PDA

View Full Version : What race and class(es) would you be? You.

Dalebert
2017-09-19, 09:11 PM
Let's say you found yourself in a Forgotten Realms or similar D&D world. It's basically you but maybe your race has changed and even your stats if need be. Maybe you're stronger or wiser or whatever but your memory and personality are intact. Think True Polymorph. You have the opportunity, and possibly the need due to some external circumstance that demands your attention, to take up adventuring. What adventuring career path do you choose?

Keep in mind this is you physically there. Like, don't pick Tabaxi for a race unless you're sincerely a furry. (This is a no judgment thread) And for instance, if you hated studying in school maybe wizard ain't your bag. Know what I mean?

Protato
2017-09-19, 09:20 PM
I'd be a Tabaxi Sorcerer or something, maybe Tabaxi Fighter? I like Sorcerers but I've done a little bit of HEMA before, so I know how to use a Longsword, at least a little and at least in theory. As for Tabaxi, I think you can figure out why, OP themselves mentions it.

Kane0
2017-09-19, 09:40 PM
By process of elimination, I reckon I'd be an AT rogue. Likely human, but possibly a half elf.

Provo
2017-09-19, 09:50 PM
I'm a cost estimator and risk analyst. My entire job is to try to be a Divination Wizard.

So human (non-variant) Divination Wizard.

Drayelock
2017-09-19, 09:52 PM
Hmm good question.

I think I would be a Human Cleric with the Knowledge Domain.

I try to remain pious and one of the few things I am actually skilled at is reading and research.

scalyfreak
2017-09-19, 10:04 PM
Probably a knowledge cleric, of a benevolent god who approves of outside-the-box thinking and snark.

And a half-elf.

Dalebert
2017-09-19, 10:05 PM
I'd probably be torn between moon elf and dark elf for race. The lifespan and lack of need for sleep would just be too appealing. I don't mind studying when it's an interesting subject so I'd go wizard illusionist. I love being able to mess with people's heads. Also, I love fantasizing about being able to fight like a monk but in all honesty, I'd probably have a hard time hurting someone or something up close and personal. It would be easy to get over zapping things to death from a distance.

Marcloure
2017-09-19, 10:10 PM
I would be a good-for-nothing peasant halfling probably a wizard, since I like math, programming and to study. But what race? As I'm a human irl, it's kind of hard to guess something else.

I don't like to dance, sing or to be idle, so not an elf or hafling.
I'm slightly taller and weaker than the avarage, but I almost never get too sick.
I don't have political or religious alignment.
I'm not inclined to start a conversation, but I talk back if someone come at me.
I tend to be rigid and stick to the rules.

So, I think we got a dragonborn? A wizard dragonborn. I think a gnome could do too, and obviously a not variant human.

Naanomi
2017-09-19, 10:17 PM
Im a teacher, that makes me what... a Lore Bard? Probably V Human, but I could see Halfling being an option

Sigreid
2017-09-19, 10:23 PM
Wood elf moon druid. Nature skills, magic and the ability to transform into animals and eventually elementals would make for a freedom we can barely even imagine in our world.

mgshamster
2017-09-19, 10:24 PM
Tiefling has always been my favorite race, so I'd likely be that.

I'm a professional scientist with 6 different degrees and published works, so wizard is the obvious choice. Likely transmutation, as I'm a chemist and there is no alchemist tradition.

Background: Soldier. Four years in the army with two wars under my belt, before I went to college.

Marcloure
2017-09-19, 10:24 PM
Im a teacher, that makes me what... a Lore Bard? Probably V Human, but I could see Halfling being an option

Depends on what kind of teacher you are. If you are into academics and scientific research, so a wizard would maybe suit you better. If you do because you like teaching, then a lore bard, yes.

Finieous
2017-09-19, 10:34 PM
Unless I magically forget what a decent civilization looks like, I'm going to focus on comfort, convenience and survival. Make me a noble hill dwarf, paladin, I suppose, with some squish oath that isn't too onerous. I wouldn't be keen on adventuring long term, but getting to 3rd level for divine health would be free. Disease sucks bad enough with medical science.

Probably oath of the crown and a political/estate management career, as soon as I could get out of the adventuring business.

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-09-19, 10:38 PM
Now I have a couple years under my belt I wouldn't mind being an elf. Them fellas, well heck, if we were elves our grandfathers could have served in Rome's armies.

Finieous
2017-09-19, 10:41 PM
Now I have a couple years under my belt I wouldn't mind being an elf. Them fellas, well heck, if we were elves our grandfathers could have served in Rome's armies.

I thought about that, but an actual afterlife (if I'm not too much of a ****), would be a big upgrade.

Naanomi
2017-09-19, 10:41 PM
Depends on what kind of teacher you are. If you are into academics and scientific research, so a wizard would maybe suit you better. If you do because you like teaching, then a lore bard, yes.
I'm a Special Ed teacher, but have two masters (one in Special Ed, one in Cogntive Neuroscience) and am slowly working my way through a doctorate... I still lean lore-bard, I teach every subject and grapple more often than I like... Jack of All Trades is a must

dejarnjc
2017-09-19, 10:47 PM
Elven moon druid. All the goodies with almost no drawback. Incredibly long lifespan. The ability to heal and shapeshift. Utility spells AND defensive/offensive spells. No need to study or make a bargain w/ a powerful entity or serve a god.

Sigreid
2017-09-19, 10:49 PM
Elven moon druid. All the goodies with almost no drawback. Incredibly long lifespan. The ability to heal and shapeshift. Utility spells AND defensive/offensive spells. No need to study or make a bargain w/ a powerful entity or serve a god.

Yep. All that is why that's what I went with. Plus, I'm not even sure it would be possible to corner and kill a moon druid that decided to make his survival job one after just a couple of levels.

Sir cryosin
2017-09-19, 10:57 PM
I would be v-human I'm not a religious person anymore but if i was a throw into a world with gods that show there existence through clerics. I would be a cleric of a magic deity. I would get proficiency in heavy armor and a greatsword. I would like to be a wizard but I get distracted and lose interest in things easily. So I don't think I cast stick to all the studying a wizard does. But a Arcane cleric is a nice medium for me with heavy armor a greatsword green-flame blade. Then healing magic magic missile, guiding bolt, spiritual weapon, spirit guardians, summoning spell and planar binding. And a few other spells I'm good. If I had a second choice it's a paladin and third choice is arcane archer fighter.

Cyan Wisp
2017-09-19, 11:17 PM
Eh, probably a halfling, though by nature, not physicality. Stout seems right. I'm not very sneaky, but I do have a good constitution.

Alignment: Neutral Good. I'm generally a nice guy and like living in a Lawful society, even if I break the rules as it suits, and often.

Background: Entertainer. Went to drama school.

I'm an actor/teacher/entertainer by nature also. But also quite techie and engineer-y.

So... NG Entertainer Stout Halfling Lore Bard/Artificer. Vicious Mockery aimed at students is my specialty. I even printed off a "Teaser's Licence" that I keep in my wallet.

Christopher K.
2017-09-19, 11:18 PM
Well, I'd potentially be an elf, as I tend not to sleep much (and when I do, it's a light sleep where I could swear I'm aware of my surroundings). My friends have also told me that I've got a degree of grace when I'm "in the zone" on a project.

Class-wise, I'd either be a College of Lore Bard or an Arcane Trickster Rogue because I tend to "float" between disciplines and skill sets.

SharkForce
2017-09-19, 11:20 PM
hmmm... i'm gonna go with alchemist artificer. maybe svirfneblin? i think i'd be okay with being small :P

sulimo0310
2017-09-20, 12:01 AM
I would almost certainly be a Shield Dwarf Lore Bard. I played Football (offensive line) and wrestled in High School and college, but wasn't big enough to play for a big school or go pro. I was always above average in most subjects (Low A's and high B's) but rarely the best at anything. I am admittedly not much of a fighter, and far more likely to charm or intimidatie my way out of a conflict. If worse came to worse, I would be far more useful grappling and holding down somone in a fight and supporting my allies than trading actual blows.

Nidgit
2017-09-20, 12:35 AM
I'd be an Arcane Trickster or Land Druid (Coast), most likely. Probably an Arcane Trickster Forest Gnome despite not being small since their disposition is probably most similar to mine.

grumbaki
2017-09-20, 12:56 AM
I'd choose to be an elf. For the long life, impossibility of gaining weight, no need to shave, and long life.

