light of the hallway clearly showing the hours spent polishing and caring for it. The shield he holds has the symbol of Pelor crudely emblazoned upon it. He stands only 5 foot 8, and his body is thin but obviously used to carrying the weight of his armor and the heavy mace he holds aloft in his right had. His dark cloak moves slightly behind him, as if blown in a non-existent breeze.

The bard’s sin clearly laid before Pelor, a streak of light blazes out of the core of this strange man unerringly striking the dark musician.

Deific Vengence [roll0]

Xian
2008-02-01, 01:37 PM
As the energy hits the bard, his face pales and he clutches his gut. In response, the new "minotaur" fades from view as if it never were. Alan, in the meantime, scrapes the rest of the Tanglefoot bag's goo from his body, leaving him mobile once more.
"Wheets, are you ok? Wein, Rosetta, move!" shouts the ranger from beyond the fog.

Tristan - -2hp
Trez - Asleep
Minotaur - -Dying, 3 rounds of Unluck remaining
Wein - Blind, 2 rounds remaining, Darkvision
Scout - -14hp, 1 additional rounds of pain remaining
Rosetta - Blind, 2 rounds remaining, Barkskin
Rashnik - -23hp
Aerhalyss
Breon - -4hp, Nauseous, 2 rounds remaining, cloud remains for 4 more
Sechrin
Bard - -3hp
Newcomer
Alan - -5hp,
Ranger - Blind, 2 rounds remaining

((End round 4))

Tristan stands still in a daze, but having heard the ranger's shout, he turns around to face the fog, ready for whoever comes out of it first.
Trez continues to snore through the chaos around him, and Brunk lays dying on the floor.
Shuffling can be heard through the fog; the two soldiers evidently on the move, making their way up slowly to keep from tripping.

Psionic Dog
2008-02-01, 03:24 PM
Rashnik
HP: 5/28

The massive lizzardman stares in horror as a second, even bigger mammal appears, then lets loose a harsh hiss of satisfaction and relief as it shimmers and vanishes.

With the immediate threat gone, he pulls out a slender wand and tries to mend the horrid rends the desperate miniature managed to inflict on his scaly hide.

[roll0]

Rashnik is now at 11/28 HP

Krelon
2008-02-01, 05:35 PM
Aerhalyss

Seeing a new figure emerge she gasps, "There is ano..." pointing to the newcomer - suddenly a beam of light strikes the bard ...
Realizing that the minotaur threat was a nothing but an illusion, the elf sees the path to the enemy wizard open once again. Seizing the opportunity she loudly speaks words of power and her hand starts to glow visibly. Carefully stepping around the foul cloud Aerhalyss addresses Breon: "Give up, Order a surrender and live!", holding the charge of her spell for a split second, her eyes glowing from the spell cast on the previous round.

Aerhalyss casts combust (Spell Compedium), this is a touch spell (the charge holds until successfully delivered as with all other melee touch spells). It does 5d8 fire damage when the touch connects, also the target has to succeed in a reflex save: DC=17 or catch fire (on its turn the target suffers an additional 1d6 fire damage per round until the fire is put out, quenching the fire is a full round action)
from previous round true strike (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/trueStrike.htm) is still in effect.
she moves (strating from W6) 25 ft. forward and 5 up (just around the green cloud)

Breon can give up as a free action (drop his weapon and spell pouch to the ground, order an surrender...) if nothing like this happens immediately Aerhalyss attacks:

melee touch: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Whitewing
2008-02-03, 12:04 AM
Newcomer

"Was Pelor's judgment not enough? Then let me finish it!" The newcomer charges the bard, his mace ready to strike. Once in range, he lets loose his attack, attempting to crush the singer with his mace.

Charge +2 to attack, -2 to AC
[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Xian
2008-02-11, 06:22 PM
Breon makes to stand to cast another spell, but instead doubles over to retch once more. His body convulses with dry heaves as he tries to regain his composure once more.
Sechrin, calculating as always, decides to save a spell and instead draws an arrow on his bow, ready to feather the bard.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Xian
2008-02-11, 06:51 PM
Wheets screeches in pain as Sechrin's arrow lodges in his side and the acid eats away at his flesh and clothing. Hissing with pain and fury, he begins strumming a fiery cadence, concentrating on the torch near Alan's head. (at R4) As he plays, the torch begins to spark and he closes his eyes tightly. "Let's see you hit me NOW!" The torch explodes in a riot of flashing lights, lighting up the hallway as bright as the sun.
((Will save DC 17 or be blinded for [roll0] rounds))

Krelon
2008-02-12, 06:03 AM
Aerhalyss

ack .. another illusion

She tries to will off the blinding effect

[roll0]

right, I have to ask two things from the last turn:

1) Breon did not give up immediatly judging from his action, right?
ok, he got struck by combust then (see my previous IC post), he gets 20 fire damage and must save reflex DC=17 or catch fire (on his turn he gets 1d6 fire until extingushed, extinguishing is a full round action ... and he is nauseated, so he cannot)

2) I think I saw a natural 20 for Sechrin's bow shot, did you confirm? A bow critical is +2d8+2 ! :smallbiggrin:

Xian
2008-02-12, 11:47 AM
((Breon is essentially still throwing up. Whether you want to interpret that as him still being hostile and wish to cast the spell, which is what it sounds like, is up to you. I'll make sure it's tallied in the resolution. And I do think you're right, that was a critical! I just saw "really big number" that I knew hit; I'll roll now to confirm a crit: [roll0]))

Whitewing
2008-02-12, 11:49 AM
The blond man attempts to resist the foul spell that would rob him of sight!

