PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next [5E] Combat Expertise: 22 New Maneuvers for Battle Master fighters and Martial Adepts

Nu
2017-09-19, 11:43 PM
Google Drive (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8mqAzuTXE5deTQtdWR4N253U0k) link.

One big problem I have with the design of the Battle Master is how with all maneuvers being available at 3rd level, you pick the ones you like the best right away and then when you get additional maneuvers at 7th, 10th, and 15th levels, they're the ones that weren't good enough to be picked the first time around.

I have more far-reaching ideas for high-powered martial classes, but I've decided to start with something simple here: a set of additional battle master maneuvers with prerequisites. Most are level-based prerequisites designed to open up new options every time the Battle Master gets to pick new maneuvers. And to give a sense of scaling, yes, later maneuvers are somewhat more powerful than earlier ones. So yes, this will likely increase the power of the Battle Master fighter, though I'm not certain it'll match up to the sheer versatility of the Eldritch Knight (with nice spells like Shield, Absorb Elements, Fireball, etc.), it should at least be good in raw martial combat. This is also more adaptable to other houserules/etc. than my other ideas.

With that said, if anything seems out of line to you, I am quite open to feedback. I do my best to take all feedback into account and have already adjusted several things based on comments I've gotten elsewhere. The feedback process is quite valuable to me, and I thank you for your time reading this.

Kane0
2017-09-21, 06:18 AM
Ooh neat, been looking for some of these!

Sariel Vailo
2017-09-22, 01:49 PM
As a person who uses dueling i love this