PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Wizards Beware, You're In For A Scare

80sSkeletor
2017-09-19, 11:22 PM
This might sound like an enormous stretch, but the campaign i'm in is filled to the brim with Arcane and Divine Casters. So my current build is going for a Mage-Slaying Rogue (More So Feinting Over Sneakery) and the problem that everyone could easily see is my d6 Hit Die. Unfortunately I am the tankiest person in the party so I can't exactly rely on a Barbarian.

So I need to know of a By RAW way to make my armor immune to Weave Magics. Any way, just as long as it nullifies a good chunk.

Current Level: 14

Venger
2017-09-19, 11:39 PM
there is no published way to do that.

you might look at spur lord since you appear to be in fr. it allows you to be a cheater of mystra with a lot less busy work. cast amfs on yourself and your enemies will have a harder time casting spells on or near you.

Gruftzwerg
2017-09-20, 12:34 AM
cast amfs on yourself and your enemies will have a harder time casting spells on or near you.

and your caster teammates will hate you^^.

AFM is better in the hands of a well designed NPC party than in the hands of a PC with possible caster teammates who will get annoyed.

Eldariel
2017-09-20, 01:10 AM
Mage Slaying is hard enough. Trying to do so with Rogue? Even more so. A level 2-5 hours/level spell combination (Heart of X) renders them immune to Sneak Attack removing your primary axis of attack even if you were to get next to them. That said, make use of what you have; Wilderness Rogue (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wildernessRogue) can get Camouflage and Hide in Plain Sight by 13 so that's nice. Totally nonmagical too. Get Craven [Champions of Ruin] for extra sneak attack damage and pimp out your Hide and Move Silently (beware, your magic items open you up to Arcane Sight though).

Antimagic Field is hard, but usable; just max your Use Magic Device and use scrolls as needed. Wands of lower level spells are even more cost-efficient. It might be optimal to focus more so on ranged attacks than melee attacks since it's easier to get within range and unload a bowful/handful of arrows/alchemist's fires on them than it is to get to melee range. Having both options is all the better, of course.

You can always wear Antimagic Shackles [BoED] to make your person permanently AMFd, or Antimagic Torc [Underdark] or Bulwark of Antimagic [Draconomicon] can be used to create one AMF daily. That's the closest you'll get without shapeshifting magic. Shapechange could allow you to assume e.g. Iron Golem form making you immune to magic. You could also use the Magic Jar chain (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?154844-Gia-vs-Doc-Roc-oh-the-insanity/page3&p=9186526#post9186526) or an item of True Mind Switch (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindSwitchTrue.htm) to permanently take over a body; you could get a magic immune one. That might frankly be your best bet. Something like Golems (just pick one with magic immunity that one spell lowers as that's easiest) are usually a good bet.

and your caster teammates will hate you^^.

AFM is better in the hands of a well designed NPC party than in the hands of a PC with possible caster teammates who will get annoyed.

Na, a coordinated or smart PC party can make great use of AMF, especially the casters.