Will [roll0]

Psionic Dog
2008-02-12, 12:13 PM
Rashnik

The lizardman blinks hard as he tries to save his sight from the glare.

[roll0]

((Where are we in the initiative order again?))

Xian
2008-02-12, 01:57 PM
((It's Alan/JE's turn))

JEntropy
2008-02-13, 01:46 AM
Alan Gibbs

Alan sits back against the wall, struggling with the tanglefoot, the scene around him slowly coming into focus as the adrenaline pumps through him. He shields his eyes from the explosion of light overtop him, but he can't manage to protect himself in time, and the scene suddenly goes from a blinding white to a disturbing pitch black.

[roll0]

Terrific fight for Alan: tanglefooted, slept, and now blinded.

Sorry I missed a few turns. Things have been crazy, and I guess I haven't been keeping up with things well because I've been trying to follow the thread but missed where I was supposed to be posting...

I'll endeavor to be more diligent.

Xian
2008-02-14, 06:22 PM
An arrow whizzes out from the fog, shattering against the ceiling and the splinters falling to the floor.

Tristan - -2hp, Blind, 5 rounds remaining
Trez - Asleep
Minotaur - -Dying, 2 rounds of Unluck remaining
Wein - Blind, 1 rounds remaining, Darkvision
Scout - -17hp
Rosetta - Blind, 1 rounds remaining, Barkskin
Rashnik - -17hp, Blind, 5 rounds remaining
Aerhalyss
Breon - -24hp, Nauseous, 1 rounds remaining, cloud remains for 3 more
Sechrin - Blind, 5 rounds remaining
Bard - -20hp
Newcomer - Blind, 4 rounds remaining
Alan - -5hp, Blind, 4 rounds remaining
Ranger - Blind, 1 rounds remaining

((End Round 5))

Tristan lets out a roar of frustration at being robbed from his sight. He gingerly feels around, trying to orient himself in his now-dark environment.
Trez stirs a bit in his sleep, almost waking up, but then drifts right off again.
Brunk finds a similar peace...he shudders once or twice, and then ceases to breathe.
The two guards shuffle on, just barely breaking through the fog barrier. Their movements are stiff and shaky, much like Tristan's as they try to feel their way forward.
Through the fog, the Scout can be faintly heard stumbling to his feet. After a moment, they take off at a fast pace until he can no longer be heard.

Psionic Dog
2008-02-14, 09:36 PM
Rashnik

The lizardman blinks rapidly and gives a low hiss of frustration as he slowly backs up while tightly clutching his trident .

backs up 15 ft along the wall away from the bard and the newcomer.

Also, he readies a trident stab in response to anything that makes a melee attack against him before his sight returns.

[roll0]
[roll1] (<=50 hits)
[roll2]

((Only one of us can see? :smalleek: ))

Krelon
2008-02-15, 08:58 AM
Aerhalyss

Seeing how things are not getting better at all, she repeats what worked once with a silent prayer to Tymora the goddess of luck and fortune.

"I don't want to kill anyone, least you, man - why didn't you give up?". Speaking to Breon, Aer' drops the scroll held in one hand to the ground and takes out another. She continues speaking, this time strange arcane syllabs can be heard. For those who can see, with a hiss some - but not all - lines of writing dissolve from the scroll and the vapor turns into three shards of force. Two slam directly into Breon, the last taking a sharp curve disrupts Trez's snoring.

"TREZ ! Stand UP and defend! Sechrin in danger!"

actions break down:
free action: speak, drop scroll
move action: take out scroll of magic missile ( 2 missiles -> now 1 )
standard action: cast spell
damage: [roll0] and [roll1]
(poor Trez, doesn't even know what hit him.... but at least he can see clearly)

Xian
2008-02-15, 05:13 PM
As the blast of force slams into him, Breon's dry heave turns wet as his stomach succeeds in coughing up some blood. Weakly, he regains composure at last, his charred face handsome no more, his eyes filled with hate. He shakily begins to dig through his component pouch.
((Nausea kept him from acting this round, though he has now recovered, albeit barely standing. And he's clearly pissed.

Gonna give VE another chance to post this weekend before just moving on.))

Xian
2008-02-19, 05:09 PM
Trying to memorize exactly where the Wheets the bard was when he hit the first time, Sechrin, in all confidence, draws another arrow and fires again.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] (Evens = success; Odds = fail)

Xian
2008-02-19, 05:16 PM
Wheets stares dumbfounded at the blind Sechrin; that he was hit once was unbelievable, but twice? By someone blind? Ignoring the second arrow lodged in him, he takes notice of Breon's plight and begins playing a soothing melody that erases some of the injury and agony from the face the toasted wizard.