And I'd choose sorcerer. Unlimited power with no studying or hard work.

Sorlock Master
2017-09-20, 01:58 AM
Race- Warforged
Class- Bladelock/Necromancer

Always wanted to be taller, and if im going to do anything im going to swing a giant blade around and make minions to serve my desires. I wouldn't even dissmiss the Sword I would just drag it around behind me like Pyramid Head.

8wGremlin
2017-09-20, 02:28 AM
Well according to this... http://www.easydamus.com/character.html

I am a:

Ability Scores:
Strength- 11
Dexterity- 14
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 17
Wisdom- 15
Charisma- 12

Alignment:
Chaotic Good- A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he's kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society. Chaotic good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit. However, chaotic good can be a dangerous alignment when it disrupts the order of society and punishes those who do well for themselves.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Primary Class:
Bards- Bards often serve as negotiators, messengers, scouts, and spies. They love to accompany heroes (and villains) to witness heroic (or villainous) deeds firsthand, since a bard who can tell a story from personal experience earns renown among his fellows. A bard casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer. Bards also share some specialized skills with rogues, and their knowledge of item lore is nearly unmatched. A high Charisma score allows a bard to cast high-level spells.

Secondary Class:
Sorcerers- Sorcerers are arcane spellcasters who manipulate magic energy with imagination and talent rather than studious discipline. They have no books, no mentors, no theories just raw power that they direct at will. Sorcerers know fewer spells than wizards do and acquire them more slowly, but they can cast individual spells more often and have no need to prepare their incantations ahead of time. Also unlike wizards, sorcerers cannot specialize in a school of magic. Since sorcerers gain their powers without undergoing the years of rigorous study that wizards go through, they have more time to learn fighting skills and are proficient with simple weapons. Charisma is very important for sorcerers; the higher their value in this ability, the higher the spell level they can cast.

Funny how my highest stat isn't my primary or secondary class main stat!

Kane0
2017-09-20, 03:16 AM
Huh, big list of questions but apparently i'm LN with equal parts ranger, sorcerer and wizard

Lawful Neutral Human Ranger/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 13
Dexterity- 12
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 14

Alignment:
Lawful Neutral- A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs him. Order and organization are paramount to him. He may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or he may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot. However, lawful neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all freedom, choice, and diversity in society.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Primary Class:
Rangers- Rangers are skilled stalkers and hunters who make their home in the woods. Their martial skill is nearly the equal of the fighter, but they lack the latter's dedication to the craft of fighting. Instead, the ranger focuses his skills and training on a specific enemy a type of creature he bears a vengeful grudge against and hunts above all others. Rangers often accept the role of protector, aiding those who live in or travel through the woods. His skills allow him to move quietly and stick to the shadows, especially in natural settings, and he also has special knowledge of certain types of creatures. Finally, an experienced ranger has such a tie to nature that he can actually draw on natural power to cast divine spells, much as a druid does, and like a druid he is often accompanied by animal companions. A ranger's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that he can cast.

Secondary Class:
Sorcerers- Sorcerers are arcane spellcasters who manipulate magic energy with imagination and talent rather than studious discipline. They have no books, no mentors, no theories just raw power that they direct at will. Sorcerers know fewer spells than wizards do and acquire them more slowly, but they can cast individual spells more often and have no need to prepare their incantations ahead of time. Also unlike wizards, sorcerers cannot specialize in a school of magic. Since sorcerers gain their powers without undergoing the years of rigorous study that wizards go through, they have more time to learn fighting skills and are proficient with simple weapons. Charisma is very important for sorcerers; the higher their value in this ability, the higher the spell level they can cast.

DevilMcam
2017-09-20, 03:36 AM
I'd definitely be a valor bard
I definitely have Jack of all trades, am good at entertaining. But mess with me and I shred you to pieces with my sword. Oh and I do dable with magic.

Dr. Cliché
2017-09-20, 05:34 AM
Feral/winged Tiefling would be tempting.

Who doesn't want to fly?

I am religious but I'm not sure I'd want to be a cleric in the D&D universe. Especially since it would likely require me to convert.

Although, if I didn't convert, the idea if a Tiefling asking people if they'd like to let Jesus into their life does make me smile. :smallwink:

Honestly though, I'm not sure what class I'd want to be. Rogue maybe? Perhaps some type of sorcerer? Maybe a little of both.

In terms of adventuring path, I wonder if I could start a technological revolution in the D&D world? :smallbiggrin:

Sariel Vailo
2017-09-20, 01:41 PM
With where i work and how i work a dark elf but since my normal job is cooking and not killing picky customers a monk.

Gtdead
2017-09-20, 01:43 PM
Probably knowledge cleric. I'm generally low key, analytical and I prefer to familiarize myself with a subject instead of acting first.

As for race, the more secluded elf races suit me well.

Aett_Thorn
2017-09-20, 01:51 PM
It's tough to say given how many changes there are between a fantasy world and the real world. I mean, my profession (environmental and energy consultant to the government) isn't really a thing in most fantasy worlds. Also, I'm pretty much an agnostic, but given that in many of these worlds, the Gods/Goddesses have direct, provable influence in the world, I think that would be a hard personality point to keep up. And while I've typically been good at studies, I tend to favor more knowing about the 'big picture' and knowing the people around me (Wisdom) more than book knowledge (Int), even as I might dabble in some book knowledge.

As such, I would think that I'd most likely end up as either an Elf, Half-Elf, or Human Arcana Cleric, dedicated to a deity like Mystra or Correllon.

Ravinsild
2017-09-20, 02:02 PM
Orc or Half-Orc Barbarian. Brute strength, stubborn as an ox, don't quit easily and lack of patience. I just want to get this done. Also people like Conan are my heroes and I like a lot of Shonen shows, like Goku, Saitama, Gon, etc..

LOL I got Half-Orc Monk on that one generator website. The Weeb came out. I workout so I can cosplay more authentic characters who are jacked, basically to look good and authentic over actual health heh.

Waterdeep Merch
2017-09-20, 02:15 PM
Lawful good high elf wizard (with strong evil tendencies related to wrath and a long sadistic streak). This isn't even me talking, my friends love this game.

They've also said I'm min-maxed, claiming my strength, constitution, and charisma were dumped for dexterity, intelligence, and wisdom. I'd be more insulted if they didn't also say I was very smart. Which is coincidentally part of why they say I'm a high elf. Not for the intelligence boon, but for the snootiness.

Since this game is mostly played using more generic D&D edition rules (started with 3.0), no one's ever pegged my 5e subclass. I think I'll pick the UA artificer. I love weird things and tinkering.

Maxilian
2017-09-20, 02:23 PM
A Tiefling most likely (if i can take the one with wings, then yes please), maybe lore bard (i want to be a teacher eventually, most likely of languages)

Aett_Thorn
2017-09-20, 02:54 PM
Took the long quiz, and wasn't all that far off:

You Are A:

Neutral Good Human Monk (4th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 13
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 15
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 15
Charisma- 13

Alignment:
Neutral Good- A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. However, neutral good can be a dangerous alignment when it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.

Race:

Class:
Monks- Monks are versatile warriors skilled at fighting without weapons or armor. Good-aligned monks serve as protectors of the people, while evil monks make ideal spies and assassins. Though they don't cast spells, monks channel a subtle energy, called ki. This energy allows them to perform amazing feats, such as healing themselves, catching arrows in flight, and dodging blows with lightning speed. Their mundane and ki-based abilities grow with experience, granting them more power over themselves and their environment. Monks suffer unique penalties to their abilities if they wear armor, as doing so violates their rigid oath. A monk wearing armor loses their Wisdom and level based armor class bonuses, their movement speed, and their additional unarmed attacks per round.

Jophiel
2017-09-20, 03:05 PM
I'm already inclined towards faith and, in a world with demonstrable divine beings and magic, cleric would be the obvious choice. Likely Life domain since my mental view of clerics already leans that way.

Second choice would be bard since I tend to be attracted to support classes in both tabletop RPGs and video games. That might require more tweaking of my character sheet stats than allowed by the OP ;)

I'm guessing I'd stay human. Although I like playing other races in games well enough, I don't feel any connection towards being a real life elf, dwarf, halfling, etc.

Joe the Rat
2017-09-20, 03:10 PM
By nature and role, a Cloistered Scholar Divination Wizard (Sages know where to find information, I can actually get it). I'm a weird dude, so I'd probably end up getting Gnomed.

