PDA

View Full Version : Scion

Yithian
2007-08-13, 05:27 PM
Since there is a World of Darkness thread, we may as well discuss Scion: Hero.

What do people think of it? Do the rules work? Is the game play entertaining? Any serious problems?

Personally, I enjoy the system. While it is not Exalted-Modern, it is similar, and offers itself to a variety of play styles, from horror to action adventure.

That is just my opinion, however, and I would like to hear what everyone else thinks.

Yithian

Kurobara
2007-08-13, 07:54 PM
Just watch out for the soak - it got moved to after the damage roll (presumably to counter auto-successes from Epic Strength), which makes it about twice as good, often impossible to punch through.

Quickest fix is just to cut them all in half, since in Scion soak's about twice as good, but what makes the most sense in my head is to do soak like normal for Exalted except allow soak from Epic Stamina to reduce even Essence (well, Legend in Scion) ping, much like starmetal armor.

I've only done the demo so far, though, and ended up doing the former there just so as to not have to recalculate soaks on the fly, so I haven't tried the latter idea.

Josh the Aspie
2007-08-13, 08:04 PM
I've started to play it. My biggest problem was that right off the bat I started playing a Scion of Anansi. This lead to creation complexities that perhaps the DM wasn't prepared to work through with me. There was also the problem that even with the American legends of Anansi I've run into, cheval just doesn't make sense, so even though he fits right in with the Voodoo dieties in everything else...

Also, generally speaking, if you want to play a smart hero, make a deal with another person taking epic intelligence first so that both of you have the teaching prodigy knack. Otherwise you might either get blamed for not taking it, or have all of your characters time taken up doing nothing BUT teaching others.

Drglenn
2008-01-16, 09:46 PM
It's the first white wolf game i've played and i like it

I'm a scion of Thor who collects the heads of the big enemies I kill (i've got dragon, fire giant, cyclops and minotaur heads so far)

Scions with sky magic and epic strength can get incredible jumping abilities, My Scion can jump 32 feet into the air or 64 feet horizontally