Krelon
2008-02-21, 04:11 AM
Aerhalyss

Need some time, hope Trez can hold the fighters for a few rounds

Picking up the scroll of invisibility, Aerhalyss quickly recites the words and fades from sight.

after casting 5ft. step diagonally: 1 right, 1 down. Now invisible for 3 minutes or until aggressive action.
question: casting a spell on myself is not aggressive, right?

EDIT:
@Xian: oops, it wasn't my round, was it? sorry, please ignore until it is my turn.

Xian
2008-02-22, 02:23 PM
((Unless it gave you an aura that would damage those near you, no, I do not believe that casting on yourself is an act of aggression.))

Whitewing
2008-02-23, 09:01 AM
Hearing the music, the Newcomer tries to smash the musician with a large blunt object. He mutters, "Curse this blindness. May Pelor guide my hand."

To attack the Bard
[roll0]
Chance to hit - under 50 is a hit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

If the spell the bard is playing provokes an Attack of Opportunity, then these are my rolls to hit him since he is in my threatened area

Attack [roll3]
Chance to hit - under 50 is a hit [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

JEntropy
2008-02-26, 08:44 PM
Alan Gibbs (-5hp, 4 rounds of blindness remaining)

If not for the continued din of the battle around him, the rogue might have questioned just how powerful that blast of light had been.

Rubbing his eyes to no effect, he calls out tentatively to his comrades-in-arms: Sechrin...Aerhalyss...I can't see a damned thing...

Hearing Aerhalyss' call to Trez, he closes his eyes resolutely, focusing on the task at hand: freeing himself of the entangling goo so that, should his vision return, he can come to Sechrin's aid as well.

Sorry for holding up the game again. Still not sure what Alan can do blinded, and realized today that he should never have been slept in the first place... :smallfrown:

Xian
2008-02-27, 05:10 PM
Perhaps from hearing Rosetta and Wein's shuffling steps, the ranger can be heard slowly approaching through the fog.

((End Round 6))

Tristan - -2hp, Blind, 4 rounds remaining
Trez - -5
Minotaur - Dead
Wein - Darkvision
Rosetta - Barkskin
Rashnik - -17hp, Blind, 4 rounds remaining
Aerhalyss - Invisible
Breon - -14hp, cloud remains for 2 more
Sechrin - Blind, 4 rounds remaining
Wheets - -28hp
Newcomer - Blind, 3 rounds remaining
Alan - -5hp, Blind, 3 rounds remaining
Ranger

Backing up against the wall, Tristan holds his sword outward to ward off any attacks from whatever direction they might come.
Aerhalyss' spell smacking him upside the head, Trez finally comes to. Dazed, he stands up. "Aerhalyss? What's going on? Wein, what are you doing here?" Taking her advice, he moves (U5) to place himself between Sechrin and the attackers, though clearly with a look of uncertainty on his face.
Wein ignores Trez for the moment, and in tandem he and Rosetta tackle the blinded Tristan. Despite their apparently bumbling nature, Wein deftly disarms Tristan while Rosetta takes him to the ground. In moments, they have him tightly bound with ropes that came from somewhere.

((JE, no worries, I'm just glad you're still here. As for what you can do, I'm not sure, but it looks like Krelon is cooking up something. Going on the defensive is never a bad choice.))

Psionic Dog
2008-02-27, 09:36 PM
Rashnik

When no threat immediately appears the lizard-man hesitates, his back to the wall, and then pulls out his wand of curing. It's his only wand so he can't have grabbed the wrong one, and its easy to tap himself with it.

[roll0]

He's now at 17/28 HP

Krelon
2008-02-28, 04:02 AM
((this should be the right spot in initiative, if I'm not mistaken))

Aerhalyss

Need some time, hope Trez can hold the fighters for a few rounds

Picking up the scroll of invisibility, Aerhalyss quickly recites the words and fades from sight.

after casting 5ft. step diagonally: 1 right, 1 down. Now invisible for 3 minutes or until aggressive action.

Xian
2008-02-29, 05:54 PM
Turning his attention to the more immediate threat at hand, Breon casts a spell at the newcomer. A trio of bright rings coalesce around him, trying to bind him in place. ((Will save DC 17; success dispels, failure results in paralysis; can make a new saving throw each turn.))

Having had perfect aim even while sightless, Sechrin fires his bow once again at the bard.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] <=50 hits

Wheets continues his tune and much like with Breon, injuries visibly fade from his appearance.

Whitewing
2008-03-03, 04:58 PM
Unable to see, but feeling the force from an outside spell trying to affect him, the newcomer shouts, "By Pelor, I shall not be affected by your vile magics!" And oddly, he seems correct in that fact as he once again swings his mace wildly at the music. He mutters, "Curse this blindness."

Main attack
[roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Chance to hit (50 or lower) [roll2]

Attack of Opportunity if available
Sounds spell in threat range
Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Chance to hit (50 or lower) [roll5]

JEntropy
2008-03-04, 09:49 AM
Alan Gibbs (-5hp, Blind 3 rounds)

Being free of the goo, Alan closes his eyes, remembering how the fight had played out so far; braces the wall to get to his feet, and draws his blades. He assumes a defensive stance, back against the wall, and calls out at his opponents.

