PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next I have made a full 20 level Lycanthrope class and would appreciate feedback.

The Ship's dog
2017-09-19, 01:12 AM
As the title suggests, I would like some input on a class that I have made, I ned someone to tell me which parts are balanced and which are not. I tried to keep it balanced, but I'm still new to this so it might not be.
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/S1dxADnne

Thank you for reading and double thanks if you have read it. Most thanks if you have given feedback too, I'm quite nervous about it.

Sir Brett Nortj
2017-09-19, 02:04 AM
I read through some of it, and, found that you and i have come up with similar ideas regarding talking to plants. i thought the ability to talk to plants was so powerful in my original game that was all you could do with that class, by the way...

The Ship's dog
2017-09-19, 02:45 AM
I read through some of it, and, found that you and i have come up with similar ideas regarding talking to plants. i thought the ability to talk to plants was so powerful in my original game that was all you could do with that class, by the way...

Sorry, I'm a bit tired and so I'm not fully understanding what you are saying. Should I change the talk with plants to be less good?

Sariel Vailo
2017-09-19, 03:35 AM
I like it nuff said

The Ship's dog
2017-09-19, 05:37 AM
I like it nuff said

Do you think that it is balanced?

Sir Brett Nortj
2017-09-19, 12:31 PM
Sorry, I'm a bit tired and so I'm not fully understanding what you are saying. Should I change the talk with plants to be less good?

Well, now that you are refreshed, i will explain to you how it could work...

For starters, flower petals could be used for mapping the world, through pollination of bees and wasps, and, beetles?

Then, they could 'sniff' - the petals - the surrounding area regarding other flowers and tell which are no longer there from a linkage of pollination residue in the air, telling you which are being 'walked on' if daisy weeds, yes? this would allow you to understand oncoming enemies or friends, of course - elves will be smelt by them to smell different, and, orcs would trample them, due to karma, and, that would mean that there would be a way of seeing the surrounding area as it happens.

Then, vines could remember by strength exerted on them who has passed by. this would see them reveal which monsters are up ahead, of course. as well as that, the plants could be told to grow over certain 'portals,' reveal 'portals' or form doorway covers, ad well as showing hidden forest top camps, and, scratches on the wood would reveal, for example, troglodytes and things, yes?

If it includes nature in general, you could know from earth worms where is it heavy underfoot, as they come up for that. then, with other ideas...

It is basically like greater divination! like as a mere plus to the lycanthrope class, a fighting divining shape changer? this in my opinion is the way it could be used. it should be more limited, if you ask, me, as they get so much else too.

The Ship's dog
2017-09-19, 02:51 PM
*snip*

I think what you are talking about is the stuff that would be left up to DM execution, so the purely mechanical side of the ability won't be changed. Thank you for taking the time to read through some of it and giving advice!