Though if I had my druthers, Brass Dragon. I prefer Bronze, but I'm not as martial, or Lawful, as that would entail.

Potato_Priest
2017-09-20, 03:17 PM
According to that one survey, I was some sort of mashup of a Druid, paladin, and wizard, of strong Lawful Good alignment.

But who am I kidding? I'd be a Lawful Good lvl 0 commoner who'd get straight up murdered by a PC for being a smart Alec.

druid91
2017-09-20, 03:17 PM
Yuan Ti Pureblood. Probably Transmutation Wizard.

I'd set about gaining XP so I could get enough power to cast True Polymorph and then rebuild modern civilization. I mean, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it anymore thanks to not having emotions. But it seems like the thing to do for my fellow transdimensional travelers.

samcifer
2017-09-20, 03:22 PM
If it was 4e, I'd want to be a warforged with extra intelligence. Had the concept for a warforged conjurer wizard, but never got to play him.

Regitnui
2017-09-20, 03:39 PM
Changeling NG Lore bard, though I could see myself being a wizard. I'm a subeditor IRL, so that's more likely Lore Bard.

As for the long Easydamus quiz...

<b>I Am A:</b> Lawful Good Human Wizard (3rd Level)
<br><br><u>Ability Scores:</u><br>
<b>Strength-</b>11<br>
<b>Dexterity-</b>10<br>
<b>Constitution-</b>12<br>
<b>Intelligence-</b>14<br>
<b>Wisdom-</b>11<br>
<b>Charisma-</b>12
<br><br><u>Alignment:</u><br><b>Lawful Good</b> A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. However, lawful good can be a dangerous alignment when it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.<br>
<br><u>Race:</u><br><b>Humans</b> are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.
<br><br><u>Class:</u><br><b>Wizards</b> are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.
<br><br>Find out <a href='http://www.easydamus.com/character.html' target='mt'>What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?</a>, courtesy of Easydamus <a href='mailto:[email protected]'>(e-mail)</a><br><br>

mr-mercer
2017-09-20, 03:49 PM
I'd pick either half-orc or krynnish-style minotaur, depending on which one would make me less of a pariah. I consider strength to be an important part of adventuring, which these lads have in spades. Also, I'd like to be tall rather than extremely average in terms of height.

As for class, that part's easy: fighter. I've never handled a weapon in my life, but given the opportunity and muscles to do so I would leap at the chance to learn how to use a greatsword. Being able to hit as hard as I can with it and being able to soak up more damage than normal makes champion my subclass pick: my life is actually on the line this time, I want to keep myself alive as well as I can.

Draco4472
2017-09-20, 03:51 PM
I'd be some weird combination of Ranger/Bard with maybe one level of rogue. Probably half-elf.

ZorroGames
2017-09-20, 04:02 PM
Entering my later 60's after:

Over-working/studying forced me out of college the first time, 7 years 3 months 12 days (re-enlisted early) USAF medic/Orthopedic Tech, multiple years civilian nurse after challenging State Boards, graduated with two degrees Bachelor degrees, worked for DOD as a Cartographer, then "Human Geographer"/Analyst. Retired now.

Short, stocky, played High School football until reality, broken bones, and Concussions became undeniable. Stubborn when cornered beyond logic (Heard one East L. A. gang member tell another, "Back off, this one goes crazy if pushed." LOL.) Direct, try to be polite to people, even stupid ones, though success rate can dip a lot at times. Did Tai Chi for a while. My counselor persuaded my parents I should go to college because my IQ/test scores were off the scale (I always thought I could use a lot more Wisdom then Intelligence myself.) Always had a religious interest, ended up Christian despite my best efforts.

Hmm.

Mountain Dwarf multiclass Fighter 11/Arcana Cleric 9.

Good thing this just Fantasy... I would probably get killed by an ancient Red Dragon.

Edit: Aarakocra would be cool though.

ZorroGames
2017-09-20, 04:25 PM
Took the quiz:

You Are A:

Lawful Good Human Wizard/Cleric (4th/4th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 14
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 13

Alignment:
Lawful Good- A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. However, lawful good can be a dangerous alignment when it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.

Race:

Primary Class:
Wizards- Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.

Secondary Class:
Clerics- Clerics act as intermediaries between the earthly and the divine (or infernal) worlds. A good cleric helps those in need, while an evil cleric seeks to spread his patron's vision of evil across the world. All clerics can heal wounds and bring people back from the brink of death, and powerful clerics can even raise the dead. Likewise, all clerics have authority over undead creatures, and they can turn away or even destroy these creatures. Clerics are trained in the use of simple weapons, and can use all forms of armor and shields without penalty, since armor does not interfere with the casting of divine spells. In addition to his normal complement of spells, every cleric chooses to focus on two of his deity's domains. These domains grants the cleric special powers, and give him access to spells that he might otherwise never learn. A cleric's Wisdom score should be high, since this determines the maximum spell level that he can cast.A

Sigreid
2017-09-20, 04:28 PM
So, how many of us think we would probably wind up as Meepo? :smallbiggrin:

Sans.
2017-09-20, 04:41 PM
Well, I'd want to be an eladrin Abjuration Wizard: not dying, some QoL with Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, etc. and a teleport even if I never got past level 1.

I'm probably a gimped dwarvish bard/druid without enough charisma/wisdom to even cast a cantrip.

TealWastelander
2017-09-20, 04:50 PM
Half Elf True Neutral Bard/Sorcerer.

Half Elf because my parents come from two radically different backgrounds that are at odds with one another. My cultural identity is more than just a mix of the two at this point, and I identify with them just being just parts of the whole.

True Neutral because while I prefer the people around me to be good, I have no illusions about my own selfishness. I tend to only really help when a situation will not cause me harm. I also tend to be more morally grey about most things and willing to listen to both sides of a moral arguement. I'm a very "live and let live" type.

Bard because I strive to be flexible and diplomatic, and tend to do things more on the fly than through careful planning. Sorcerer for similar reasons.

I took the survey and got similar results. Just Human instead of Half Elf, with my stat array being Strength 12 Dexterity 14 Constitution 14 Intelligence 17 Wisdom 14 Charisma 14. Pretty balanced, with only my intelligence being high and my strength being slightly low. I approve.

JackPhoenix
2017-09-20, 04:51 PM
Human (because that's what I am, and I don't drink to qualify for a dwarf, even though there's some physical resemblance). Half-elf if I could choose. Int-based warlock. Tome, hm... propably GoO. My Int is better than my Cha, I tend to stick to what works repeatedly (even if it's not spamming Eldritch Blast all the time, and I don't mind leeching off someone else, but I'm an atheist, so cleric wouldn't work. While I'm bookworm, I don't think I'm studious enough to be a wizard.

Knaight
2017-09-20, 05:02 PM
Realistically, this is what the Commoner class (which was never updated) is for, so the closest equivalent is a low end MM human. Assuming an opportunity to get in a class capable of adventuring, Human Mystic. There's the fighting with weapons, there's the class being intelligence based but less studious than a wizard, and then there's the style.

Dudewithknives
2017-09-20, 05:12 PM
I would see myself as either a rogue or monk.

Either way being strategic and agile with a pair of daggers,

If rogue, a high elf arcane trickster, but mostly buffing and illusions, not much enchanting.

If monk probably a variant human with mobile.

SharkForce
2017-09-20, 05:26 PM
Realistically, this is what the Commoner class (which was never updated) is for, so the closest equivalent is a low end MM human. Assuming an opportunity to get in a class capable of adventuring, Human Mystic. There's the fighting with weapons, there's the class being intelligence based but less studious than a wizard, and then there's the style.

the question is what class do you choose to go into actually, not so much which you are most like now ;)

GlenSmash!
2017-09-20, 05:30 PM
Human or Half-Elf. I like the versatility they offer.

Ranger, or Scout Fighter, with a couple levels in Barbarian. I'm an outdoorsy type that's always been a little stronger/tougher than i look but I'm no rage-aholic.

Neutral to Chaotic, and Good to Neutral alignment.

Edit: Or Shifter for race! Shifters are cool. i hope they make it into a published 5e book soon.

Mortis_Elrod
2017-09-20, 05:45 PM
According to the linked quiz, I'd be a True Neural Human Sorcerer, leaning towards Neural Evil and Chaotic Evil. Huh.