Come on then. Will you hide behind music and the arcane, or are any of you man enough to face me?

Move Action: Stand
Full Defense Action, +6 dodge bonus to AC (five ranks in tumble) -> AC 25

Xian
2008-03-04, 05:25 PM
((Give me a little time to post. I haven't forgotten that it's my turn, I just noticed that I have a lot of stuff to resolve all at once, and it's going to require a focused effort. I'll try to have a resolution/new turn by the end of today, but definitely by tomorrow.))

Xian
2008-03-05, 07:00 PM
Stepping out of the fog, the ranger assesses the situation. He heads towards Tristan's bound body, pulls out a dagger and holds it to his throat. "You all should stop now," he commands, "Or your companion's life is over."

((End Round 7))

Tristan - -2hp, Bound, Blind, 3 rounds remaining
Trez - -5hp
Wein - Darkvision
Rosetta - Barkskin
Rashnik - -11hp, Blind, 3 rounds remaining
Aerhalyss - Invisible
Breon - -14hp, cloud remains for 1 more
Sechrin - Blind, 3 rounds remaining
Wheets - -16hp
Newcomer - Blind, 2 rounds remaining
Alan - -5hp, Blind, 2 rounds remaining
Ranger

"Sir, what's going on?"Trez asks the ranger. "Why are we all fighting each other?" Still cautious and uncertain, he draws his sword and makes himself ready for any hostile actions.
Wein and Rosetta exchange a look at Trez's words. Rosetta then rushes him. Trez swings in reflex, but Rosetta's thick skin deflects most of the attack, and she knocks him to the ground. Wein then tackles the blind Sechrin, trying to bind him but having a tougher time without Rosetta's help.

((Good God, work was busy today. I was hoping to have something up before lunch, but oh well. Blegh, I need an Irish Car Bomb.))

Psionic Dog
2008-03-06, 02:51 PM
Rashnik

Feeling slightly better the lizard-man crouches a little lower holding his trident wearily, ready for violence.

"Hsss... perhaps. But, I can speak only for myself. Team? Is all lost so soon? I'll keep my distance, you just keep yours."

Trident readied against anyone attacking/disarming/bull-rushing/tripping/etc him.

[roll0]
[roll1] (≤50 hits)
[roll2]

Krelon
2008-03-07, 12:23 PM
Aerhalyss

this is bad

Violent actions clearly not possible the elf rushes over to where her comrade is held hostage. When passing near Rashnik she whispers "play for time, I do my best".

just double move (60ft.) over to Tristan, should be standing next to him and his captor (still invisible).
[roll0]

Xian
2008-03-11, 10:27 AM
Breon scrutinizes the scene with a suspicious look; he seems to realize that someone's missing. He begins digging through his component pouch, utters a small swear after apparently failing to find what he needed, and begins rummaging some more.
Sechrin struggles with Wein, doing a fair job at keeping him at bay, but the stalemate will definitely go against him if Rosetta manages to help.
Wheets strums up one last verse of the tune he had been playing, looking only slightly ragged as opposed to the bedraggled bloody mess he was mere moments ago. "So it looks like one of you decided to run away," he says to the remaining (visible) party members. "Smart girl; too bad you won't be afforded the same opportunity."

Whitewing
2008-03-12, 09:34 AM
Unable to see anything, and not really knowing the voices yet, the newcomer isn't sure what is really going on. He shifts his stance a bit, going on the defensive until he can see again, or something else alerts him toward action. Hopefully, Pelor will guide his hand soon.

Going full defense this round, +4 to AC - 21 total

JEntropy
2008-03-17, 12:39 AM
Alan Gibbs (-5hp, Blind 2 rounds)

Not one of ya with'a stones to fight a blind man, eh?

Alan maintains his defensive stance, raising his outstretched blades in a menacing taunt.

Xian
2008-03-18, 02:40 PM
"Trez, I should really be asking you the same thing," the ranger replies. "If you've switched sides on me, you've chosen a poor time to do so." Returning his attention to the remainder of the group, he addresses them once again. "I am NOT playing games. Surrender now, or I slit his throat." To emphasize his point (for those who can still see), he digs the blade into Tristan's throat ever so slightly, drawing a few drops of blood.
((End Round 8))

Tristan - -3hp, Bound, Blind, 2 rounds remaining
Trez - -5hp
Wein - Darkvision
Rosetta - Barkskin
Rashnik - -11hp, Blind, 2 rounds remaining
Aerhalyss - Invisible
Breon - -14hp
Sechrin - Blind, 2 rounds remaining
Wheets - -10hp
Newcomer - Blind, 1 rounds remaining
Alan - -5hp, Blind, 1 rounds remaining
Ranger

Tristan, knowing a bad situation when he's in one, refrains from moving.
"No sir, I haven't turned, but I'm confused by this infighting. Who is the enemy here?" asks a bemused Trez. He tries to get around Rosetta to aid the struggling Sechrin, but her massive form blocks his every move.
Wein succeeds in his scuffle with Sechrin, binding his feet and legs and taking extra care to gag his mouth. "Oh, I've got the stones," he says to Alan's challenge, "Let's see what you've got, blind man." He stands back just out of reach to watch Alan's actions while he determines his plan of attack.

Psionic Dog
2008-03-19, 08:28 PM
Rashnik

The lizardman hesitates, his trident wavering in the air. This has not been a good day. Everything keeps getting worse. "One Moment!" The lizardman snaps "Alan? I won't betray you with surrender if you still feel strong... but with all our companions taken or fled surrender may be our only option..." The lizardman continues slowly trying to eek out a bit more time.

I don't know if that counted as a bluff, but if it did:
[roll0] One big helping of half-truth heavily seasoned with alternative motives and exaggeration. Perhaps a -5 on our foes' motives sense since they want to believe it all?

Still holding the a ready action, but I'm going to stop rolling. Its a
+7 Trident 1d8+7 with a 50% miss chance if it's ever needed.

Krelon
2008-03-20, 05:05 AM
Aerhalyss

The elf hesitates not sure if the threat is an empty one.

[roll0]
no action

((if she is sure that it is an empty threat, she will continue to stall, else she will say "It seems we have no choice, we must surrender or Tristan will die"))

EDIT: ((OOC: Bad sense motive doesnt help at all, well then, let's surrender - cannot cause the death of a team mate in cold blood))

Xian
2008-03-20, 03:14 PM
Aerhalyss:
The ranger is deadly serious, and he seems like he'd be nasty about it too.

I'm assuming what she says will be whispered to companions, given her invisibility?
((Waiting for a clarification on Aerhalyss' actions before continuing.))

Krelon
2008-03-21, 08:23 AM
((clarifying))

Aerhalyss

The elf moves away from the ranger slightly into the fog and speaks loudly since the battle is spread over several dozens of feet distance.

"I can still see and it seems we have no choice, if we don't surrender Tristan will die."

Xian
2008-03-21, 02:19 PM
Breon continues rummaging until he finds a particular scroll he was looking for. He opens it up and gives it a once-over and then looks to Wheets for further directions.
Sechrin can do nothing but mumble against the gag.
"Oh, so you didn't run away after all," says Wheets. "A shame; you should have taken the opportunity when you had it. Step out of the fog and surrender so we can be done with this business."

Whitewing
2008-03-22, 12:08 PM
Still completely unable to see and not sure who is who, the Newcomer keeps his defensive stance until he can see once more.

JEntropy
2008-03-23, 01:39 PM
Alan Gibbs (Blind, -5hp)

Alan is in a very confusing position, being denied his most valued sense amid the chaos around him. Aerhalyss' claim that they should surrender leaves him wondering whether she says this of her own volition, or whether some means of magic has compelled her to do so – especially considering that one of the villainous guards has allegedly taken his bait and risen to a fight.

Alan rubs his eyes again, with the back of his hand, and keeps his defensive posture, waiting.

Xian
2008-03-26, 03:51 PM
"Well done," says the ranger. "Now if you'll kindly come out of hiding and make this process simpler." He doesn't remove the knife from Tristan's throat just yet, but neither does he inflict further injury.

((End round 9))

Tristan - -3hp, Bound, Blind, 1 rounds remaining
Trez - -5hp
Wein - Darkvision
Rosetta - Barkskin
Rashnik - -11hp, Blind, 1 rounds remaining
Aerhalyss - Invisible
Breon - -14hp
Sechrin - Blind, 1 rounds remaining
Wheets - -10hp
Newcomer
Alan - -5hp
Ranger

Tristan continues to remain motionless, aware that he stands close to death.
Trez and Rosetta shuffle around, one trying to reach Sechrin, the other blocking his every attempt.
Wein, seeing an opening when Alan rubs his eyes, attacks. He lunges forward and Alan feels tough, callused hands grab him and try to wrench him to the ground. ((Need opposed grapple check DC 22: 1d20+BAB+STR. Success - break free; failure - grappling (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#grapple)))

Psionic Dog
2008-03-28, 09:39 AM
Rashnik

For a moment the lizardman frowns, blinking as his sight starts to slowly return. The original plan was to delay for time, but it sounds like the situation has gotten worse.

He continues to silently hold his position, try not to call attention to himself.

JEntropy
2008-03-28, 10:59 PM
Alan's Grapple Check:
[roll0]

*Fingers crossed* The last thing I need, after being entangled, slept and blinded, is to be grappled...

Meh, I guess it could be worse.

Krelon
2008-03-29, 04:07 AM
Aerhalyss

Seeing her friends tied, grappled, gaged and threatened the elf sighs.

"You certainly tried not kill any us. Let Tristan live, I give up"

Tymora, goddess of luck, grant me some good fortune for whatever comes next

Aerhalyss walks out of the fog and holds her hands up, showing that she is holding no spell component. Dismissing invisibility.