But I'll go with Human Drow or Tiefling because I'm edgy and Tiefling has always been my favorite race (with or without wings). And if the opportunity arose I'd sell my soul for power in a heartbeat. Warlock all the way. Probably Raven Queen or Undying (maybe even Hexblade or Celestial but i doubt it). True Neutral is about right though for my alignment. If the quiz had Warlock as an option it probably get me dead right too.

mgshamster
2017-09-20, 07:13 PM

I prefer to think of it as: You can't choose what you get, but you have to be an actual PC with a race/class/background. No commoners or anything like that.

But at the same time, you should give your best guess based on your personal abilities and characteristics. Don't just pick what you want, give a good solid guess at what you'd be.

2D8HP
2017-09-20, 07:24 PM
I'd choose to be an elf. For the long life, impossibility of gaining weight, no need to shave, and long life.

And I'd choose sorcerer. Unlimited power with no studying or hard work.

Elf Sorcerer? That... seems really appealing!

Last month when I took the http://www.easydamus.com/character.html it said "Lawful Good Human Wizard", today it says: (4th/3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 11
Intelligence- 11
Wisdom- 13
Charisma- 12
Alignment:
Lawful Neutral-*A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs him. Order and organization are paramount to him. He may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or he may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot. However, lawful neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all freedom, choice, and diversity in society.

Race:
Humans*are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Primary Class:
Fighters-*Fighters can be many things, from soldiers to criminal enforcers. Some see adventure as a way to get rich, while others use their skills to protect the innocent. Fighters have the best all-around fighting capabilities of the PC classes, and they are trained to use all standard weapons and armor. A fighter's rigorous martial training grants him many bonus feats as he progresses, and high-level fighters have access to special melee maneuvers and exotic weapons not available to any other character.

Secondary Class:
Wizards-*Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.

Usually I play Elf, Half-Elf, or Human Fighters and Rogues/Thieves, but what looks appealing to be would be a WotC 5e "Oath of Ancients" Paladin, presumably memorizing the rules minutiae to be one wouldn't be intimidating if I actually was one!

...you should give your best guess based on your personal abilities and characteristics. Don't just pick what you want, give a good solid guess at what you'd be.

My actual abilities and characteristics?

Guild Artisan.

FreddyNoNose
2017-09-20, 07:28 PM
Is there an option for playing conjoined twins with an option for a Kuato that is a master craftsman? :smallbiggrin:

druid91
2017-09-20, 07:37 PM

Unless you're an unskilled laborer who's half-starved you're probably not a commoner.

Spiritcaller
2017-09-20, 07:55 PM
I dunno, man, that's an interesting question. I guess that I'd be... a wizard? Can't be a Cleric, don't believe in God. Won't be a rogue, I'm still pretty pro not stealing stuff... I don't think I can even hold a broadsword, tbh, fighter's out. Maybe I'd be a Warlock. That sounds like fun.

I have no idea how to determine what race I'd be though.

2D8HP
2017-09-20, 08:08 PM
Unless you're an unskilled laborer who's half-starved you're probably not a commoner.

Well realistically that's what I'd expect I"d become unless a plumbing supply warehouse came with me.

Rusvul
2017-09-20, 08:24 PM
I'd be a Bard or Wizard, or maybe a Warlock.

Bard because I'm good with words, people usually seem to like me, and I have some musical talent (or so I'm told). The idea of solving conflicts with social interaction rather than violence is very core to my personal philosophy, as well.

Wizard because I'm fairly intelligent and good at understanding things. Whether or not I'd have the discipline to learn magic depends entirely on whether or not I find it interesting, which leads us to...

Warlock. I am a fairly lazy individual, and making a deal for power is an exceptionally efficient way to get things done. (I'm not going to hurt anyone for power, though.) I think I have the Charisma to be a decent Warlock, as well. I'd probably be too cautious to strike a deal with any of the more sinister powers, but I just might be arrogant (or careful) enough to make a bargain with... actually, anyone who seems decent enough. Fey queen clad in a gown of human bones? Not likely. Dapper devil with a devious document? If I can gather enough information on the devil in question, and I can decipher the legalese of their contract, just maybe.

As far as race goes, probably Human, High Elf, or Half-Elf. My build isn't particularly unusual. I think I'm about average height, and I'm definitely light for my height. I've also been told I'm attractive, for what that's worth. Pale, blue-green eyes... Not blonde though.

If I were to wedge myself into the alignment grid, I'd probably fit best as LN(G) or LG(N). I hold almost all of the ideals that are expected of a LG individual, and I try to help when and where I can (especially helping people I know emotionally), but when it comes to helping others when there is a cost to myself, I am not nearly as altruistic as I'd like to be.

Vykryl
2017-09-20, 08:39 PM
Been told I'm a giant Dwarf many times by gaming friends. Makes the race easy.

Love to study without a true focus and tend to remember my way around any library I've used so Sage or Cloistered Scholar.

For work it's been habitat resturation and equipment operation with a lot of working with the mechanics and maintenance wherever I worked. Very much the one called for when something heavy needs to be moved or brute force is required. Some combination of Ranger/Barbarian/Artificer would fit.

That silly survey had me as a human cleric. Told my wife we should use the survey for party generation some game.

Knaight
2017-09-20, 08:57 PM
I prefer to think of it as: You can't choose what you get, but you have to be an actual PC with a race/class/background. No commoners or anything like that.

But at the same time, you should give your best guess based on your personal abilities and characteristics. Don't just pick what you want, give a good solid guess at what you'd be.
Hence Mystic - it's intellect based but doesn't require study (which suits me fine), and it involves weapon based martial arts (which I already do), thus making it the cleanest fit.

Unskilled laborer describes my current job pretty well, and the fairly specialized skills I'm studying don't exactly transfer well - I'm pretty sure chemical engineering isn't a thing in D&D worlds, and that's before getting into research on M13 phage specifically. The only thing lacking is half starved, and given time in that food scarce environment it can be achieved.

SharkForce
2017-09-20, 09:04 PM
Unskilled laborer describes my current job pretty well, and the fairly specialized skills I'm studying don't exactly transfer well - I'm pretty sure chemical engineering isn't a thing in D&D worlds, and that's before getting into research on M13 phage specifically. The only thing lacking is half starved, and given time in that food scarce environment it can be achieved.

current job is fairly irrelevant to the question ;)

Let's say you found yourself in a Forgotten Realms or similar D&D world. It's basically you but maybe your race has changed and even your stats if need be. Maybe you're stronger or wiser or whatever but your memory and personality are intact. Think True Polymorph. You have the opportunity, and possibly the need due to some external circumstance that demands your attention, to take up adventuring. What adventuring career path do you choose?

Keep in mind this is you physically there. Like, don't pick Tabaxi for a race unless you're sincerely a furry. (This is a no judgment thread) And for instance, if you hated studying in school maybe wizard ain't your bag. Know what I mean?

there's the OP. so you can change your race to pretty much whatever you think would be cool, adjust your stats to whatever you want, and then you apparently have the opportunity to train to become any class or multiclass your heart may desire.

that said, chemical engineering doesn't sound *that* far off of alchemist artificer either :P

Naanomi
2017-09-20, 09:11 PM
that said, chemical engineering doesn't sound *that* far off of alchemist artificer either :P
Or even a Guild Artisan/Transmuter Wizard

imanidiot
2017-09-20, 11:25 PM
Lawful good high elf wizard (with strong evil tendencies related to wrath and a long sadistic streak). This isn't even me talking, my friends love this game.

Lawful Good with strong eveil tendencies including wrathfulness and sadism is Lawful Evil.

imanidiot
2017-09-20, 11:30 PM

I would be a Chaotic Evil human Sorcerer. Above average strength, wisdom, and charisma, maybe even a bit higher than above average but nothing higher than a 14 at most. Average to below average dexterity and intelligence and poor constitution. I'll say 12, 10, 6, 10, 12, 14 in that order.

Malifice
2017-09-20, 11:41 PM
As an Athiest, I would happily say 'Cleric'.

Its a world where there are actual Gods and an actual afterlife after all.

I'd pick a God like Olidamarra (his churches are basiclly roaring paries where wine, women and song are virtues) or his Faerun equivalent.

My afterlife would be one giant eternal orgy.

Arkhios
2017-09-21, 12:00 AM
While I'm not short and stocky, I have the attitude of a dwarf in most things. Dependable and sometimes inadvertently gruff, but then again I have lots of friends so I suppose I'm not abhorrent.