Xian
2008-04-03, 04:15 PM
Seeing Aerhalyss appear from nowhere, Breon puts the scroll he had produced back into his bag and instead produces a wand. With Sechrin, Trez, Tristan and Alan all preoccupied in their own way, he keeps his gaze roving over Rashnik, Aerhalyss and the newcomer.
Sechrin continues to mumble and struggle, the cords giving him a fair bit of trouble.
"There you are, little bird. Quite clever. Now stay put for Ansen to clip your wings," says Wheets, indicating the ranger.

OOC:
((I sincerely apologize for the slow updating. I'll be honest, a lot of this encounter didn't go in ways I had anticipated, meaning I made a newbie-level GM mistake of making assumptions of exactly how things would pan out. This is not a bad thing in any way, so don't think I'm disappointed, but it does mean I've had to ad lib a fair bit, and that takes some work, especially since so many people are involved, PC and NPC alike. Throw in a busy work week or two and you've got a GM who gets distracted before he can straighten out what to do next. Thanks for the patience in all of this.))

Whitewing
2008-04-07, 03:00 PM
As his vision clears, the new addition smiles, "Pelor be praised. I have sight again." But his joy is a temporary one as he sees the situation playing out before him. His righteous anger is only tempered by the potential cost to those he sent to help. He spits a bit, "Cowards. Such tactics are the truest sign of your evil intent." However, he does lower his weapon in preparation to surrender to save the life.

Whitewing
2008-04-07, 03:03 PM
double post

Xian
2008-04-11, 05:13 PM
((*Nudge* JE, it's your turn))

JEntropy
2008-04-12, 04:26 PM
Alan Gibbs, Grappled

Alan struggles with his opponent, and feigns weakness before trying to slip one of his bared daggers into the man who jumped him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Sorry I didn't post sooner. We competed in Virginia's CFA Investment Research Challenge on Thursday, and most of the week leading up to it was spent in preparation. We won, and are going to NY at the end of the month.

Xian
2008-04-15, 06:34 PM
((As most everyone has surrendered, I'm effectively ending combat, save for between Alan and Wein; I won't include Rashnik in the initiative, but I'm aware that he is remaining on the defensive. If you wish to join in, merely make your actions known and keep your same initiative position.))

Wein draws his breath in a hiss as Alan's dagger slices his skin, then throws his leg out and uses his not-inconsiderable weight to try to trip Alan to the ground. ((Need opposing grapple check, DC19))

"Breon," says Wheets, "Prepare the way for our cooperative friends here."

Breon, rolling his eyes at the two men fighting with each other, finds an open space on the ground and pulls out a vial of amber dust. Taking out a brush of some sorts, he begins "painting" designs on the floor.

JEntropy
2008-04-16, 01:11 AM
Alan Gibbs, Grappled -5hp

[roll0]

Psionic Dog
2008-04-16, 06:30 PM
Rashnik

The lizardman stands blinking as his sight returns. He looks right and sees Alan wrestling while Breon starts to paint on the ground. He looks left and sees Aerhalyss standing open handed in surrender while a knife is held to Tristan.

No one seems to be paying him much attention.

Without a word or a sound Rashnik places his trident over his shoulder in a relaxed stance and tries to calmly walk away (toward the corner the guards originally came from). He tries real hard to act like a Slave Lord's guardsman and remain a non-threatening unobtrusive and above all an unnoticed and unquestioned figure in the background. With any luck he can make it around the corner and out of sight before anyone notices he has moved.

((What would this be: hide? disguise? bluff?))

Xian
2008-04-17, 05:08 PM
((Gonna be Hide and Move Silently checks.))

With a THUD, Wein takes Alan to the ground. ((Alan's turn; now Pinned))

Psionic Dog
2008-04-17, 07:51 PM
[roll0] [roll1]

Xian
2008-04-18, 04:07 PM
Rashnik begins shuffling along the wall, doing his best to remain inconspicuous. Unfortunately his tail taps the wall a few times, not loudly, but enough to draw the attention of the ranger, Ansen.

"Stop right there, lizardman. You'll not be sneaking off anywhere if you care what happens to your cohorts here."

JEntropy
2008-04-19, 12:58 AM
Alan Gibbs, Pinned

After being wrestled to the ground, Alan attempts to slip free from the pin and his attacker, to give him the freedom of movement he needs.

[roll0]

Krelon
2008-04-19, 04:10 AM
Aerhalyss

Now that most of her friends have regained sight, the wizard is busy painting the floor and the ranger is distracted by Rashnik, she lowers her hands and her head as if being tired, while standing still at the edge of the fog.

Maybe something can be done... sure they don't see me as danger anymore

Whitewing
2008-04-21, 09:23 AM
Frustrated by the situation at hand, the newcomer looks at his would be captors and frowns deeply, "Such evilness around me. I can only pray that Pelor will bring light and truth to your foul hearts." His weapon lower, but not dropped, he begins to pray aloud, "Great Pelor, whose light shines upon all things, may you grant wisdom to these wretched creatures who would gain from the sufferings of others. Turn there hearts toward truth and honor and away from this dark path they are on." His voice is loud and full of righteousness.