I love all things vikings, so at least a few levels of Skald (valor bard).
I also place high value on respect of law, honor, and loyalty, and I have conviction to things I hold dear, so a few levels of Paladin would be appropriate as well.

I have real life experience of swordplay, primarily fencing, so swashbuckler might be a reasonable add.

With the 5e rules the above mess is difficult to accomplish, but if I'd have to try, It could be like this:

Mountain Dwarf
Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 14
Devotion Paladin 6/Skald 10/Swashbuckler 4

As funny as it might seem, this dwarf would probably use a rapier (although with strength) and Dueling Fighting Style.

ASI: +4 Str, +2 Cha, Shield Master
Expertise: Athletics, Persuasion
Background: City Watch or some such

MintyThe1st
2017-09-21, 12:01 AM
Aasimar(Protector) Warlock of Mephistopheles.

I am a hybrid of good intentions and dark desires.

Zene
2017-09-21, 12:03 AM
I'm a strange human, so variant human is my correlary. And I can never stick with any career path for long, so definitely a multiclasser. More levels in druid than anything else, but probably bard 2 and knowledge cleric somewhere in there, maybe some divination wizard, maybe some rogue.

8wGremlin
2017-09-21, 12:29 AM
If I was in Forgotten realms, where gods exist.
I'm an Atheist here on earth, but I think I may be a Cleric of Mystra (arcane domain), vhuman (pretty much my standard Arcana Cleric build)

But if UA was available, then I think perhaps a Deep Gnome Mystic

But most probabally a Winged tiefling/vhuman Hexblade(tomelock)/Favoured Soul, folk hero, with Aspect of the Moon (invocation) and the Healing elixir (conjuration) spell.

NecessaryWeevil
2017-09-21, 12:50 AM
Well, I'm an actual factual priest IRL and I'm a rules follower, so I'm thinking Paladin. Lathander or Ilmater appeal to me.

imanidiot
2017-09-21, 01:08 AM

In the U.S. at least the cost of food is ridiculously low. No2 it's not good food mind you, it's all fat, salt, and sugar. But it's very unlikely that a poor person will be starving. More likely they have plenty of food but it's food that is extremely low in nutritional value.

A half-starved person in the modern U.S. is probably a wealthy person who is starving themselves voluntarily to appease their vanity.

carrdrivesyou
2017-09-21, 07:04 AM
Hmm... I have a fiery temper or so my friends say. So here is what I am thinking:

Me, Dragonborn Fighter (Soldier Background)
STR. 16
DEX. 10
CON 16
INT 14
WIS 10
CHA 12

Would probably go the Champion route

2D8HP
2017-09-21, 07:26 AM
Lawful Good with strong eveil tendencies including wrathfulness and sadism is Lawful Evil.

Tendencies, not behaviour marks how you fall?

...I am a hybrid of good intentions and dark desires.

Perhaps I'm alone in this, but I have never gotten the same result of "alignment tests" twice in a row.

I've been "Lawful Neutral", "Chaotic Good", "Neutral Good", "True Neutral", "Lawful Good", and back to "Lawful Neutral" again.

IRL how I fall according to this chart:
https://1d4chan.org/images/thumb/4/45/Alignment_Demotivational.jpg/350px-Alignment_Demotivational.jpg

...often depends on how much coffee or tea I've injested, and what time of day it is.

What's it like to know yourself and be consistent?

KorvinStarmast
2017-09-21, 07:57 AM
Well, I'm an actual factual priest IRL and I'm a rules follower, so I'm thinking Paladin. Lathander or Ilmater appeal to me. Nice choice.

In the U.S. at least the cost of food is ridiculously low. Let's not go off topic, if you please.

What's it like to know yourself and be consistent? It is to drink.

I am torn:
I'd either be a half elf lore bard (because I like to be good at a variety of things, I like to sing (even if I sing badly) and I can play guitar and piano, and I"ve always felt (having moved around a lot) that I don't fit where I am (see 5e Half Elf race description)

or

Hobbit Paladin Oath of Ancients, dex based (Played a lot of hobbits/halflings over the years)

Or

I'd revert to type and play a hobbit rogue thief

Arkhios
2017-09-21, 08:03 AM
Tendencies, not behaviour marks how you fall?

Perhaps I'm alone in this, but I have never gotten the same result of "alignment tests" twice in a row.

I've been "Lawful Neutral", "Chaotic Good", "Neutral Good", "True Neutral", "Lawful Good", and back to "Lawful Neutral" again.

IRL how I fall according to this chart:
https://1d4chan.org/images/thumb/4/45/Alignment_Demotivational.jpg/350px-Alignment_Demotivational.jpg

...often depends on how much coffee or tea I've injested, and what time of day it is.

What's it like to know yourself and be consistent?

Alignment system is flawed because what you said is true, about all of us, whether we accept it or not. Not a single alignment can truly define ourselves. Not in real life.

I like immersion when playing which is why I feel the alignment axis is over-restrictive, and whenever I can eschew it, I will. I prefer playing my characters as humanely as possible, not like some machines which only see one side of everything.

(Also why I chose not to guess-timate my own alignment)

Pippomaster92
2017-09-21, 08:05 AM
I'll probably be a dwarf. A long life, a comfortable home deep down the earth. Lot of beer.

As a class...Wizardry is actually cool, and I really like the idea of a dwarf living as an arcane bibliothecary. What kind of wizard, you'll probably ask. Well, after a decades playing all the sort of arcane casters I'm starting to dislike the classic Arcane Tradition system. But if I have to stick to the PHB I'll chose the Diviner Arcane Tradition.

Joe the Rat
2017-09-21, 08:40 AM
Alignment system is flawed because what you said is true, about all of us, whether we accept it or not. Not a single alignment can truly define ourselves. Not in real life.

I like immersion when playing which is why I feel the alignment axis is over-restrictive, and whenever I can eschew it, I will. I prefer playing my characters as humanely as possible, not like some machines which only see one side of everything.

I assume you mean humanly. Playing humanely would be generally Good-aligned :smallwink:

Not to drag this too much further down the well-bludgeoned path, but to summarize:

Proscriptive Alignment (You can't do that, it's against your alignment) is annoying and unrealistically restrictive.
Descriptive Alignment (You are X, because you act X (usually)) is insufficient to label an individual's range of behaviors (and/or motivations).
Aspirational Alignment (X is your values or worldview) is apparently too old school of a concept, and historically only ever came with penalties for failure (or change).

I'm still sticking with Brass Dragon, though.

Ayago22
2017-09-21, 08:41 AM
So the quiz says I am a
Neutral Good Human Ranger (6th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 14
Dexterity- 15
Constitution- 11
Intelligence- 17
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 14

maybe sprinkle some bard in there as well?

Willie the Duck
2017-09-21, 08:44 AM
I am unsure of the actual premise of the question. The OP states

Let's say you found yourself in a Forgotten Realms or similar D&D world.
So, I just find myself there? As in at my current age and with my current skill set? I think my class would be 'pathetic guy who survives if and only if the natives take pity on him.'

If instead, I grew up in such a world (but still somehow was me), things would be a little different

I'd probably be torn between moon elf and dark elf for race. The lifespan and lack of need for sleep would just be too appealing...

So, again, confusion. Are we choosing things based on what we'd like? Or what we'd expect.

I would be v-human I'm not a religious person anymore but if i was a throw into a world with gods that show there existence through clerics. I would be a cleric of a magic deity. I would get proficiency in heavy armor and a greatsword. I would like to be a wizard but I get distracted and lose interest in things easily. So I don't think I cast stick to all the studying a wizard does. But a Arcane cleric is a nice medium for me with heavy armor a greatsword green-flame blade. Then healing magic magic missile, guiding bolt, spiritual weapon, spirit guardians, summoning spell and planar binding. And a few other spells I'm good. If I had a second choice it's a paladin and third choice is arcane archer fighter.

I too, suspect that I'd end up in the priesthood. Especially in a world that is effectively the middle ages, and the church is where second-born children of upper middle class families go (plus points in that in this universe there is no vows of celibacy :smallbiggrin:).

I'm going to guess bog-standard human cleric of whatever the god of 'civilization' is (life? knowledge?). Probably with utility feats like Ritual Caster:wizard, skilled, or healer. Sadly, I think my stats would be very non-adventuring-friendly. I'm stronger than dexterous (certainly not Dex 14 for optimal medium armor usage), but not Str 15+ to wear the good heavy armor. So... maybe just the guy who moves at speed 20? or the guy with medium armor, Dex 9, and shield who just stays in the back ranks and casts sacred flame?