Xian
2008-04-21, 06:19 PM
"Yes, yes the light of Pelor and whatnot," says Wheets, plugging one finger in his ear in mock irritation at the stranger's pontifications. "May he also give you the wisdom to put down that very sharp blade I see you're still holding."

Breon continues to "paint" with his dust, becoming ever more involved in his work and tuning out the outside world. The design is difficult to see, but is circular in shape and inscribed with ornate runes and glyphs.

Wein, successfully pinning his opponent, savors the victory for a brief moment before a dawning realization of "Now what?" breaks on his face. "Rosetta, can you help me out here?" he calls.

"I'm a little busy with my own task," she replies, still standing as a barrier for a reserved but persistent Trez.

"Well throw me an extra rope at least," he says to her.

The half-orcess reaches into a pack on her back, pulls out a coil of rope and tosses it to her fellow guard where it lands with a *whump* on his back.

"Thanks," he says drily and spends a moment trying to figure out how to reach and use the rope without letting Alan up while Rosetta smacks an opportunistic Trez who tried to dash by while she was distracted.
((JE, Wein effectively did nothing this turn other than maintain the pin, so it's your turn to do something.))

Ansen, knife still to Tristan's throat relaxes slightly but scans the hallway constantly in an attempt to keep his eyes on everyone at once.

Krelon
2008-04-22, 04:56 AM
Aerhalyss

While seemingly she did not much during the last few seconds, the elf has been trying to figure out what Breon is painting.

[roll0]
[roll1]

((OOC: I think it's ok to get some passive information from looking and still act after Rashnik, right?))

JEntropy
2008-04-23, 07:45 AM
Alan Gibbs, Pinned and about to be Hogtied

If finally grappling with one of the foes got Alan's adrenaline going, seeing the rope thrown sent it into overdrive. The freedom-loving rogue, after having been gooed, slept, blinded and now grappled, wouldn't bear the notion of being tied down like an animal by this brute. He kicks out again, rolling and twisting, trying to escape the pin.

[roll0]

Xian
2008-04-23, 12:46 PM
Aerhalyss:
((Sure thing; Alan and Wein are the only ones in any kind of order, and loosely at that.))
The dust...the designs...it clicks. Breon is creating a Teleportation Circle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/teleportationCircle.htm), an impressive, and expensive feat. You notice, though, that he seems to analyze the brush he's using every once in a while. It could be that it is the source of the amount power needed for such a spell, much like a wand or rod, rather than the spellcaster himself.

Alan:
With the aid of the adrenaline, Alan finally slips his way free of Wein, barely sliding out from underneath the man.

((Assuming Alan uses a move action to stand up rather than lay on the ground...))
Wein rises from the floor and gathers his rope in hand, taking time to adjust it into a useful arrangement and engages in a standoff with the rogue, looking for another opportunity to attack.

Krelon
2008-04-26, 09:39 AM
Aerhalyss

The elf shouts "Hey, magician! Where does the teleportation circle lead to?"

Psionic Dog
2008-04-26, 10:51 AM
Rashnik

The lizardman smiles. A teleportation circle eh? He continues to passively wait until the circle is finished or ally acts, fingering his trident as his eyes measure the distance to each of his foes in the room...

Whitewing
2008-04-29, 08:47 AM
The newcomer shakes his head, "I can not abandon the symbol of Pelor. My mace is his divine spirit made manifest and I shall not freely discard this, you will have to remove it from my hands." He looks closer at the man holding the blade to the innocent man's throat, "Will you add more blood to your hands? Let him go and end this evil. Turn away from this course and step into the light once more." Part of him knows that this won't work, but part of him hopes the distraction will open avenues to better ideas.

Diplomacy check to see if I can get him to release Tristan
[roll0]

Xian
2008-04-29, 01:17 PM
Breon continues his work on the ground, so absorbed in his designing he seems cut off from the outside world. Just when it seems he completely ignored Aerhalyss, he replies, "To the prisons." He outlines some more lacy designs before mumbling again, "Though with the fight you've put up, they might send you to the ceremonial block."

"Ah, you religious types and your deities. Holster it and pledge not to take it out again, and I won't have Ansen slit his throat. Your type is honorable to a fault, so I know you wouldn't dare break a promise made, now would you?"

Whitewing
2008-05-08, 10:04 AM
The newcomer listens to what is said and slowly lowers his mace to his side. He nods, grimly, "I will not attack you while that man's life is in your hands. But, I can't say that I will hold to that should you murder him." He narrows his eyes and stares at Wheets intently.

Xian
2008-05-08, 01:11 PM
"Fair enough," says the bard, glibly, almost dismissively.

Breon continues his business on the floor; judging from the stylizations and intricacies in his designs, he is either nearly finished or attempting obscene levels of detail.

((For Alan vs. Wein, it's Alan's turn as Wein is looking for an opportunity. I should have made that clearer.))

Krelon
2008-05-08, 06:04 PM
Aerhalyss

"I guess you would not waste a scroll of teleportation circle just to kill us...."

She sighs.

JEntropy
2008-05-10, 08:39 PM
Alan Gibbs

Seeing his opportunity, Alan lowers his gaze and acts as though he's laying down arms, then swiftly strikes at his attacker once more.

It was probably me that didn't get it. I'm in the midst of finals, working on a take-home due Monday morning, so I'm sorry I'm (once again) holding things up.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

I hope I don't get everyone into more trouble, but I have a feeling that this guy is going to attack me whether I hit him or not...

Xian
2008-05-13, 05:59 PM
In his haste to attack, Alan loses his grip on his dagger and it clatters to the floor. He takes a swing with his off hand and nearly slices Wein in half, but his armor repels the attack. In the arc of the swing, Alan does manage to leave a light scratch on the man's cheek.

Pissed and frustrated, Wein strikes back with his fists, only to have the nimble rogue dodge the blow.

Psionic Dog
2008-05-15, 11:22 AM
Rashnik

The lizardman stares at Alan's sudden attack, looks over to see what Aerhalyss's reaction was, and then charges the Ranger (Ansen?) as the fray starts to build.

Rashnik doesn't stop when he hits the ranger: he plows into him at full speed and keeps moving.

Improved Bull Rush: No AoO from the ranger.
[roll0]

Xian
2008-05-15, 06:07 PM
Ansen tumbles to the side with a wooosh as air is knocked out of his lungs. "So that's how it's going to be, eh reptile? Well done; now let's not waste time with this." He stands up and sheathes his dagger, puts up his fists and prepares to fight.

((For clarification, which direction did you push him?))

Krelon
2008-05-16, 02:56 AM
Aerhalyss

Still standing just at the edge of the fog bank the elf looks closely where any one is standing exactly and what their status is.

((OOC: can we have an update who is where and doing what in which condition? ))

JEntropy
2008-05-17, 01:05 AM
Alan Gibbs

Emboldened, Alan flips his dagger into his main hand and quickly draws another from his belt, lashing out at his attacker with both blades.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

I'm speechless. I have never in my life rolled as poorly as Alan does in this game.

Psionic Dog
2008-05-17, 09:24 AM
Rashnik pushes the ranger away from the helpless paladin.

Up and to the right I believe if that direction is clear, if not subtract 2 from Rashnick's bull rush since he couldn't charge and instead push the ranger down and to the right. Either way, the lizardman would prefer to end standing to the left of the ranger with a clear path to the teleportation circle.

Xian
2008-05-27, 12:33 PM
((Are folks going to post their positions? Rashnik, Tristan and Ansen are accounted for. Breon and Wheets are along the north wall a little west of the doorway to the barracks, the bard standing guard over the oblivious mage. Rosetta is a bit west of them and more towards the middle of the hall, Sechrin behind her and Trez in front. Wein's position is dependent on where Alan is.))

Whitewing
2008-05-27, 03:09 PM
((OOC: When I was blind, I was over smacking on the Bard, and unless they have moved away from me, I am still there. I think there are bad guys between me and the regular group.))

Krelon
2008-05-27, 06:02 PM
If the path is clear Aerhalyss will simply move over and cut the rope that binds Tristan. (since the ranger is away)

JEntropy
2008-05-28, 08:22 AM
Alan had just gotten up from the wall when he was grappled. Ostensibly still dancing in a 5' radius around that position.

Xian
2008-06-09, 05:14 PM
Trez continues to try to find a way around Rosetta, though his enthusiasm has waned and despairs at finding a way around her huge form.
Wein evades the rogue's blades, and attacks with a riposte of his own (-1hp).

((Modified OoI))
Trez - -5hp
Wein - Darkvision
Rosetta - Barkskin
Rashnik - -11hp
Aerhalyss
Newcomer
Alan - -6hp
Ansen

Finally looking up from his handiwork, Breon surveys the violence beginning to once again break out. He scowls in frustration, exchanges a meaningful glance and quiet words with Wheets, and steps into the circle he just created. The fabric of space swirls around the mage before he vanishes from sight.

((Attempt at a map))
I couldn't track down VE's last map, so I'm approximating using one of his older maps and the positions you all have stated. If I'm off on a position, let me know and I'll correct it immediately.
________________________|. .|______
.......W..Al..................(..).Wh............. ...
.................An........Tz..Ro...........N..... .......
........Ae..R..T...............S.................. ..........
.................................................. .......

Krelon
2008-06-10, 07:48 AM
Aerhalyss

The elf fires a color spray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/colorSpray.htm) at Wein. (With a Will save DC of 16). If he fails he will be blinded (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#blinded)and stunned (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#stunned) for [roll0] rounds and after that stunned for another 1 round. If he has more than 4 HD (edit: above 4 HD instead of being blinded, there will be only a stun) he will be stunned for only 1 round and drops everything he is holding.

The she moves down+right behind Rashnik to get some cover from melee.

Psionic Dog
2008-06-11, 05:24 PM
Rashnik

"Hesss, oh yesss It'll be this way!" The lizardman says laughing as he drops his trident. He doesn't bother with fists: he has claws!

(power attack[1] on each claw swip)
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

Whitewing
2008-06-18, 04:01 PM
Seeing the fight break out once more, the newcomer resumes his head bashing and closes in on Wheets, attempting to bring Pelor's judgment through his mace.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]