Although, honestly, if I were to become an adventurer, it'd be in a city-centric, social campaign where knowledge and social skills would dominate.

The people who would go out and adventure dungeon-style in that world are the equivalent to the people who become professional athletes or join the military in our world, and I didn't do either of those things.

So, how many of us think we would probably wind up as Meepo? :smallbiggrin:

All of us. :smallbiggrin:

dejarnjc
2017-09-21, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=8wGremlin;22402497]Well according to this... http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
/QUOTE]

I like the idea of this quiz but I hate statements like this:

"I have no vices and I've never been tempted by anything." or "I can make people do almost anything I want them to do." or "I can't remember ever being sick."

I mean seriously? This is just blatantly unrealistic ****. Even Olympic athletes get sick and ain't any of us here Olympic athletes (probably)...

"My insight concerning life is almost supernatural." - This one really tickles me as it as the only people I know whom would honestly believe this about themselves are delusional and entirely not self aware.

*edit* Sorry, I know I"m off topic.

/rant

Spiritchaser
2017-09-21, 09:59 AM

What I would wish to be?

I have always dreamed of flying. Not in a plane, but as myself, so Aarakocra, winged tiefling or more preferably Aasimar or Avariel, though that last isn't here for 5e at the moment.

As to an adventuring path? Some manner of spellsword.

JbeJ275
2017-09-21, 10:03 AM
I'm still in full time education, I'm built big and hard enough to last in a fight but honestly quite clumsy. I do well in pretty mulch all my classes but the arts routinely getting As and A*s , plus I want to go into the sciences, I have trouble always doing the responsible smart thing I only believe in stuff that I can prove, I wouldn't want to work all my life for someone who can take it away from me on a whim I'm prone to fleeing the room at the first sight of social awkwardness.

So all in all probably either an abjurer wizard who uses a or of close range spells or an Eldritch knight in heavy armour.

ghost_warlock
2017-09-21, 10:14 AM
If I'm really allowed a true polymorph, my stats are printed on page 107 in the Monster Manual. That would be my ideal self.

There's a far better chance that I'd end up as what's on page 248, however

xroads
2017-09-21, 10:21 AM
Probably a half-elf bard of lore with a sage or cloistered scholar background. Alternatively, a half-elf wizard with the divination specialty.

druid91
2017-09-21, 10:46 AM

That's because you are looking at alignment wrong. It has nothing to do with your inner moral sensibilities, and instead everything to do with which extraplanar 'team' claims you.

Why else would alignments in the old days have secret languages?

Zman
2017-09-21, 10:58 AM
I'd be some kind of blend between Arcane caster and Fighter. So Eldritch Knight, or Fighter/Wizard, and I'd probably be an adventuring mercenary. I'm a Mensa qualified entrepreneur and business owner who has competed as a bodybuilder, strongman, and powerlifter.

Shockingly, not terribly far off the character I like who is a Half-Orc Fighter1/Abjuror+.

This has me as a Human Paladin, it'd work, but I definitely wouldn't be powered by a god, but ideals. Or an arcane paladin.

<b>I Am A:</b> Chaotic Neutral Human Paladin (5th Level)
<br><br><u>Ability Scores:</u><br>
<b>Strength-</b>17<br>
<b>Dexterity-</b>16<br>
<b>Constitution-</b>18<br>
<b>Intelligence-</b>19<br>
<b>Wisdom-</b>14<br>
<b>Charisma-</b>17
<br><br><u>Alignment:</u><br><b>Chaotic Neutral</b> A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal. However, chaotic neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society.<br>
<br><u>Race:</u><br><b>Humans</b> are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.
<br><br><u>Class:</u><br><b>Paladins</b> take their adventures seriously, and even a mundane mission is, in the heart of the paladin, a personal test an opportunity to demonstrate bravery, to learn tactics, and to find ways to do good. Divine power protects these warriors of virtue, warding off harm, protecting from disease, healing, and guarding against fear. The paladin can also direct this power to help others, healing wounds or curing diseases, and also use it to destroy evil. Experienced paladins can smite evil foes and turn away undead. A paladin's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast. Many of the paladin's special abilities also benefit from a high Charisma score.
<br><br>Find out <a href='http://www.easydamus.com/character.html' target='mt'>What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?</a>, courtesy of Easydamus <a href='mailto:[email protected]'>(e-mail)</a><br><br>

Arkhios
2017-09-21, 12:13 PM
I assume you mean humanly. Playing humanely would be generally Good-aligned :smallwink:

Slightly pedantic because both words translate to same meaning, but yes.

I don't mean any of "the Nine" alignments. Just purely in a way that everyone can relate to. People are who they are. Quirky and individuals. There's some good and some bad aspects in all of us.

RickAsWritten
2017-09-21, 12:28 PM
I'd be a Chaotic Good Lightfoot Halfling Mastermind Rogue/Fey Tomelock.
I am all about doing the right thing in the wrong way, so CG.
I am physically pretty much a Halfling already.
Mastermind Rogue because I will do anything to help my friends/family and I'm pretty observant, but don't cross me or it won't end well for you.
Warlock because you can bet your bottom dollar I'm selling my soul soul for the shortcut to success. Fey because I identify with creatures of the Fey, and Tome because I am always reading a book. If said book also gave me magical powers, more the better.

2D8HP
2017-09-21, 12:40 PM
If I'm really allowed a true polymorph, my stats are printed on page 107 in the Monster Manual. That would be my ideal self.

That would be awesome!

Your feeling that hungry?

Maybe you'll feel differently after lunch time.

Regitnui
2017-09-21, 01:01 PM
That would be awesome!

Your feeling that hungry?

Maybe you'll feel differently after lunch time.

Something something Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

Temperjoke
2017-09-21, 01:04 PM
If given a choice, I'd probably be a Neutral Good Changeling Sorcerer.

Captain Panda
2017-09-21, 01:13 PM
What level do I start at, exactly?

If we're going on what I'd -want- to be, a moon druid. The ability to cure wounds, call down the pain, change into animals... it just sounds super, super fun.

If we're talking about what would suit my real personality and disposition best, I'd probably be a wizard.

In either case, I'd want to be an elf.

SharkForce
2017-09-21, 01:33 PM
I am unsure of the actual premise of the question. The OP states

So, I just find myself there? As in at my current age and with my current skill set? I think my class would be 'pathetic guy who survives if and only if the natives take pity on him.'

If instead, I grew up in such a world (but still somehow was me), things would be a little different

So, again, confusion. Are we choosing things based on what we'd like? Or what we'd expect.

you stopped reading in the middle somewhere apparently. it's explained in the rest of the paragraph after that first sentence you quoted.

you can choose any race you would like to be (emphasis on "would like to be"; if you utterly loathe the idea of being short, don't pick halfling just so that you can hide behind party members, for example). you can imagine that your stats are completely different from RL (if you aren't that strong, but have always wanted to be, you can give this fictional version of yourself as much strength as you want). you keep your personality (so if you hate sports or studying, you still would as this fictional you), but pretty much everything else can change, and for whatever reason you are presumed to be able to train as any class your heart may desire.

so, mostly what you'd like. if you would hate studying, don't pick wizard, but if you enjoy learning and studying and just don't feel you are smart enough to be something like a wizard, go ahead and give yourself 18 or 20 int and be a wizard.

Dalebert
2017-09-21, 02:04 PM
If it was 4e, I'd want to be a warforged with extra intelligence.

You'd enjoy being a genderless machine? Not eating, drinking, or having sex? Still no judgment but curious if you thought that through.

As an Athiest, I would happily say 'Cleric'.

Its a world where there are actual Gods and an actual afterlife after all.

My afterlife would be one giant eternal orgy.

I can relate to that! I've always said atheism was never a choice for me. i would choose to live forever in Heaven if I believed it was an option.

This is probably hilarious if I had the motivation to go look it up.

Still think moon elf illusionist but wood elf moon druid would probably be my 2nd choice. I just can't turn away all the potential that wizard ultimately offers including making youthful clones of yourself once you're finally getting old as an elf.

I'm actually jealous of tall people but there's some part of me that thinks it would be cool to be small. If I ended up halfling, I would run with it. There's the social anxiety part of me that would love being able to largely be unnoticed and move about in a world made for people twice my size. I feel like you'd be... comfortable in a lot of places. It would be kind of fascinating.

Asmotherion
2017-09-21, 02:04 PM

I am a Half-Elf, my mother being a High Elf and my Father being a Dragonic Origin Human Sorcerer
[This is due to my mixed origin, my mother being French, and my father Greek, and I can really realate to the whole being of "two worlds", but not really belonging to none concept. Tiefling was a secondary choice, but I chose this as it fitted better, and I always viewed my Frensh side of the fammily as elegant and a bit "elven" :P]

I have a Sage Backround, used to be a Wizard's Aprentice.
I was sent to the Elven Lands to study magic with it's masters.
[Wile I grew up in Greece, when I finished high-school I went to france and studied Robotics there. I got my PhD there, and now I'm back in Greece, Married and I have a Daughter.]

I was Born a Dragonic Origin Sorcerer
[Since I was a Kid, I loved magic and Dragons. When I grew up, I got a dragon tatoo on my shoulder.]

I Multiclassed into Old One Warlock
[I have read a lot of Lovecraft, and as a teen, read a lot of books about the occult. I'd say more about this, but it's kinda private stuff]

I think my life experiance makes me a level 12 character, with average standards, or a level 9 character with harsh standards. I've lived too much in a short time. :P

I wont mention stats by numbers. I'll just mention how good I think I am in each of them and a small comment.

Str: Above average. I Lift casually in the gym.

Dex: Average. I am tall (5'8") and loose some due to that.

Con: Above average. Would be higher, as I practice martial arts and can take massive blows, but I smoke and it drops my overall endurance.

Int: High. I Have a PhD, and my IQ quallyfies as genius.

Wis: Average. Wile I have my moments of Wisdom, I can also have moments that I am so deep in my thoughts that I won't notice you talking to me across the room.

Cha: Top. I love interacting with people face to face, and when I really invest into talking to them, I see that I change their viewpoints. It sometimes freaks me out how much I influence people, almost to a supernatural level.

Oh, and finally, the Adventure, that involves:

-A night Hag BBEG
-Her Rakshasa Husband (Possible Ally depending on sircumstances)
-Her innocent Fey Daughter who does not know her mother is a Hag (and who has sold her to a vampire lord for profit).
-Loads of Rogues selling "Druid Herbs".
-An Evil Bard and his devoted followers.
-A Wizard that tries to steal my invention.
-Ghosts in my home.
-Noble trying to frame and then attack my parents. I take care of it in my own way.
-Problems with my Patron. Dealing with it on the Astral Plane.
-Mysterious yet lucrative girl follows me home. Is there more to her than meets the eye?
And much more...

Pichu
2017-09-21, 02:35 PM
I'd probably be an Evocation Wizard with Tavern Brawler Human (non-Variant). Wizard because I'm an analytical thinker, Evocation because Fire, and Tavern Brawler because I'm a black belt ... that doesn't remember anything :smallbiggrin:

Tsubodai
2017-09-21, 02:53 PM
Probably a moon elf; long-lived, intelligent. Maybe a barbarian? On the other hand, sorcerer or wizard could work out.

alchahest
2017-09-21, 03:09 PM
Half Orc Ranger/Lore Bard with minimum stats required for the multiclass

half orc because I had too many teeth in my lower jaw (second set of wisdom teeth, yay recessive genes), and a hefty parietal ridge. and I rely way too much on luck (crit bonus!). also not notably intelligent or wise, with average at best strength and perhaps lower dex. pretty decent con, though, I heal cuts and injuries quickly, and can stay on my feet for multiple days if needed (though I obviously prefer not to be)

Ranger/Lore bard because I have too many unrelated skills, some perhaps are expertise level? if we're being kind I suppose. camping, woodcraft, carpentry, fishing, guitar & bass, plumbing, some other assorted boring mundane office related garbage. did the whole rock band thing out of high school, dabbled in photography, IT, and game art, settled on being in love with my hobbies and not caring so much about my work. worked in a cookie factory for a while but I am 100% certain the only thing I picked up there was mental basket weaving.

I'm most at home out camping. splitting wood, building shelter and fires, etc etc etc.

PeteNutButter
2017-09-21, 03:14 PM
What I'd like to be:
A human LG Devotion Paladin.
With my background as a military officer, it isn't a stretch.

What'd probably be more:
A human CG Sorcerer (Favored Soul?). I'm one of those *******s that seems to get through everything without trying, so sorcerer seems like the best fit.

If I could optimize myself a bit, I'd be a paladin 2/sorcerer x. I had to bail out of paladin before that oath (too many rules), which is a shame because I could really use that paladin 6 to help me make wisdom saves. I wish I could have dumped int instead of wisdom--Ooh look, something shiny...

Lolzyking
2017-09-21, 03:56 PM
Considering I got my blackbelt almost 10 years ago, I'd probably be some sort of monk.

gonna have to guess it would be a level 14 human fighter/monk 2/12

would hopefully have my trusty arnis sticks with me, or atleast those heavy wall decoration hook swords.

Yagyujubei
2017-09-21, 06:06 PM
well....the only things I'm exceptional at are music and art, so human bard. medium range stats in WIS, STR, below average in CON and above average in DEX, INT, CHA

90sMusic
2017-09-21, 06:24 PM
If I were suddenly given a class that best fit me as a person in real life, i'd definitely be a bard.

I am a professional singer, dancer, and I can play the piano, guitar, and violin. I love learning stories and retelling them (hence why I like D&D in the first place really), and charisma is definitely my highest ability score IRL.

I have a fairly wide assortment of skills like a bard as well.

As for race... I mean, if it's supposed to really be you it is hard to imagine being any race but human. No one is going to really be represented more by some fantasy race that doesn't exist than being a human because obviously humans are diverse enough to encompass everything you like and dislike or else you wouldn't exist as you are in the first place.

But I suppose if I had to go with some trope-y stereotype of races, i'd probably go with tiefling. Not because people IRL mistrust me or anything like that, but just because I always feel like an outsider and the "Weird" one even though people constantly want me to go places with them and do things with them, I have never shaken that feeling of being different.

Plus I have a pretty fiery mean streak and temper sometimes.

alchahest
2017-09-21, 06:26 PM
we should start a demihuman band! I'll play bass as the technical requirements are super low.

90sMusic
2017-09-21, 07:02 PM
we should start a demihuman band! I'll play bass as the technical requirements are super low.

IRL you mean?

Would be hilarious to see a bunch of people in D&D race costumes playing in a band.

Unfortunately, I couldn't join as there would be too much legal mumbojumbo with my record label and anything I helped create. I was tempted to join a friend's band not too long ago and my manager said it would be a big ordeal. :(

alchahest
2017-09-22, 07:13 AM
nah it's japes. I've haven't touched my bass in a decade, and while I'm sure it's like falling off a bike I don't have any callouses anymore so I'd rather just listen to other peoples' music

Logosloki
2017-09-22, 09:10 AM
I do enjoy a lot of activities and like to switch things up. If I was given the chance I would like the lifespan required to really sample the D&D multiverse without having to resort to ascending into godhood or using other methods to lengthen my life. I wouldn't want to be long lived without being able to sample the world and feel it so I suppose that really leaves me with, at least from the PHB, Elf. Probably Eladrin with their shifting personality.

With such a long lifespan and the rather freeform goal of heading out into the wide multiversal yonder I'd narrow down the class to be either Warlock or Druid. Warlock, despite its bad rap for being the sell your soul class (which is from a fluff point of view a very firm minority of cases, most cases are meant to be teacher/pupil and deity-like/supplicant), is a class about the insatiable search for knowledge - to the point where you will consult otherworldly beings to gain it. Druid appeals to me at a more core level, where I feel like it isn't that nature should have its say but that we should remember we are of nature. About the only class of appeal would be Bard because I love a good story and love to tell a good story (and some bad ones too) and love to hear about people's good (and bad) stories but at the same time I don't have to be a bard to do that, that is a very natural feeling to me.

Anderlith
2017-09-22, 02:20 PM
I would definately be an Artificer. I like to tinker & make things, & if I had any access to magical ability I would be merging engineering & arcane powers to make reliable, useful things. Race-wise, I'd be human but there's a chance I might be a high elf. Background, I don't know... I'm just a normal geek. I would go with Soldier or Knight maybe

90sMusic
2017-09-22, 02:28 PM
Instead of bipolar disorder, would Eladrin have quadpolar disorder?

Willie the Duck
2017-09-22, 02:30 PM
Instead of bipolar disorder, would Eladrin have quadpolar disorder?

Seasonal Affective Disorder, of course.

Anderlith
2017-09-22, 04:12 PM
Seasonal Affective Disorder, of course.

I actually have seasonal depression, maybe i could be an Eladrin

Gignere
2017-09-22, 04:57 PM
Probably a Gish, I am an actuary irl so that would make me a divination wizard. However I work out 6-7 days a week, and had my fitness tested I have the fitness of a 20 year old but easily double that age.

Stronger than agile so probably an EK/diviner.

Edit: Definitely vhuman

MagneticKitty
2017-09-22, 05:12 PM
Dex based Eldridge knight. Race either tabaxi or lizardman maybe winged dragon born (feat) or varient teifling (wings). I don't know what's wrong with wanting cool enhanced senses inate climbing, armored skin ECT. Who cares if you look freaky it's relatively normal here. Don't need to be a furry.

Euclidodese
2017-09-22, 05:21 PM
I'm kind of a subhuman troglodyte, so I'd be a Goblin Ranger.
I'd live in a tent pitched on the back of my Giant Crab companion. We'd hang around in a swamp catching eels, eating crawfish, avoiding people at all costs...

90sMusic
2017-09-22, 05:35 PM
Dex based Eldridge knight. Race either tabaxi or lizardman maybe winged dragon born (feat) or varient teifling (wings). I don't know what's wrong with wanting cool enhanced senses inate climbing, armored skin ECT. Who cares if you look freaky it's relatively normal here. Don't need to be a furry.

I think the original idea was more picking a race that more closely emphasized who you are as a person as opposed to just picking the ones with the coolest powers and abilities. That is why he said you should only be a tabaxi if you're a furry or something like that, because you'd have to really connect with that race outside of wanting the perks.

But it doesn't really matter, it's all for funsies anyway.

Citan
2017-09-22, 05:54 PM

Class(es)
Well... Although I love Sorcerer class, if I had to pick the class most suited to my daily behaviour, definitely Wizard: I see no better for someone that spends most of his days reading/analysing/writing texts with his bottom glued to a chair, and I love making grand strategies that can still fail miserably for some reason (like wrong anticipation). ^^

If multiclass was allowed, there would probably be a dip or even multiclass into Bard for that musician/sweet talker feeling (technically, just grabbing the skills one way or another is enough but still) as well as the sheer curiosity that is hinted through Jack of all Trades feature.

Most other classes would be out in the first place: far from being an outdoorsman (exit Ranger, exit Druid), far from athletic (exit Fighter, exit Monk), dislikes lies and duplicity -although I can be good at it, try to avoid it as much as possible- (exit Rogue), dislikes criminality and "bad mentality" in general (exit Rogue again -although technically nothing forces you to be a criminal just because you have the good skills for it-, exit most Warlocks since evil Patrons), not much of a religious (exit Cleric, Paladin).

Although, if I could actually choose what class to be: definitely Sorcerer or Moon Druid, but most probably Moon Druid, because I'm so appealed by polymorph...

Race
As for race... Well, probably just a Human with either Observant feat (I can be very perceptive... Only when I really want to ^^) or Inspiring Leader (I have a kind of knack for grandiloquence :)).
If I had the power to choose though, certainly a Half-Elf, because it's screaming "mix of best worlds" in essence, or a Variant Human with Ritual Caster, because I like very much learning all kind of magic and play repeatedly with it. ;)

EDIT: Well, thanks to the guys that shared the 5e version of the "self-test" (http://www.easydamus.com/character.html).
Apparently, I'm now a level 5 Neutral Good Human Wizard, with every stat except STR between 13 and 15 (I'd expect much lower DEX and CON, and more INT than WIS and CHA, considering my answers).
It's funny that the last time I did this (like, 3 years ago), I was rather Ranger 2 / Wizard 3 (still NG though). Is it a reflect of how I evolved, or because of differences betwen 4e and 5e? XD I also expected a single level of Bard for the artistic side, ah well... ^^
On a side note, I do like this test but I feel there are some questions that kinda force you to give contradictory answers from one to another, and some where there is really no answer that fits... No test of this kind can ever be perfect though...

Shido
2017-09-23, 01:31 AM
My friends joke that because I strike so many bargains with other companies at my job, I'd be a really good warlock 🤣🤣🤣

Dappershire
2017-09-23, 02:12 AM
Well, I'd follow Jig and go for an underdog God to worship. Clerics can do some fine stuff.

If Forgotten Realms, Mask would be ideal; But if I could pull their attention, I'd like to go for one of the party types. Sune, Sharess, Llira. In a stump, being a clever minded Marine, I could see worshipping Red Knight, but dedicating an entire life to warfare sounds like fun only the first few hundred years of an afterlife.

I doubt i'd feel comfortable in any skin but human, no matter how much I want to live for near ever.

And if they don't feel like granting my prayers, because rarity and all, I'm fairly sure I could pull of a GOO Warlock, with a bit of mental villainy.

Naanomi
2017-09-23, 11:09 AM
I could see worshipping Red Knight, but dedicating an entire life to warfare sounds like fun only the first few hundred years of an afterlife.
Petitioners don't maintain a lot of memories or even personality for long, so I wouldn't factor 'afterlife experience' too heavily into my plans. In 2e, the Red Knight was based off of the material Plane, so the afterlife for her followers would have been as incorporeal spirits overwatching battlefields and the like rather than a tradtional 'Outer Planes' afterlife anyways

Feuerphoenix
2017-09-23, 11:21 AM
I think an Aasimar Devotion pally comes pretty close to me. :) Maybe even oath of the eternal flame :)

miburo
2017-09-23, 02:28 PM
The linked easydamus poll thinks I'm a Neutral Good Human Sorcerer with a high Intelligence followed by Charisma. That's fairly accurate, except I would more likely be a Wizard (I like to prepare in advance, studied a lot, also love reading and learning things, etc.).

In real life...I'm an engineer turned product manager who has fronted rock bands and dabbled in various martial arts. That screams jack-of-all-trades and likely Bard, except I'm not overly charismatic. So I'll go for Bladesinger Wizard. I might be a half-elf because I often move between different social worlds and I like to learn a lot of different things (MOAR SKILLZ). If not, probably a human (variant, of course :smallbiggrin:).

Edit: I get sick fairly easily so that probably means a below average Con. I likely wouldn't last long in a D&D world :smalleek:

Dalebert
2017-09-23, 02:49 PM
Dex based Eldridge knight. Race either tabaxi or lizardman maybe winged dragon born (feat) or varient teifling (wings). I don't know what's wrong with wanting cool enhanced senses inate climbing, armored skin ECT. Who cares if you look freaky it's relatively normal here. Don't need to be a furry.*

*emphasis mine
I don't know about that. I think most people would experience a type of dysphoria having their body be that radically different. I think it takes being just a little bit of a furry to not experience that. When I say what would you enjoy as a race & class, I'm trying to emphasize the fact that you'd be that way all the time. It's not like to finish game night and unzip the dragonborn suit and go have affection with your human significant other. You're that way ALL the time.

I think I could deal with having a few aspects like that. I could handle discrete patches of snake scales from being a yuan-ti. I think I could quickly even get used to having fangs or weird snake eyes. Such things would be exotic. I'd love the benefits of being a yuan-ti like being magic resistant and immune to poison.

On the other hand, having my entire body permanently altered to be covered in scales and my own face and head being dramatically altered so my face becomes unrecognizable? That would be troubling and arguably traumatizing to me, regardless of what other people think of me. I think I would crave the level of sensitivity that my mostly hairless mammalian skin offers. Things like that.

I'm kind of a subhuman troglodyte, so I'd be a Goblin Ranger.
I'd live in a tent pitched on the back of my Giant Crab companion. We'd hang around in a swamp catching eels, eating crawfish, avoiding people at all costs...

The strong streak of introvert in me can totally relate to this!

MagneticKitty
2017-09-26, 06:24 PM
What if you don't like the way you look, I'd take something that looks completely different and alien. Humans are boring.

If you want to say a class that reflects you everyone would be martial cause no one has magic irl... So obviously there's no one for one class to irl job conversion. I talk on the phone all day for work so... Relates to no class.. I guess wizard for the intelligence and book learning required to do my job? I dunno. Heavens know I wouldn't willingly choose wizard. Too frail.